CTF Forest CTF

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Okay, I've played the game with a human.
Suggestion :

Fix Hotkey Conflicts!
Like Blink and Firebolt,
Shadow Strike and Shadowstep.
etc.

Improve the Flare Gun!
You only use it to guess, and to reveal invisible units.
Either improve the AOE or duration or lower the Gold Cost.

This game is very fun.
The best CTF I've ever played! :)
(well, there aren't many CTFs I've played)

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
beh, what's with the lane? right is shorter than the left.
Even so, It's good.

The trap has 350 range? then it's not very accurate... Maybe make it 125/200

Wow, the exp bonus is only once? loser will got pawned over n over again TT

Nah, does the boots really stacks? I dunt think so...

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! :D

I don't use the hotkeys too much, so I didn't realize they were conflicting, thanks for the report.

Improve the Flare Gun!
You only use it to guess, and to reveal invisible units.
Either improve the AOE or duration or lower the Gold Cost.

The intent behind the flare gun was to reveal the flag areas, so players would be able to scout the area, before charging in. That way, players can see if others are camping, and prepare themselves for it. However, it was made when the flag zones had higher cliffs, and players couldn't see without being next to the flag. So you're, right, it is due for a buff. I'm thinking about lowering the gold cost to 25 to 30, and improving the aoe slightly.

beh, what's with the lane? right is shorter than the left.

The right lane is a long stretch of land, but in the end it is shorter. However, players who follow another player through this area can see where they are going. They can also be hit by ranged units from afar.

However, the left lane is very winding, with many different ways to go. The trees block the line of sight so that players can't shoot from afar. Following someone into that area can be very hard, and so it is made longer.

Wow, the exp bonus is only once? loser will got pawned over n over again TT

The exp/gold bonus is every minute and a half (90 seconds).

Nah, does the boots really stacks? I dunt think so...

I enabled an option in the gameplay constants that lets movement speed items stack, but I found out recently that it does not work. I'll work on a system to add movement speed manually, but until then, only buy one.

The AI is becoming more and more complicated the more that I think about it, so this version might be a while. :(

Again, thanks for your feedback!

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
aaaa, then please put the one w/o AI first. This game is too interesting so I can't wait 4 the next version w/o tooltip conflicts!

Hmm... idea : why don't make the abilities are at an "unlimited" level and no level skip requirements? so a player can max out one of their ability coz it's too great (or it will be imba?)
Because some abilities only has 2 levels and it's very good so we always wanted to get that ability.

Darthfett

Reaction score
aaaa, then please put the one w/o AI first. This game is too interesting so I can't wait 4 the next version w/o tooltip conflicts!

Hmm... idea : why don't make the abilities are at an "unlimited" level and no level skip requirements? so a player can max out one of their ability coz it's too great (or it will be imba?)
Because some abilities only has 2 levels and it's very good so we always wanted to get that ability.

That's precisely why that ability only has 2 levels. I wouldn't want the Paladin healing himself to full with one ability, and just have to stack up health to make himself near invulnerable.

If I were to make it so players could get up to 15 levels of anything except the ultimate, many players would ONLY stack levels in one ability. For example, a mage would get firebolt, so he could instantly kill anyone. Now how is that fun for anyone who fights the mage?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Rofl. Yes. Agree.

So, when is the next version coming out? I wish I could host. :( I never get to play any games that I want to test (meaning maps from thehelper.net members' projects meaning one like this) online with players...

Maybe someone could host this online? :)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Go try GG Client.
http://www.gg-game.com/
It's a program that lets you play LAN 'online'
My nickname is 'darkR@e'
We can play together someday.

Anyway, what are you looking for now?
More Hero Ideas? Item Ideas? Or anything we can give? :D

Darthfett

Reaction score
Or anything we can give? :D

I'm pretty much looking for feedback and ideas. If you guys don't give me any, i'll just continue on improving the game, until people come up with cool ideas. ;)

By the way, if anyone wants to play the game, add me to their messenger or friends list on B.net.

Google: [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
B.net West: Darthfett

I have my messengers open all the time, and just change the status, so just send me a message, and if I'm not busy, I'll host the map for you. :)

I'm going to hold off on the AI, and just release the map as version 1.01 this week. I figure that a new hero pick system and a bunch of new commands is enough for a new version.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Release: v. 1.01!

Because of demand, I am releasing version 1.01 early. It does not have an AI in it. However, there are many new features I think will make the map much more fun to play.

It not only includes some new commands, but also a repick system that works well, and makes it fun for players to try out different

Here are the features in v. 1.01:

Code:
Changes in 1.01

-Weakened the Hunter's Flurry of Arrows / 30/40/50/60 damage
-Weakened the Lay Trap's damage - 15 damage per second (was 20). /
-New Hero Selection System.  Click once to see information, twice to pick.
-Commands:
    -Repick : Repick your hero, only works when your hero is level 4 or lower.
    -cam# (1-3) : sets your camera to standard view, zoomed out/more top down, and 3rd person view.
    -ms : displays the current movement speed of your hero
-Fixed hotkey conflicts
-Flare gun cost reduced to 30 (was 35), cooldown decreased to 30 (was 35), area of effect increased to 1200 (was 1100).
-Trap range decreased slightly.

New items:
    -First Artifact Item: Lightning armor: Deals 6 damage to nearby units, increases armor by 4, and reduces spell damage taken by 25%.  Costs 75 gold.  Available in Gnomish Trinket Shops near you!
    -Potion of Speed: Increases movement speed by 30% for 15 seconds.  Costs 8 gold.  Available in Goblin Strat Shops near you!

As always, thanks for your support! :)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Looking for Terrainer

If you've played this game before, you've probably seen that the terrain is lacking. Well, in v. 1.02 I've deleted all the cliffs and trees except for the bases and picking area, and laid out the paths. I'm looking for someone who can terrain this map to make it look like a real forest, while keeping it playable as a capture the flag type map, as it is now.

I have the paths already set up, land is the paths units can take, water is the area to be covered by trees, or other stuff to keep out units.

These are just rough paths, so you won't be limited too much in creativity, but try not to stray too far from them.

If you feel like adding small areas that are off to the side and accessible, it is fine.

Post here, or send me a pm if you have the time to do this. I will give full credits for all the terrain, as well as a few goodies hidden in the map with your name. :p

Darthfett

Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback on this one, what do you think about these for game modes, and what other game modes would you suggest using?

Code:
-dialog - Displays mode voting in a dialog.
-vote - Players vote for game modes they want.
-skip - finishes mode choosing time limit (host only)
--Game Options--
  -ar - All Random
  -ap - All Pick (default)
  -enrep - Enable Repick (default)
  -disrep - Disable Repick
  -#towin - # is the amount of scores needed to win.  (default is 3)
  -balance[on/off] - Enables Computers to even out teams. (Available to enable at any time). (default is on)
  -[UNNAMED] - Flags must be at the bases in order for players to capture flags. (default)
  -[UNNAMED] - Players can cap flags even if an enemy player has their flag.
--Damage Modes--
  -death - One hit kills [1% HANDICAP]
  -fragile - Flag carriers die in a few hits.
  -sturdy - Bonus health to all units
--Extra Modes--
  -extrapower - Extra Powerups
  -superpower - Enables Super Powerups
  -power - Players start at level 5, with 40 gold.  (if enabled, players can repick up until level 9).
  -speed - All units have 522 movement speed (maximum).
  -deathmatch - No revive until end of round (round ends when flag is captured, or all players on one team die).
  -reveal - Revealed map mode
  -classic - Players are invulnerable on their own sides of the map, and die in one hit on the other side.
  -noults - No ultimate abilities.
  -noabils - No abilities.
  -nopower - No powerups

I've noticed that many of the more popular games are more fun when you get to have different hosts who play with different rules. I also wanted to add in options for the two unnamed options, since many players have complained about capping the flag when theirs is not in the base, and about classic mode.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ok, I have no idea if I'm the official terrainer or not, but I've terrained the map over the past days, I have done about 1/4 from the entire map. 2 screenshots to you :3.

And if I'm not the terrainer, at least I show some work :eek:.

CTFTerrain1.jpg

CTFTerrain2.jpg

Darthfett

Reaction score
...from the entire map. 2 screenshots to you :3.

Maybe I read this wrong, but did you post multiple screenshots? I've only seen the one in the request thread. It's good to hear progress. :D

And if I'm not the terrainer, at least I show some work :eek:.

I sent all of the terrainers a PM about this, including yourself. I think I was a little overexcited when I got more than one offer to terrain. :eek:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Those are waterfalls, with a really low Z value. Look up for 2-P's tutorials, there's one about how to make rivers ;).

Darthfett

Reaction score
BIG Update!

The game isn't updated yet, but this is an update on the progress of version 2.0 (This update is so big, I'm going to bump it up an entire 1! :p)

The terrain is almost completed. There are only a few minor, cosmetic things to change, which Smith_S9 will finish when he gets back from his trip. :)

The game now starts out with a short loading sequence, followed by game modes/options.

Here's the completed stuff I have so far:

MultiKick! System (by me) has been implemented into the game, for good functionality for kicking.

Charge has been recreated, fixing a lot of the bugs. It is now the Warrior's Semi-ultimate (2 point ability). It currently does 40/80 damage, 900/1200 range, for 50/25 mana.

AdvStrings System (by me) has been implemented into the game, to make color coding text, and commands faster to put in.

Currently Finished Game Options:
-Rounds# - # indicates the number of rounds that the game will last for (any number between 1 and 8 are a valid amount of rounds.
-AP/-AR - All Pick, or All Random Mode. This only indicates how heroes are initially selected.
-RepOn/-RepOff - Repicking is enabled/disabled. If enabled, players can repick their hero up until level 5.
-Death - This was going to be a 1% handicap mode, in which players died in only a few hits. After some testing, I am not going to put this into the game, because it makes the game very imbalanced for certain heroes, as well as not very fun.

The following commands are scheduled for implemenation/testing:

-Fragile mode - Flag Carriers are extra-vulnerable to attacks.
-Power mode - Players start out with a boost in gold and experience. This makes the game quicker starting out.
-zoom # - Zooms the camera out to # distance
-lock - Locks the camera to the player's hero.

Here's a few screenshots of what is to come in version 2.0!

Loading:
options2mb4.jpg

Game Options:
optionsyn1.jpg

What I like most about the game options is going to be the flexibility of it. I'm going to try to get lots of different ways for players to choose their options, without giving the player tons of information at once. The dialog shows what has already been chosen. For example, when repicking has been disabled, the disabled text will turn red, and the enabled will turn gray.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.