Can't find the error in my Triggers but there is one

mgsfan18

Reaction score
I have an error in my trigger and I don't see what it is

Event: Unit - unit owned by player 1(red) Acquires an item
Condition: (item being manipulated) equal to (item being carried by (triggering unit) of type key of light)
Action: unit- create one mountain giant for player 3(teal) at (position of town hall 0051 <gen>) facing default building degrees
Action: unit group- order (last created unit group) to attack move to (position of great hall 0047 <gen>)
Action: Hero- drop (item being manipulated) from (triggering unit)
Action: Item- remove Last dropped item

I have this same trigger used but with the key of darkness and it creates an abomination instead of a mountain giant and it works perfectly fine but when I buy the key of light it creates a mountain giant plus an abomination and I have no clue why. does anyone know why?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You don't need to type that out.. Select your trigger. Look in the right pane (where you add actions, events, etc.) Right-click the paper icon. Copy as text. Then paste here between [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags.

Second, your condition is funky. Why not do Item-type of (Item being manipulated) Equal to Key of Light?

mgsfan18

Reaction score
I changed my condition but it didn't change anything

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Key of Light)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Mountain Giant for Player 2 (Blue) at (Position of Great Hall 0047 &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Position of Town Hall 0051 &lt;gen&gt;)
      • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
      • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)

this is the key of darkness trigger witch works just fine

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit owned by Player 4 (Purple) Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Hero manipulating item) of type Key of Darkness)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Abomination for Player 2 (Blue) at (Position of Great Hall 0047 &lt;gen&gt;) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Position of Town Hall 0051 &lt;gen&gt;)
      • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)
      • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Did you try my condition suggestion? It might work. I don't know. I hate figuring out GUI.

squorpion

Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Position of Town Hall 0051 <gen>)
why use unit group??? are you odering something out saide of the trigger?

so the key of darkness works but the light one doesn't?

mgsfan18

Reaction score
yes I tried.

when i buy the light it creates the abomination and the mountain giant
when i buy the darkness it creates an abomination like it should
when I created both custom items I created the key of light first then copied it and made the darkness with a different text name and icon on object editor could that be why light creates both?

mgsfan18

Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - Order (Last created unit group) to Attack-Move To (Position of Town Hall 0051 <gen>)
why use unit group??? are you odering something out saide of the trigger?

so the key of darkness works but the light one doesn't?

no I am not sure why I am using unit group

squorpion

Reaction score
yes I tried.

when i buy the light it creates the abomination and the mountain giant
when i buy the darkness it creates an abomination like it should
when I created both custom items I created the key of light first then copied it and made the darkness with a different text name and icon on object editor could that be why light creates both?

i have no idea what would be wrong it shouldn't do that. the only thing i can think of is that there was an error while copying the trigger so try to remake it without copying and see how it works out

Never_Quit

Reaction score
either add the unit to the unit group or only issue the last created unit to attack a point on the map

all you need is this piece. You are adding one more layer of condition that isnt needed.

(Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Khadgar's Gem of Health

EDIT: your condition as it is set now will run a check to see if the hero has the "gem of health" for ex. and then if it does (even if it isnt the thing being manipulated) it will run the code.

mgsfan18

Reaction score
what condition do you use to get (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Khadgar's Gem of Health because as it stands now I can only find one that needs a unit selected as well as an item

Abion47

Reaction score
There is an Item-Type Comparison condition that would be better to use in this circumstance.

mgsfan18

Reaction score
yeah I found it about 15 minutes after the post but it didn't change anything it still creates both a mountain giant and a abomination

mgsfan18

Reaction score
i have no idea what would be wrong it shouldn't do that. the only thing i can think of is that there was an error while copying the trigger so try to remake it without copying and see how it works out

LMFAO i didn't feel like remaking the triggers without copying them but i just decided to and it works thats man +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.