Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

millz-

Reaction score
*Sigh* ... I will fix that, but there are lots of positions like that where you can abuse pathing ... Not only with natural positions, but also by blocking with other players, too. This is the greatest drawback of the threat system. The only way I can think of is reducing the bosses pathing to 0.

Maybe you can make an addition to the threat system? If a unit has a new target due to it having a higher threat, start a timer or something and if the unit hasn't started hitting the target after a few seconds, order the unit to set the nearest target as highest threat instead? This would make the "blocked" unit attack the "blocker"? I don't how your threat system actually work of course, it's just a suggestion.

Reconcile

Reaction score
Could you give us notice on any new vers coming out? thanks

Seriously? Wow.. some people are so dumb. This page and the page prior alone addresses that AND another oblivious moron (Much like yourself, as you have just proven) asking the relatively same question.

Is reading really that hard?

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe you can make an addition to the threat system? If a unit has a new target due to it having a higher threat, start a timer or something and if the unit hasn't started hitting the target after a few seconds, order the unit to set the nearest target as highest threat instead? This would make the "blocked" unit attack the "blocker"? I don't how your threat system actually work of course, it's just a suggestion.
This would work, yes, but it's very complicated. Maybe later, for now, I have other priorities.

Update: Added a Spellpower stat to the System now. I also changed embrittling acid to not reduce armor below 0 anymore. First, this was not intended, but it turned out embrittling acid was WAY too strong because of blizzard-fuckups (the damage increase for negative armor values is hardcoded and can not be nulled via gameplay constants unlike positive armor values).

Edit: I was wondering if people were interested in testing all this new stuff that we implemented until now? Shall we release another version with fixed bugs, the new added systems and stuff or do you want to wait for the content upgrade?

0buud0

Reaction score
So your calling me a moron for nothing who fucking cares if i ask a question that someone els asked it wasnt answerd!!!:nuts:

Reconcile

Reaction score
EDIT:
I finished the class-change trigger today. We are doing progress faster than expected, though the new skills will be an enormous amount of work ...
However, the models, heroes and most of the trigger work is done. However, don't expect the new version to be released within the next two weeks.

Sad that I have to quote myself from exactly one post above ... What's up with you people? -_-'

Sad that I have to re-quote a quote to prove my point, "Reading isn't that hard." You sir, now look like an even more ignorant moron. Good job!

And if you argue that, "don't expect the new version to be released within the next two weeks" is not an answer to when new content is released.. then I have nothing more to say to you cuz' it'll just be a waste of my time.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
ok .. plz calm down we just dont know exactly when we will realise the new content version, and dont expect the new version within the next two weeks is meaning that we will need a minimum amount of 2 weeks but we cant say exactly how long this will take.
We give our best

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
UPDATE

version 9-12-09 now available!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mzdyxymmdym/Gaias Retaliation ORPG v091209.w3x

does NOT contain new contain, but a lot of bugfixes and new features (Like two-handed weapons, spellpower stat, new chat commands, new hero animations).
9-12-09 IS compatible with 1-12-09's save codes.

On demand, I also uploaded a version without music.

I also made some new screenshots of the new terrain:
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5159/wc3scrnshot120909140401.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3487/wc3scrnshot120909140445.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5166/wc3scrnshot120909140609.jpg

odigirb

Reaction score
Shield Slam(squire spell) has no cooldown
The Ancient One boss spells dont work
third boss of frist dung, spells hit 700+

and sry for my english xP

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
u forget shild slan cd for squire....
2 squire x 1 boss look like tibia... but boss don't atack
I don't understand a word.

EDIT (21:00 GMT +1): Another hotfix for the Shield Slam ability. Please replace the old 09-12-09 version in your directory!

third boss of frist dung, spells hit 700+
Working as intended.

For the Ancient One ... well, I forgot to set up his spellpower. Since its not gamebreaking, I will not fix that until the next version. Enjoy the free kill :>

lmjai

Reaction score
Could you enable sharing again and find another way to fix the multi hero bug? Sometimes I have to go afk and if i just leave my hero following someone it ends up running into creeps and killing all my mates, sometimes i just get lazy to control and leave it to one of my friends. I'd say its a good thing since most RPGs have it disabled.

YakoCH

Reaction score
Hi mates

im playing this almost PERFECT rpg since a week. Today I saw that you released a new version, we tested it and found a few bugs, maybe you already know them ^^

1. the shield slam of the squire is extremly imba xD --> imba stun! combined with a net you can kill ALL you want!
2. (version 01-12-09) we entered the game and some guys lagged, while there was this lagging-window we wrote our codes to load our chars. My 32 mage was lvl 47 without any skills or items and a ranger was lvl 1 and had about 130 attack dmg! (well, it was quite funny to do D2 that fast, but in the end there is no fun).
3. well, i didnt see that, but my mates said something about the acid of thief ... there is a bug they said

hope it helped you! and i hope you release next version with new area too! my 32 mage only can level with "the ancient one" in D2 xD

CU YakoCH

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hi mates

im playing this almost PERFECT rpg since a week. Today I saw that you released a new version, we tested it and found a few bugs, maybe you already know them ^^

1. the shield slam of the squire is extremly imba xD --> imba stun! combined with a net you can kill ALL you want!
Please get the hotfixed version. I already uploaded a fixed version, though it has the same name. Don't spread this non-fixed version on the bnet please.

2. (version 01-12-09) we entered the game and some guys lagged, while there was this lagging-window we wrote our codes to load our chars. My 32 mage was lvl 47 without any skills or items and a ranger was lvl 1 and had about 130 attack dmg! (well, it was quite funny to do D2 that fast, but in the end there is no fun).
This is fixed in 09-12-09.

3. well, i didnt see that, but my mates said something about the acid of thief ... there is a bug they said
This doesnt help at all. Where is the bug? Embrittling Acid does not reduce Armor below zero anymore. This is working as intended.

Jming

Reaction score
I don't understand a word.

For the Ancient One ... well, I forgot to set up his spellpower. Since its not gamebreaking, I will not fix that until the next version. Enjoy the free kill :>

Yea, even the spellpower of creeps and bosses at level 1 dungeon is not applicable. Basically the last boss of dungeon 1 deals peanuts damage. However , the spellpower is back to life when we re-visited the dungeon after the reset.

I have a question for you : what is the armor penetration for? It is found in 2-handed swords.

fazik

Reaction score
There is a bug at loading. When you type a not valid code it still counts as a successful one (despite the message :) ). So 2 wrong codes and you don't have a loaded char at all.
BTW the 2 times limit sucks ... i would remove it. It doesn't do anything good.

unifreshman

Reaction score
BUG :

reinforced buckler doesnt add 2 arm in acturl

Reaction score
New itens

Hmm,sorry for my English,I'm Brazillian and i suggest(correct?)itens with skills cause Reduced Cast Time of the skills,example:Fireball 3 seconds cast time - 2.65 seconds cast time,example:Nature Staff DMG : Int : Life : R.Cast : 5%,6%... stacks with others itens Reduceds Cast Time

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
There is a bug at loading. When you type a not valid code it still counts as a successful one (despite the message :) ). So 2 wrong codes and you don't have a loaded char at all.
BTW the 2 times limit sucks ... i would remove it. It doesn't do anything good.
Thanks for reporting that. I totally missed that one.

Yea, even the spellpower of creeps and bosses at level 1 dungeon is not applicable. Basically the last boss of dungeon 1 deals peanuts damage. However , the spellpower is back to life when we re-visited the dungeon after the reset.
This is weird. For some mobs, it works fine, but for others it doesn't.
Looks like we reached the operation count for that initial calculation function. Gonna split that up in multiple threads now.

I have a question for you : what is the armor penetration for? It is found in 2-handed swords.
It basicly reduces enemie's armor for your attacks. However, it can not drop the armor below zero. Theres armor penetration in Str too.

lmjai

Reaction score
Hey can you upload the upcoming versions to epicwar and put the link in this forum? Lots of people start QQing about viruses and sh*ts like that when i give them a mediafire link to dl the map.

Epicwar = Smaller link also ¬¬

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.