Game FIFA 2005 Graphics Problem

T

TomN

Hi I've been having problem with FIFA 2005 (PC) graphics. Its only when its in a match but the graphics become really flashy and you cant see the top quarter of the screen at all.

Ive got the latest version of my graphic card driver and Ive got the latest version Direct X.

My Comp spec is :

Avent 3412 2.8GHz
48x CD-RW
GeForce 4 MX 440 8x 128 mb DDR/ TV-out
512mb DDR
Intel Pentium 4 Proccessor

and lots of memory..

Anyone got any idea what to do?

C

currahee

Sounds to me like a graphics driver issue. I'd suggest you reinstall the drivers.
This means going to the hardware list, right clicking on your adapter and selecting Uninstall and unininstalling the drivers, rebooting the computer and install the latest drivers again.

D

Dirtyears

Bad graphics on FIFA 2005 using NVIDIA

My husband had the same problem as well. Our computer card is Geforce FX 5600. After spending the whole day looking thru the net. I have found the answer, go to control panel, then display, then settings, then click on advanced, then click on your graphics card tab, click on performance and quality settings, and look for Antialiasing Settings and click on it and change the settings value to 4x on the slider bar. And hey presto the game now works like a dream. I can,t take credit dor this as I found the answer on another forum, but I thought I should share this information.

D

diëlectricon

Driver too 'new'

'I' had the same problem with fifa 2005. It kept heavily flashing when playing, with a black "tape" on 'my' screen moving from top to bottom constantly, dissappearing players and heads, shadows without players etc... and this while 'I' can perfectly play unreal tournament 2004 with highest textures, physical details and so on. 'I' searched on lots of forums but they where only telling to change settings...The problem with 'my' (medion) Geforce 4 mx 460 card was with the installation of the nvidia unified driver. In some way this driver was too 'good' for fifa 2005. 'I' then installed a 2 years older driver (2003) that was was named 'medion geforce 4 mx 460' and standard provided with 'my' computer (driver folder on 'my' backup partition and driver cd), but not signed by whql ('I' have a signed one too but didn't try that out- :)) and that made fifa 2005 running excellent with high details... etc. Obviously it made decreasing in quality 'my' unreal tournament 2004 a bit (but on a playable scale). so 'my' "solution" is the following: if you have an old(-er) driver of your graphic card (eventually and preferably standard provided with your computer or graphic card when bought->you can get one too on driverguide.com but free registration required->worth it) install this first. but before installing make sure you uninstall your present driver (assuming you have a backup of it).how?-> (add/remove software 'for the (unified) nvidia driver') or (if not applicable go to my computer>right clik on it>properties>hardware> device management, open display adapters, rightclick on your display adapter and uninstall it. BTW you can easily install the old driver this way too (figure out). after installing the driver rebooting is needed for it to take effect. In short; if you possibly have the same problem as 'I' you need an older but suitable driver for your vga and if you don't have geforce try other (maybe newer) drivers of your vga card ... be creative. 'I' hope this will help otherwhise have fun searching for solutions and being creative -).

D

Dev

Thanks Dirtyear

I guess this solution should work out. even i have the same prob with FIFA 2005.

G

Gahhh

Hello my problem is much worse. Not only do i have the black dot but my game is incredibly laggy and i dont understand why. I play nba 2005 just fine on the best settings and there is no lag. I have a fast computer lots of ram and a geforce 5500 what is wrong?

U

Unregistere2

Dirtyears said:
My husband had the same problem as well. Our computer card is Geforce FX 5600. After spending the whole day looking thru the net. I have found the answer, go to control panel, then display, then settings, then click on advanced, then click on your graphics card tab, click on performance and quality settings, and look for Antialiasing Settings and click on it and change the settings value to 4x on the slider bar. And hey presto the game now works like a dream. I can,t take credit dor this as I found the answer on another forum, but I thought I should share this information.

Hey i have also the same problem but i cant find the control panel where i can switch it to advanced

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is post is still popular in the stats today 18 years later. Apparently Google still has results for it after all this time. Bumping for Great Justice!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.