Errors, believed to be memory problem

Volkof

Reaction score
Ok, i did search through the forum and found tons of threads on fatal errors, but none of them actually give a proper solution.

Here are my problems:
1) When I am playing Warcarft maps (I mean ANY maps), frequently during the middle of the game, it just crash. (Sometimes WC3 just crush even when i am just at the Main Menu)

2)When i open World Editor and was edditing maps, this Error pops out and the whole program closed down b4 i could save my data.

3) Even when i am just playing online flash game or serving the net, the error sometimes appear (not as often as in WC3) and the webpage closes.

wc3errorkh0.png
weerrorbr9.png

Well the errors are getting on my nerves. I couldnt play a full game, go bnet, and it hinders my map development. I really want to solve this problem

I have reasons to believe that this is related to the RAM. Currently I have 2 RAMs, one 512MB and the other 256MB.
Im not a computer expert, so i was wondering if that is the problem causing the errors. If u guys can think of any other solutions, pls let me know.

Thks in advance.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I think it's just Windows.
I never have the problem with my browser because I use Firefox, go onto google and get Mozilla Firefox 2, it's WAY better than Internet Explorer.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Hm... even melee maps crash like that ? If only custom then mostly they got bugs in them and it isn' t your fault they create bad maps.
> Middle of editing map ?
What you are tring to edit ? Adding JASS and then enableing it ? If there is some Ifs without endif they instantly crash Word Editor (or was it with loops...). What Windows are you using ? Do you got latest drivers for your video card ? Not comptable (How to spell it ?) video card ?

EDIT: Hm... in error message word "written" points that it could not save data to ram or something. I' m not expert. If you got money to spend buy new ram or wait for more responses. Or just remove that extra 256 ram and it should work or your ram is damaged. To check is it ok download programs and test your PC ram- it should take some hours to check ram or so.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
My friend Seannny is currently having the same problem, he did a virus scan and found a worm. So, do a virus scan.

I USED to get the problem, but it stopped when I did a virus scan, or was it when I reinstalled Warcraft... Do whatever takes less time works first, I know one of them fixes it =/

Edit > Ok, when Seannny removed the worm it started working.

Volkof

Reaction score
>elmstfreddie
Um windows? Im not sure what does that mean. Currently i dont have any anti-virus software installed. I will install one asap

>Sooda
No..its not the bugs in the map because how can all maps contain bugs.

That map that i was creating in WE was new. no triggers were added yet, only some doodads, terrians and a few units.

I suspect that it is the memory problem, because i remember sometimes (occured about 4-5 times now) while i was playing a warcraft game, the computer suddenly restart itself.

By the way, how does removing the 256ram help? Whats wrong with having 2 rams of different capacity? What should be the suitable RAM?

thks in advance

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Windows is a just a type of computer thingy or whatever.. i.e. There's Mac, Windows, etc...

It is probably a virus, this question has been asked before, so I think about 1/2 of them had a virus, I think... :)

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Everything with more complexity than.. well anything will have bugs.

Warcraft III does have problems with memory management, not much you can do about it other than buy new RAM. And it depends on your motherboard for the suitibility of RAM.

Volkof

Reaction score
Do u know how to check the competebility of the RAM and motherboard?

My motherboard is from Gigabyte Technology
My 2 RAMs are:
1) Infineon 256mb
2)Twin MOS 512mb

Volkof

Reaction score
I would like to know if 2 RAMs of different capacity, will it cause any problem?

Evote

Reaction score
i had the same problem its a huge leak somewhere or a trigger which does somthing which causes errors and btw 2 different rams don't cause problems. but to different types of ram do. they both sd? ddr? Rambus DRAM ? cause they carn't mix

try disabling a trigger at a time till the error stops
when u find it re-make it differently
And i dout u got a virus.
Bitlord doesn't usually give viruses.
Also that error ISN"T A VIRUS or ur windows it's just somthing u've done in editer proberly a trigger.

Volkof

Reaction score
I think u guys misunderstood that this error occur only during map editting and when i am playing warcraft maps. Let me rephrase my problem:

PHP:
1) When I am playing Warcarft maps ([B]I mean ANY maps[/B]), frequently during the middle of the game, it just crash. (Sometimes WC3 just crush even when i am just at the Main Menu)

2)When i open World Editor and was edditing maps, this Error pops out and the whole program closed down b4 i could save my data.

3) Even when i am just playing online flash game or serving the net, the error sometimes appear (not as often as in WC3) and the webpage closes.
Some games that I play: www.armourgames.com
                                  www.crazymonkeygames.com

4) (i didnt add this because i thought its not necessary)
Do u know that even when i am replying posts (aready happened more than 10 times) or just surfing through the net, a pop up error saying [I]this application has encounted an error...dont send[/I]

flasherroryb9.png

interneterroret9.png

Its not just warcraft where i get this error, do u understand what im trying to say now?
but thks for yr suggestion anyway

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well heres what I suggest have you even done Virus Scanning, delete cookies, etc. because that has happen before if that doesn't help
It can't be your connection
It has to be inside your computer I'm guessing not from an outside source if you can't fix it I'm suggesting get pro geeks to look at it :rolleyes:
but keep that as a last resort...

Volkof

Reaction score
Sry im not very familiar with cookies, how do i delete them?
I guess virus infection is the most possible cause...

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Try calling Geek Squad LOL. My friend has a computer repair company typish thing. You could, but I doubt it, come down to orange city, iowa and look for Stephen Lawrensen. Hes a tall blond kid. He is pretty good with computers. Him and his dad. He built his own computer too. LOL i really dont know why i even care.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think we need to add something to the bottom of the front page that shows the Headline News forum that has a link to go to the News Forum Index so people can see there is more news. Do you guys see what I am saying, lets say you read all the articles on the front page and you get to the end and it just ends, no kind of link for MOAR!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Wednesday!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Sticking with the desserts for now the latest recipe is Fried Apple Pies - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-fried-apple-pies.194297/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Finally finding about some of the bots that are flooding the users online - bytespider apparently is a huge offender here - ignores robots.txt and comes in from a ton of different IPs

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.