Evil tricks to put in a map

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Make an extremely complex/boring/long/difficult/everything to the left line of quests that would end with an ultimate reward - the questgiver saying "Yeah, yeah, thanks I guess...get off my property now!"
Possibly make him invulnerable and hostile after that.

Akatsuki

Reaction score
When someone types whosyourdaddy. Send an army of critters in their base. And have them do nothing. So they will go WTF? Then make them explode destroying their entire base.

P

Persen

Look and feel like the real thing.
Until you pick them up.
Then you notice they don't do anything, changed name to "Item Name (cursed)",
and the only way to drop it is to visit the local healer (Neutral shop) for a (really small) fee.

Golden Sun perhaps?

Outbreak191

Reaction score
This thread inspired me so here is my joke map, some of it doesnt work but I don't care. Be prepared for death my memory leaks too:

Attachments

• Ultimate Arena.w3x
    190.9 KB · Views: 356

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Reversal of orders.

Every time a unit is issued an order, reorder the unit to move to the directly opposite coordinates on the map. Maybe move the unit with a timer, so it looks like the unit is moving back wards.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of an ultimate drunken haze effect :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Ultra hard item to get, when you do, you have to go to this altar thats super hard to get to. When you get there, you turn into a chicken and after 10 seconds of the game yelling at you "N00B!", you are kicked.
:D

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Ha, here is a simple one. At the end of a game when someone/some team is supposed to win, give them a defeat (game over) :p

A

Atreides

Give one player a unit with a small attack, but a unique attack type. Make this attack type do 5000% damage to all armor types.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Another simple one.

If your game has a cinematic at the start (Or you could make one), start it out normal, but drag it on REALLY long. The secret being to make sure it SEEMS important, and having extremely long waits between message. For a message that takes 5 seconds to read, make it stay for 20, and so on.

Once you run out of important things to say, start talking about how this map and the process of making it reminds you of some "back in the day" stories, and the time your dog ran away, etc. etc.

Then after all the important stuff, extremely long waits, and pointless stories, say "Good Luck!" and start the map to find a giant chicken and raccoon dueling.

Call the map something about duels, like "Dueling arena" or something-or-other thats better.

Just a stupid idea.

Another being give a unit/race/hero (Whichever) a great attack with a low cooldown, and it has good overall stats. Make it so it can only attack allies :p

Or how about a "Goblin Sapper" type unit, which the ability tooltip being something like:

"Causes a large explosion destroying everything in a large area". When used, blows your base up in a "large explosion", saying "Oh, thats where I left the explosives!"

Have a good one. :)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Make something like the space fel orc, with the flamethrower, make it super fast attack speed, and low damage, thinkin it a regular, fast hero, like the marine. Then have it have some extreme full splash damage percent (1000) that only hits allies, and has the splash range of 20000(max range)

Someone with average-good mapping skills should make a map like "Are You a Retard" with everyones ideas from this thread :p.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
Endless quests involving bringing the same item to places on the map.

Wander on all heroes.

Play "I'm a Barbie Girl" again and again.

IRS is hunting YOU.

iseedeadpeople spawn endless stream of zombies to the player's base/hero. (Now you DO see dead people!)

whosyourdaddy spawn big Uther (3.00+ scale) on top of the player's hero, squashing him when he lands.

greedisgood # - #/100 of coins + lumber spawned committing suicide on the hero.

pointbreak - Hero runs off cliff, dies.

thereisnospoon - a giant spoon attacks the hero.

synergy - spawn the hero's alter ego, make it run in random places. If it dies, the hero dies.

whoisjohngalt - IRS is hunting for YOU.

Super Kid flying around.

M

MapMaker

1 make a really powerful unit that you can train for a LOT of gold/lumber, and then when it finishes training, maKE it turn into the enemy's unit.

2 Make reincarnation revive hero with only 1 hp and no mana.

3 make abilities cast on enemy units get reflected back on your units,
ex. chain lightning, the bolt of lightning get spread across your units and not theirs.

4 have a intro to a map where it just talks about non sense, like what you did today.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
If someone swears - you can put 10000000 hp rocks around the hero :D

Make an alien map and "forget" to give you a password that kills people instantly.

when someone says OMG or OMFG then an angel will spawn above the player's hero's head, killing the hero.

An item that makes everything ONE (damage, armor etc...) but your speed is 566. Then you die if you get within 500 yrds of the enemy.

When illidan dies, Kil'jaeden comes and wipes everyone out.

When Arthas dies, Archimonde comes and wipes everyone out.

When Blademaster dies, He goes mad and spawns 5000 random Whirlwinds upon the map.

When someone tries to ally with someone, Illidan comes and destroys the persons base saying "You Are Not Prepared!!!"

When a crab dies, or a sheep, or any critter. a Giant version will spawn and kill the killing unit :D

My Ideas.
MINE.
End.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Two-way gates. Go through one, pop out the other. Sounds great, doesn't it? Though it would be a common mistake to "accidentally" forget to turn off the triggers for a bit of time. Now your unit is switching from one place to another every, oh, say, 0.01 seconds. Massive, massive, massive lag. And it never stops.

OMFG THERES A HERO CALLED GOD!!! Extremely hard to get, involves taking your hero selector (i.e. the Wisp used in most Hero Arena maps) through a rigrous maze, stepping off the grass path costing you death of your Wisp. If one manages to get around this snaking maze, they find themself right at the beginning. And if they do manage to somehow get God, then display text saying "And God rested on the 7th day". Then put God into an infinite Sleep.

*Note: Only works with the overly curious, bored, or brainless*
Barrels of Explosives... uh... explode and kill anyone nearby. If attacked.

Include the ladder hero Pandaren Brewmaster. Replace his "Drunken Haze" with a spell called "Drunken Haze" with the exact same tooltip, though instead this just rocks your camera uncontrollably for about 4 hours (What a big map!) while his dying liver fails to filter his blood. At some point, make him "Pass out" and go to sleep.

Reaction score
Most ev0l trick is an infinite loop.. which is ran when someone calls other a noob ;D.. Gonna invent a system like that (jk)..

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Make a cheese item with description CHEESE! that gives +1 to all stats, but you can't drop, and it fills all your slots on acquire.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Wisp hero, give it ridiculously high attack and invulnerability.
Make the attack only target invulnerable units (these can't be killed anyway) and have make the hero have only one ability - detonate (that would result in perma death when used).

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
A fake Kick System lol

When someone Red says -Kick (color)
Message shows up say bad things about red :eek:

Like Players Name (Color) (Rest of the Message) :shades:

Its so easy that anyone could do it

This is just something you should never do
End of the world Spell

Creates a Spawn of units then explodes them so fast that WC3 crashes when someone clicks this ability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.