Default Shared Control Not Working?

Derek0

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having the weirdest problem I have had yet. It's probably just me missing some simple detail that I should know about but I don't, but I still can't figure it out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in every other custom map I've seen, if a player is set to "User" in the editor and that players slot is left open when running that map, and it's not a melee map, then the other players gain control of that players units, correct?

Well, thats not the case with my newest map, and I don't know why. I did the exact same thing, set the player to "User" in the editor, but when I go to run the map and leave that slot open, I can't control any of that players units.

After some trigger work, I've found out that the Slot Status for these players is "Is playing" and the Controller is "User". I would've thought that the Slot Status would be "Is unused" but it's not for unknown reasons. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Derek0.

C

Corkysmurf

Having as short of an intention span as me... I didnt bother to read all of it... but i think i understand a reason why you MIGHT have problems... 1. Are you sure you made the second player? 2. Are you sure both players are on the same team? 3. Are you sure you even checked off the box?

Tonks

Reaction score
No, it does not automatically give everyone control if the slot is empty. The creators have to make their own trigger to do that.

Corleone

Reaction score
No, it does not automatically give everyone control if the slot is empty. The creators have to make their own trigger to do that.

Indeed. It only gives you control over the units if you're an ally of that player ( triggers // preset ) and that player leaves.

Derek0

Reaction score

I don't know about that, here's two reasons:

1) I have an editable version of Helms Deep Real, and I thought of that possibility. I checked the helms deep map, and saw that there was no trigger to do that, but when I played that, I had control over the units in every "Open" slot.

2) I tried to make a trigger for this, however that's how I found out that the Slot Status for these players is "Is playing" and the Controller is "User". This would mean that there would be no way to check to see if the slot is open or closed, and also brings up the question as to why they're not "Is unused". In another map I've made, the open slots came up as "Is unused" and I was able to remove the starting hero choosers, but thats not the case in this one.

EDIT: Ok, I found the Triggers in Helms Deep, as well as for some reason now it's coming up as "Is unused" instead of "Is playing" :confused:

EDIT2: Ok, now I've got the trigger working and all, but with one problem: The food is doing something weird. When I click on one of my teammates buildings, it says they have 260/100 food (I made the max 300, and put enough farms throughout the map to add up to 300). To make this even more weird, The multiboard on the top says that their food is 260/10. And even weirder is that from time to time one of the player's food on the multiboard will flash to 260/100 and then back to 260/10. What does Full Shared Unit control do with food? Here is my trigger:

Code:
Unused
    Events
        Map initialization
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If ((Player 1 (Red) slot status) Equal to Is unused) then do (Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 1 (Red) units with his/her allies) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is unused) then do (Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 2 (Blue) units with his/her allies) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is unused) then do (Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 3 (Teal) units with his/her allies) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is unused) then do (Game - Grant shared vision and full shared unit control of Player 4 (Purple) units with his/her allies) else do (Do nothing)

EDIT 3: Ok, pinned half of the problem. The reason it was switching between 100 and 10 was because 100 would not fit, so it would only show the 100 when the other side was smaller, for example, it would say 256/10 but 211/100 Because the 211 takes up less space, it has enough space left to show the extra 0. Only question now is, why can they only have 100 when I set the max to 300...

EDIT4: I have a theory: I think that there's something wrong with the food display that has to do with a max of 300 food. The normal max on food is 100, so it will only show 260/100 instead of the full 260/300. However, this is causing trouble through the game since it also won't let me build past 100 food either -.- How would I fix this, I already set the Food Limit in the Gameplay Constants to 300, how else would I go about fixing this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.