Convert string to order

Flamesword

Reaction score
I'm creating a unit that uses three items to fight. Each of these item weapons is supposed to be effective against a certain unit. I want a trigger to kill a certain unit type if using the correct item. But I can't seem to find the right combination of event/condition/action subroutines to use. So far, this is the best I can do:

Event
(Robot) is issued an order targeting an object
Condition
(Issued order) equal to (order(...))
(Unit-type of (targeted unit)) equal to (spider)
Action
Unit - Kill (target unit)

I don't know any of the compatible order strings to place in the ... Can anyone tell me what I can fill in there to make this work? If it simplifies the process, each of the items positions in the inventory will be predetermined.

komapatient

Reaction score
I'm creating a unit that uses three items to fight. Each of these item weapons is supposed to be effective against a certain unit. I want a trigger to kill a certain unit type if using the correct item. But I can't seem to find the right combination of event/condition/action subroutines to use. So far, this is the best I can do:

Event
(Robot) is issued an order targeting an object
Condition
(Issued order) equal to (order(...))
(Unit-type of (targeted unit)) equal to (spider)
Action
Unit - Kill (target unit)

I don't know any of the compatible order strings to place in the ... Can anyone tell me what I can fill in there to make this work? If it simplifies the process, each of the items positions in the inventory will be predetermined.

Use abilities instead of orders:

Trigger:
  • InstaGib
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Lightning Shield (Item)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Explode (Target unit of ability being cast)

Orders are standard orders like move, attack, patrol etc.

Abilities are special orders with various effects. This way WorldEdit separates them.

unknown666

Reaction score
They are just simple ones like

Attack
Move
Patrol
Harvest
Built
Right Click

You can get more of them by making a unit - issue unit to ***

in the *** you can get a list where all commands are standing

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
well do you want it to automatically check the items...or do you need to use an item ability (ie clicking the item and casting on the unit) to use the effect?

..these are extremely different

komapatient

Reaction score
You use "Unit - A unit Uses an item"

I use "Unit - Generic Unit event" with the options set to (begins casting an ability) as event (this is the call function for the trigger).

As condition I have set "Ability comparison" with the options set to (Ability being cast" equal to "Item - Wand of Lightning" [which I found when I opened the pull down menu setting on Unit abilities by default and selecting Item abilities]).

Then as action I added my random action to squish the unit once the ability is beginning to be cast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.