Evil tricks to put in a map

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
This is one I saw used today... It is EVIL! :nuts:

In EotA, I was playing for my first time. I picked up this "Potato of Apocalypse" and skimmed over the tooltip. Noticing it didn't have any direct effects, I just kept it in my inventory hoping it would be useful.

Then... 5 minutes later... What happened? KABOOM! There goes me.

I was killed by a POTATO. Despite everything else, I was killed by a potato.

If that isn't evil, do I dare ask what is?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I remember that, it even said it on the screen:

Halo_king116 was just killed by a Potato!

It was so funny :p

M

Makaze

A pile of brown stuff is placed on the floor. When the character goes near it these words will appear on th screen, " It looks like shit, smells like shit, feels like shit, tastes like shit...it is shit! Luckily I did not step on it."

stubs101

Reaction score
Lol, nice one.

You should like make all the time you harvest lumber it adds to your gold, and all the time you harvest gold you get more lumber, but no gold. The guy would really get pissed.

You should also make like every creep in the game able to be bought. So like if you're going to attack someone and you have money, make a sidetrip and buy the creeps that are for lvling.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
In a melee type map start to replace player buildings with random same race buildings when player can' t see these buildings directly (Isn' t viewing). Players should be soon :confused: and after that :nuts:

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
In a melee type map start to replace player buildings with random same race buildings when player can' t see these buildings directly (Isn' t viewing). Players should be soon :confused: and after that :nuts:

Well, what if it replaced an ancient of war with chimera roost in the first 3 min :D.

Spawn a gold coin that says "gives 5000 gold" in someones base(melee game). Have it when a unit with inventory comes near it; it blinks away.When a unit finally gets it, have it minus the 5000 gold instead of adding it.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
How about instead if they get close to the gold coin it blinks away. :D You can never catch it.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Code:
E: Time - Every 3 Mins
C:
A: pick every unit in playable map area matching picked unit is a town-hall type unit and replace picked unit with farm

Wouldn't that be good? :D

Omni

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I found a map that has a lot of lame/evil/again lame tricks in it:

Are You A Redard?

(stuff like a DONT CLICK ON ME unit, when you click on it, you're game over <3 )

(also dont try picking up items (even the 'uber god item' that says it will turn you into chuck norris!))

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
I found a map that has a lot of lame/evil/again lame tricks in it:

Are You A Redard?

(stuff like a DONT CLICK ON ME unit, when you click on it, you're game over <3 )

(also dont try picking up items (even the 'uber god item' that says it will turn you into chuck norris!))

Play that game and you're gonna lose. Cuz i already posted a post saying alot peoples post were from that game. Its pretty hard, #6, im only one of my entire clan and friends who beat it ( i opened map :D)

How about instead if they get close to the gold coin it blinks away. You can never catch it.

ummm, what i said:
Spawn a gold coin that says "gives 5000 gold" in someones base(melee game). Have it when a unit with inventory comes near it; it blinks away.When a unit finally gets it, have it minus the 5000 gold instead of adding it.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Leap spells

Random Leap - a leap spell that sends you way longer than the point you are targeting, and maybe +/- 30 degrees angle

Something that teleports your hero into the enemys base and then polymorphs you AND makes you "net'ed "

Something that makes you start flying around in circles for like 10 sec than w8s 3-10 sec and then you start flying around again. This repeats it self a random amount of times (maybe like 3-6 times):p

Those are some possible actions,

some events could be;

Gem drop - When a hero dies a "Gem of Truesight" is dropped (destroyed after 20 sec), i think that especially dota players:rolleyes: will have the reflex to pick it up.
when it is picked up/destroyed something happens (example flying around in circle, seen above)

"invisible" Goblin land mines
- a unit that looks like a goblin land mine but that dosent do anything, when a hero goes near it the hero gains truesight, and is likely to attack the mine in order to destroy it. Then something could happen when the mine is attacked (Hexed into a tree/chair/girl for example)

Some items/abilities:

Throw item/ability - an item with the description "Throws nearest hero to a target location" but actually throws yourself and stuns you for 6 sec on landing.

Hook item/ability
- "throws a hook that pulls back units hit by it and dmgs" but instead drags you to the enemy you hit.

Wind walk item/ability
- works like normal wind walk ability, just that when stealth is over you are teleported to the location you stealthed and polymorphed/slowed/net'ed/all of the above.

Bladestorm - in all to many maps the hero blademaster is overpowered, so a bladestorm ability that makes your hero begin to fly would be quite funny;) .
Makes the hero fly higher and higher until the ability ends, and hero drops to the ground and dies.(the ability deals no dmg)

Thats it from me, remember to eat yoghurt.

D

Dorian

But change it to "1 large spider that spawns 2 small spiders on death, that both spawn 2 large spiders on death, which each are the same as the very first spider! AHHH, IT NEVER DIES!!!!
That's what I was going to suggest.

I made a map once that had a Neutral Hostile hero with massively deadly abilities. The problem is, every time you kill him, he revives 5 seconds later with full HP/MP, all ability cooldowns reset, and levels up. He also actively hunts down the last player to kill him and can't be attacked by towers/defensive structures or computer controlled units. I also put several things in the map that hinted at a secret item that would kill him, but I neglected to actually put that item in the map...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
havent read every post so people may have already said these...

spawn some uber cool unit with massive chaos dmge etc... but he can only attack Debris xD

your peasents only gather 1 gold per run from a goldmine

this one could send you to hospital...

Every 0.3 seconds of game time, get the black fade filter and change the colours randomly so it flashes a millon differnet colours on teh screen.

may give the people Fits xD

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I think I might try my hand at a game like this, perhaps we could start something like this in Members' Projects? RPG, AoS, or another style of game, all of these suggestions sound great.

~Add an -ms command, though it doesn't display the exact movement speed, just a random number between 0 and 522.

~Have a unit called PurgeAndFire repeatedly kill another unit called elmstfreddie, or the other way around. Causing an intervention certainly means death.

~When you try to spawn a unit using a barracks, randomly spawn a different unit, and there is no pattern to it.

~Start a "Don't Talk" mode every 10 minutes that lasts 1 minute, if you talk your hero dies. Start telling them if they need further knowledge on how Don't Talk Mode works, they can type -help. If they type -help, display a message saying "I'm not exactly sure on how to make a -help command" and then kill their hero.

~Create an invulnerable unit that casts Big Bad Voodoo at random times.

~Randomly set units' movement speeds to 0, then after a while give them a random movement speed.

~Create a maze leading to a special item. Step on the stones, stepping on the lava kills you. The path of stones leads directly to the item, however, at some point they step on the stone but die anyways. The item does nothing anyways.

~Create items that look like units, and when picked up a unit looking like the item spawns and begins attacking you.

~Set some units' attack missile speeds to 5.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I think me and Fire are using this idea for Insanity Showdown
But its a Throw Rock spell
Spell Makes a rock land in a random spot killing any unit that it hits
that is if it hits anyone :p

Also Gates that don't open
Random Sound Effects ^^ funny but sometimes annoying lol

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol, random sound effects xD

make nuetral hostile have a couple of units with 9999999 range, 1 damage and an avergae missile speed. and make the constantly attack all of your buildings and units. it probably wont kill them, but the guy wont shut up about "your units are under attack" and "your base is under siege"

S

Shukaku

Got some really evil ones:D In this TD that I'm making, there are no way whatsoever to detect invisible units, except maphacking, of course. I have made an invisible flying unit that follows your builder, if you click him, you'll get into cinematic mode and the picture below will fill your screen:rolleyes:
63tnpef.jpg

You can also use a picture of some horror movie thing (like the ring) and import a screaming sound which you play when the picture pops up, this trick can also be used in really hard mazes, which will scare people for sure:p

The last one is kinda like the waygate-thing that I read earlier in this thread, make 2 triggers like this:
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 1
Actions
Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of (Region 2))
Code:
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 2
Actions
Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to (Center of (Region 1))
This'll cause serious lag ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.