Evil tricks to put in a map

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Were talking about warcraft, not asking questions about it.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Created by an Administrator, I would very much assume it is in the right place. It is just a brainstorming session, not asking for help.

~Have a small greenish round "ball" bounce over to you. If you do pick it up, a giant Dog/Wolf tramples you, and the ball is removed from your inventory.

~Include food in the map, and when a unit eats it, increase the size on their Y angle so as to gain a "fattening" effect.

~Create Pathing Blockers in random places.

~Enable Black Mask during Duel Arenas or other events.

~Randomly clear the selections of all players.

HailCommi

Reaction score
- everytime u select units u make them explode

- passive skill: every attack decreases the food cap of target's owner

- stack 6 - 7 regions on top of each other, each covering the entire map. At random intervals, turn on different weather effects for all of them.

- ability to build fountains

- Convert all your game interface strings into another language (SO want to try this)

- Have triggers that send really long strings of random characters to every player's screen every 0.2 seconds (I actually tried something similar with my friend by spamming PM to him that blocked the screen :D )

- Have a skill that looks like permanent invis, but all it does is changes the vex transparency so that it still looks normal to its owner, but other units can see it.

- blink with 1 sec cooldown and max cast range (not sure if mentioned)

- have imported sound clips of pr0n playing at max volume at random times.

- every once in a while, have an IRS unit come to a player's base and take a portion of their gold + lumber

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Make a map named WH40K: Life of an Imperial Guardsman.

Map features:
-All enemies of the WH40K universe. From chaos cultists to necrons to tyranids.
-Detailed landscape.
-100s of weapons.
-Etc.

2 seconds after the intro, a commisar pops up, executes you and gives a double attack speed buff to nearby npc's. Game over.

-Add a -cashtalk option. Every line of chat adds gold. To your opponents.

-Make a terran marine randomly wander the map. When clicked on he says somehing along the lines of "Does anybody know the way to SCII? I think i'm lost." At exactly the same time, spawn a large group of hostile zerg in your base.

P

Persen

Couldn't resist to read this thread, I haven't mapped for nearly a year now and some of you might not even have seen me.

But I have a question^^
The last one is kinda like the waygate-thing that I read earlier in this thread, make 2 triggers like this:
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 1
Actions
Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of (Region 2))
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 2
Actions
Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of (Region 1))
This'll cause serious lag ^^
Why do this?

When you can do this?
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 1
Actions
Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of (Region 1))
:p

Really funny thread btw:D

R

Ricky

Hi

Hi~Ricky

Have some kind of circular staircase with a door at the end.When they reach the door the screen fades out and tehir unit/hero gets teliported back to the start of that staircase but have a triggers that changes the scenery every time. Then fade it bk in.

If they ever reach the room there trying to get to have an itm that does nothing.

then do the same thing on the way down:D

Prometheus

Reaction score
[Logic-ish]If you move a units some where else and then back again spontaneity, you think that it would end of cloning the unit in some way.[/Logic-ish]
Make a nuke spell and at random times say "X is going to Nuke You!"
and then make a spell that drops a big bomb on their base. lol
Oh and turn them undead because of the radiation!

Anachron

Reaction score
Make a Soldier with 1 mana and 1 life, when it uses a spell ( every spell 1 mana and kills every enemy thing ) it looses the lifepoint, if it attacks ( 10000000 range splash damage ) it will also kill it self. If it has the order of stop and waits 10 seconds you loose the game. If you don't change order each 5 seconds, this unit will explode and you will get a video transmittion and you won't be able to leave wc3, you ahve to restart pc then or task manager. ;)

Added: When someone writes leak or lagg or leaks or lag or something like this a splash screen will come up with LAGGER as text and will create about 100 special effects of blood size 10.00 behind the screen :D

S

skeloman

Make an animal pen with an awesome weapon inside of it, then a trigger that says when the item is picked up the animal pen reforms with the person stuck inside it, and the animal pen unable to be destroyed!!
pwnt, im now going to make a map with all these ideas in it!

Prometheus

Reaction score
Someone once did this but called it DotA 2, it was funny.

D

Drakma

make a trigger that says

if a player presses A player leaves the game with a los:D

or

if a player clicks on last created unit player leaves the game with a los:D

deadone115

Reaction score
XD u got that off of "Are You A Retard" :p

And im suprised more posts are coming in. i Like you idea Duwenbasden

But change it to "1 large spider that spawns 2 small spiders on death, that both spawn 2 large spiders on death, which each are the same as the very first spider! AHHH, IT NEVER DIES!!!!
yeah.. but what if there is a badass hero/unit???? he would get like
unlimited exp so u could the do that -exp or -damage

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
True. Have them give no exp and have them follow the hero forever. Even the ones just created. Even if one was klled by someone else, have it follow that one guy. He would get so pissed and leave :D

A

Atreides

no, if the hero keeps killing them eventually it will lag to hell because of all the new spiders=gg if he kills em, gg if he doesn't

Black Hawk

Reaction score
How about making a stock market item shop called the stock marcket that sells Blizzard shares. You buy one and you cant drop it. At the moment you buy it, a sapper appears blows up the market and a message appears saying stock market crash and you lose 10 gold and 10 wood every second. The player will be :eek: & :mad: & :confused: & even :banghead:

Another evil thing will be a ring of mana steal that steals mana from you. (lol)

One thing that you can do is sell a unit package (a unit with items). The pack will have a vampiric potion (which turns your hero into a vampire) a ring of regeneration (that gives you negative regen [undropable]) and other evil items.

Maybe brilliance that takes mana, Vampiric Aura that reduces attack, Unholy Aura that reduces speed and health regen, Big Bad Voodoo that makes enemies invulnerable, True Shot aura that reduces damage, Thorns aura that gives enemies health as they attack Starfall that hits allies and players units and the caster, Immolation that hurts every one, including the caster, Animate dead that gives the dead to your enemy or Neutral Hostile.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Create a 'BLIND MAN' hero and give him no attacks, and the skill to summon a dog. XD

BlightWarden

Reaction score
as much fun as this might be, may i ask how this would encourage people to play your map? its not very hard to see if something is rigged. just single player it with money codes and buy everything. seems like alot of effort just to rig a map.

but ill participate, lol.

a good item granting good bonuses, yet whenever you kill something, the other team gets resources, like gold.

an item that allows the opponent to gain xp whenever you strike him/her.

an item that turns all allied units into foes commanded by opposing team for X seconds.

i feel dirty now.:D

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Some more things..

gonna continue to play at the trick-dota-players theme;

Randomly creates a chicken courir (chicken with hero inventory) for an enemy player in your base, and it carrys 2-3 items (something with mask of death icon, something with a ring icon etc) make it have 45hp but hidden abilities that makes it recieve zero dmg from everything, when it is attacked it grows to maybe 3-4 times size and maybe becomes red (to look enraged) then starts shooting fireballs or something else badass.

Other fun stuff;

Swapping from night to day back and forth really frequently :cool:

create a hidden unit with the Stampede ability with reaaaally big aoe and missile count, and the Kiljaden cinematic as missile art :D

A trigger that changes size of all units in the range of 40% - 300% now and then

An upside down illidan running around (maximum pitch angle -180 and height 300) on the map for the whole game, and now and then he does something, like killing some1 or giving gold or casting a storm bolt that stuns for 30 sec. But mostly he just runs around.
Other models for this unit could be Pit Lord, Death Knight, Naga royal Guard, Malfurion with Stag. :rolleyes:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.