Snippet Event

quraji

zap
Reaction score
You probably don't have the latest version of JassHelper (In earlier versions you were not allowed to define [ljass]destroy[/ljass] as a method as JassHelper defined it internally).

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
I have the same problem.. T_T

You probably don't have the latest version of JassHelper
I have the latest JNPG ( 1.5d ) with the latest JassHelper ( 0.9.1.2 ) but still the error occurs..

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
ok so i downloaded it and said i have to "replace jasshelper.exe and clijasshelper.exe in the folder called "bin" inside jass newgen pack's folder" but theres nothing to replace. Plus, when i double-click the files, it says that the file "SFmpq.dll" is missing but in fact its there.
:confused:

EDIT:
Re-downloaded...
same problem..

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
So that users can fire their triggers according to the order which they liked.

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
by adding triggers to an Event in the desired order.
If you want to add trigger to the middle? :p

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
by adding triggers to an Event in the desired order.
If you want to add trigger to the middle? :p
JASS:
call MyEvent.register(myTrig1)
call MyEvent.register(myTrig3) // <-- Then do so.
call MyEvent.register(myTrig2)

Dynamic triggers with priorities is just about the worst code design possible. There must be a -reason- you'd want to do something in order to do it, like let's say you want to fire evasion before lifesteal. The solution is have an evasion Event, and then a lifesteal Event which fires afterwards, not to use some priority rubbish.

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Example :
JASS:
call MyEvent.register(myTrig1)
call MyEvent.register(myTrig2)

After some times,
I want to add myTrig3 in between of myTrig1 and myTrig2. Omg, it will be troublesome for this case.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
There must be a -reason- you'd want to do something in order to do it, like let's say you want to fire evasion before lifesteal. The solution is have an evasion Event, and then a lifesteal Event which fires afterwards, not to use some priority rubbish.
Based on whatever reason you have to do such a thing, you should split up your Event into a series of ordered Events. It is more efficient, the code is more readable, it gives more control and it avoids the "magic numbers" that event priorities provide.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
JASS:
//  What is Event?
//         - Event simulates Warcraft III events. They can be created,
//           registered for, fired and also destroyed.
It basically allows you to define your own events, and treat them like WC3 events are treated. You define when the Event occurs by calling MyEvent.fire(). You register triggers on it by calling MyEvent.register(trigger). You can even destroy an Event by calling MyEvent.destroy(), and unregister triggers (for recycling or whatnot) by calling MyEvent.unregister(trigger).

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put Event on an empty map, and it says 'Member redeclared: destroy" for all the destroy methods.

How can I fix it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.