Death Note

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 13 - Confession

Light goes to Aoyama to discover the identity of the Second Kira before L becomes more suspicious. but Misa Amane, the new kira, uses her unusual gift to find Light before he finds her.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 14 - Friend

Light and Misa show each other Death Notes, and Light asks Misa to have her Shinigami Rem get rid of L. But Misa asks something of light in return-to-fall in love with her!

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
lol

thanks to my dvr (yay) OI noticed something: when light was searching the internet, you can see he opened google, which was called something else with a similar name (in english chars) (not gonna look it up).

Just pointing that out, if anyone knows what google is called in japan, could you post it?

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
lol

thanks to my dvr (yay) OI noticed something: when light was searching the internet, you can see he opened google, which was called something else with a similar name (in english chars) (not gonna look it up).

Just pointing that out, if anyone knows what google is called in japan, could you post it?

Google is called Google in Japan
They called it Gentle in the show this way theres no Google Ads. They do that alot in shows and movies

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
o, ok thanks. I did not know that. Ya, the post was kinda irrevelant, but I was wondering lol.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry for it being late, Adult Swim took forever to update

(New) Episode 15 -Wager

Evidence turn up that points to Misa Amane as the second Kira. As so, She is arrested; In an effor to spare her, Rem forces Misa to forfeit her ownership of the Death Note. In this event Light is forced to save her by Rem's Command. Yet will Light give up his ownership of the Death Note as well?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
On a related note, my parents got me all 12 of the Death Note Mangas for my Birthday. Its pretty chill. Can re read them and now I actually own them! :)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 16 Decision

Misa is in confinement, though her memories of th Death Note have been completely wiped away. When Light is conined as well, th murders stop and suspicion grows strong around these too.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 17 - Execution

After Fifty days of confinement the killings continue, and Misa and Light are Released. But L devised a plan to make sure that the murders end once and for all.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Its only episode 17, and Light's father is way too strong-willed to kill Light just because L says so ... so the first part of the episode was a little weak, since there was no suspense for me.

Did anyone notice the entire second half of this episode was more light-hearted (pun) than any part of the rest of the series?

I guess the writers are trying to stress the differences between Light and Kira.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 18 - Ally

Though L is still suspicious, Light and Misa, their memories of being kira have been lost, returning to headquarters where light finds a strange connection with the recent killings and the Yotsuba group

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 19 - Matsuda

Matsuda, the task force member assigned to watch Misa is eager to distinguish himself. He feels that hes the only one being the dead weight and while on job with Misa, He decided to do a little snooping on his own at the Yotsuba Group's Tokyo headquarters

UnknowVector

Reaction score
Matsuda is easily the 2nd smoothest character in this anime (2nd to Kira of course), I thought he was screwed when he fell through the door (ok, so not THAT smooth), and all of a sudden he whips out a picture of Misa and convinces them he is looking for a sponsor. o.o

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
(New) Episode 20 - Makeshift

L's Team discovers that the Yotsuba group meet in secret discuss the elimination of individuals who are troublesome to their company and concludes that Kira must be one of the eight executives. Can Light posing as L Ferret out the right one.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
second opening started. Its creepy but cool, and I thought that they would cut it short due to one part that sounded like they were cursing in english. that part also stayed with the same words in subtitles.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
I don't really like it, I guess its mostly the ending, the song could have wound down much better than that.

Heh, we should have a poll, whats creepier, the thousands of laughing Kira heads in the fire, or the fisheye view of L eating a piece of candy ... twice.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Best part of this episode?

Misa: "I couldn't imagine living in a world without light!"

L: "Yes, it would be quite dark..."

They didn't make that pun in the book to my knowledge or the subed version.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
I missed that pun, I was so completely confused by that time. Time to re-watch the episode methinks o.o.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.