Does This Sound Good?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if you think that if my map had thee features, would you think its good? If not, then tell me what to change.
My map will have:
Rpg Camera System
Full Screen Inventory System
10-12 abilitys(made a system for that)
Key Board System
Arrow Key Movement System

The Keyboard System is a system that allows you to attack by pressing a key such as A. You would have many attacks and also, every attack has a key that evades it. That would mean that there would be about 10 keys to know by heart. 5 attack and 5 evade.

Also would this beggining be good?
You begin with a simple hero and he learns a few ability's. He at level lets say 20 goes to a certian person in the mountians or woods and that person makes him into another class like warrior. Every special person upgrades you to another class and all those classes upgrade themselves to something else. Now if you choose warrior or any other class you can't change into another class but the warrior upgrades to another class like commander.

Would this sound good for a map and if no, why and what should I do to improve?

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That is very good,but can you show me in PM that 10-12 ability system please.I'm curious.. :D

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
You see, by ability system, I mean something like n WOW and I know its possible because my full screen inventory system will work the same way. If it dosen't go, then im going to have to make it based of an multi board.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well I never really liked full-screen inventories. The multi-page inventories I think are best, but otherwise this sounds really cool!

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Will it be multiplayer? Cause Arrow Keys got delay in multiplayer.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yes,a lot of Rpg's lags with keyboard system....And imagine if user has slow pc :eek:

Totally chaos...computer blocks...

By the way,good luck on your project!:thup:

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Eh, I'll have to remove the arrow key movement system and change the camera system, but those anyone know why key board system lags? Anyways thanks for the comments. And please go to the posted thread to join the project.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not exactly keyboard system lag. It's just with arrow keys.

The host will have fine speed, no lag, but all other players will have a couple of second delay before it actually reacts to pressing the key.

You could, however, use a WASD movement system.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
WASD system is same as arrows only you use w for up a for left and such and such i believe, not a 1000% for that but thats what i think it is.
I would make it so you can change your camera angle IMO getting stuck with 1 camera angle, and especially if you don't like it, can completely turn you off of a map

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
WASD system is same as arrows only you use w for up a for left and such and such i believe, not a 100% for that but thats what i think it is.
I would make it so you can change your camera angle IMO getting stuck with 1 camera angle, and especially if you don't like it, can completely turn you off of a map

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Whats this about a key detect?
Afaik wc3 only interfaces with Up, Down, Left, Right and esc.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Well, I can make 2 different camera views, one is original and the other is Rpg view. Ive been thinking about making the arrow key movement into letters so Ill probably use WASD System.And please if you can then join my rpg project, ive posted the link in this thread.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Sorry for multi posting but the key board detect ive figured out how to do in another thread, you see, all you have to do is hide the ability and give it the hot key for the letter you want. You let the trigger do the rest.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Sorry for multi posting but the key board detect ive figured out how to do in another thread, you see, all you have to do is hide the ability and give it the hot key for the letter you want. You let the trigger do the rest.
Thats smart! +rep for that idea!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.