Extracting Icons

Derek0

Reaction score
I was making a site for my map and, being too lazy to go through and take screenshots of each non-custom icon in my game, I was wondering if there was a way to get them out of the world editor, like export them into JPGs or TGA. If not, is there an online source I can get the icons from? Or at least the unit icons? I found one site with some unit icons but I use some of the campaign icons as well as TFT icons so that site didn't help that much.

T

ThePixelator

Derek0 said:
I was making a site for my map and, being too lazy to go through and take screenshots of each non-custom icon in my game, I was wondering if there was a way to get them out of the world editor, like export them into JPGs or TGA. If not, is there an online source I can get the icons from? Or at least the unit icons? I found one site with some unit icons but I use some of the campaign icons as well as TFT icons so that site didn't help that much.

Get the warcraft 3 image extractor, or some other MPQ opening program, and extract them that way. The image extracter even lets you save them from BLPs to JPGs (I think, if not JPGs, then definitely TGAs). They should be in the replacable textures/command buttons folder.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Extractor can only open and save blp and tga for the record :D

Derek0

Reaction score
Thanks, I got the icons I needed :) Also, the Warcraft 3 Image Extractor did save the icons I got as JPGs, all but one which it would only let me save a TGA, so I used The GIMP to convert it. I guess some can export as JPGs and some cant.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.