(D-Link) Problem Joining Other Peoples' Games?

Mael

Reaction score
Hello. I CAN host, my WC3 game port is 6112, have forwarded my ports (6112-6119), tweaked my firewall and router, made a static IP, and all that... But the problem is that I can't join some peoples' games (Game Not Found error and I know that the game's not full). The problem also applies to most of the host bots (although some I can't connect to at all).

And it's strange, usually this is the problem:
1. I CAN join a random game.
2. Plays through whole game successfully.
3. Game ends.
4. Tries to rejoin the remake.
5. I CANNOT join due to Game Not Found error (I enter the game name and try to join... Game pops up in my game list... Screen grays out for a COUPLE SECONDS... Game Not Found error pops up... Clicks okay... Game is gone from game list).
6. CAN join other games other than the remake.
7. Exits WC3, restarts WC3, and relogs onto Battle.net.
8. Tries to join the same remake.
9. I CANNOT join due to Game Not Found error.
10. Goes insane... :banghead:

Otherwise I can join games successfully without any trouble...
And sometimes I just can't join SOME games at all (especially this one friend's games [he can definitely host; I'm the only one unable to join]).

My router is (D-Link) DI-604. I've seen some people say that the cause of this problem is a connection problem with the D-Link router. And I've tried many fixes to no avail... So could I please get some help on this? Okay, so I've tried connecting my computer directly to the modem... It didn't solve anything. I also tried DMZ for my router... but that didn't solve anything either.

I've also noticed that I cannot particularly join certain host bots (especially if they are hosting private games). However, I can somehow join "Orochi-" bots (maybe this bot's hosting on 6112).
Is this a host-side problem or client-side problem? I've heard that it's a host-side problem because some hosts/bots don't use 6112-6119 to host their games. Confirmation, anyone? Help... anyone?

Problem fixed by changing to a Linksys router... Too bad I bricked the Linksys router as soon as I got it by updating it with corrupt firmware... :mad::banghead::mad: So, back to this problematic D-Link, help please?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.