Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
As usual, the quality of the terrain is unmatched. Love the use of stones in the center piece of the city. And, is that a olive/grape vine yard I see? :O

Suggestion : Color code the circles for entering buildings? It seems the town is rather, large, and easy to get lost in. Just simple red for equipment, blue for quests, white for misc. or something along those lines. :)

Ayonne

Reaction score
New terrain looks amazing. Five stars and good job. Looking forward for the new update.

I have a little sugestion for dungeon content. I think some special attacks on bosses could be made to direct the ground rather than the player. (catapult and canon tower got that type of attack). So the attacks would deal high dmg on full impact but are possible to be dodged completely. I think this would add some additional variety to the challanging content of the game. A good example for this kind of playstyle is the "Hunter's Guild" ORPG.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The new bosses will require movement and special tactics, yes.
Also, some bosses might be uninteruptable.

WindAngel

Reaction score
I actually think that not ALL quests that are non-boss related should be soloable, however I think it should at least be soloable from level 1-20. Later from 20-40, ALL classes should be able to take on a boar... I am a str/agi thief, and its impossible for me to win a 1 v 1 fight with a boar... Another problem is the Tking thing. Warriors are really really annoying. They whack you for the same amount as you whack them, but they have another extra 200 hp. Make the whack only when there is boss like the last bandit boss where if someone is frozen you just whack them, but don't make TK on, because a lot of games end because of TKing.

Now back to the thing I was talking about at first. Well from level 20-40, there shouldnt be just cramming in kills soloing. I believe, that it should be more duo-ish, but possible to solo, however insanely hard. By having lower levels give exp to higher levels would help, for EG: making the amount of exp per level higher, while then level 50s should be able to kill wolves and gain about 0.0000000001% of their exp bar full. While things like boars give like 0.000001% of the bar. The part about this plan that I like best is that, the mobs are not everywhere. They are always in groups of 2-3s, and so its really hard to mass kill wolves just for levels.

Another thing I would like to bring up. The spawns, there should be a place, where there are a LOT of spawns. However, the fact is they are all level 50. Therefore, you can't solo it, and even with a healer, tank, and a thief (just for the cleave), you still need more, so it would be a major team effort to kill off those creeps. (however I think that a share exp thing should be on for this, as 5 kills would be a mass group level up if their level 40s).

Oh and Zwiebelchen, I really think you overdid yourself there. The terrains are amazing, and I cannot wait (literally with another 50 people here on garena) for the update to come. ^^ Keep up the good work Zwiebel, and I hope to see this RPG become #1 =)

@Ayonne: Hunters Guild ORPG is good, however ofc needs a LOT of buffing up to make it look good, I also disagree with you. There should not be a physical dodge system on GR, but there should be a partial dodge. That means that when for EG: a bandit's spear is flying at you, you can move a bit to the left or right, and reduce the damage that is dealt.

PS:none of my comments are meant to be insulting if you find it even slightly insulting, I apologize.

caderz

Reaction score
Review + Volunteering

My brother, sister and myself have been playing this map for a few days now and we love it!

We find that it has a nice balance in terms of difficulty as well as the character classes. We absolutely love the terrain and buildings that have been incorporated into the map.

We don't have an issue with the aggro system since with only 3 people, it's not that difficult to manage aggro.

We did spot some typos here and there e.g. the past tense of 'flee' is 'fled', not 'fleed' (from Jonathan "the Axe"'s quest description).

I don't mind helping out with the proof-reading or language aspect of the map, just let me know how :)

Great work guys, we're looking forward to the advanced classes and more content!

fazik

Reaction score
Bug:
When you ensnare certain enemies with rangers net they forget how to cast their spells until stunned (ex pesky healers from dung2).

Things that could potentially be changed:

Dispel - only two enemies (bosses) use Crippling Curse which is the ONLY spell that is effected by dispel in this game. Useless :p
Could change it so that it will dispel bad spell effects from players but when cast on enemies would dispel their good buffs (ex divine shield).

Fire Shield. Nobody uses it ...
Could be changed to one of those:
1) leave it as it is but make it a defensive spell - it would discourage (btw its not "decourage" - barbed arrow's description) enemies from attacking targeted unit. Nobody wants to hit a living fireball ... unless you are a lava spawn ;)
2) make it spamable - shorter time between casts (like 5-8 sec)
3) increase the dmg X3 :p.

Waiting for the update. Patiently ;).
I hope the knuckledusters will be worth it, because as I see it Monk will be a lower armour (due to magic user items type) lower damaging (no offensive skills), no healing, type of squire ... We will see ;).

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Bug:
When you ensnare certain enemies with rangers net they forget how to cast their spells until stunned (ex pesky healers from dung2).
This will be fixed with the remastered threat system I am going to implement soon.

Dispel - only two enemies (bosses) use Crippling Curse which is the ONLY spell that is effected by dispel in this game. Useless :p
It might be useless at the moment, but it definitely gets stronger later in the game, when more debuffs come into play.
Besides, it also dispels Flame Arrow.

Fire Shield. Nobody uses it ...
I think Fire Shield is pretty strong, when used on a tank. Don't forget that the total damage dealt increases when there are more units attacking the target or with faster attacks. Also, it generates threat for the tank (very useful for aoe-tanking) and is not affected by armor. As a long duration buff, the damage per mana ratio is insane.

WindAngel

Reaction score
=) Cannot wait! Fireshield is a little bit suckish, but i guess it can be useful, but I was thinking maybe it could increase armor or such.

WindAngel

Reaction score
"Stfu, retarded maphacker. Please die somewhere."

First of all, no not mh, and 2nd of all im not host, and it was set in garena. Now im pretty sure all of you know, game advanced settings have full vision, therefore, its pretty easy just to set the full vision for some games, such as these. Ofc, every player can see it, and thats my explaination.

@"No a hacker - just a wrong code that loaded this instead of a normal char (i had similar (better ) characters with bugged codes in previous versions).
A "hacker" would add much more hp and dmg, not random numbers"

Yes its a hacker, he actually asked us whether he should host the hacked map for us or not. He just wanted the agi for the a-speed. He was just "training a friend"

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Do hackers matter? It's terribly easy to hack this map, even I could do it, so why rant on? They don't get to enjoy playing it, and neither can he prevent them from hacking as long as he doesn't change how his units work, how his money works, how his whole map works. So don't whine about hackers, unless you have an idea to prevent them

WindAngel

Reaction score
Do hackers matter? It's terribly easy to hack this map, even I could do it, so why rant on? They don't get to enjoy playing it, and neither can he prevent them from hacking as long as he doesn't change how his units work, how his money works, how his whole map works. So don't whine about hackers, unless you have an idea to prevent them

wasnt ranting. just posted a pic up, and it would stay the same if they didnt accuse me of mhing

Another point i just remembered in my defense: with a maphack on, you'd be able to see the command thing on the hero. I know this because someone i knew named green_day_dance (you might know him as the creator of the shitty rpg teve) used to use a maphack when i played dota with him.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
To shorten the wait for the new version, a preview on the new loading screen and logo, made by Tieon:

I also improved the Threat system of Gaias Retaliation for the next version. It should be a lot faster and have less bugs.

attachment.php

Ayonne

Reaction score
The new loading screen looks fantastic. Very well done =)
ps. thanks for updating us on the progress

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
The loading screen is done VERY well! :) It still kept the nature theme from the previous loading screen. Very, Eye catching.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hah! I found a way to get rid of all that bugs along with ensnaring units (they now only attack randomly, when they really can not reach the target and will still cast spells) and blocking the path to the current target (if the way is blocked by other units, the mob will now attack the closest units).

Byebye exploiting! :>

Ayonne

Reaction score
Hah! I found a way to get rid of all that bugs along with ensnaring units (they now only attack randomly, when they really can not reach the target and will still cast spells) and blocking the path to the current target (if the way is blocked by other units, the mob will now attack the closest units).

Byebye exploiting! :>

Awesome! hehe =) Really looking forward to the new release

WindAngel

Reaction score
Love it =). Well I guess we can be expecting it by at (hopefully) longest, at the end of next next week. =) Let the epicness begin soon =)

lmjai

Reaction score
Hmm, I already got bored of waiting and started playing an MMO, am lvl 40 already. Just passing by and this sounds funny when i think about it so here's my story xD

VanDikov

Reaction score
Hey, I really love this game but I can't seem to find anybody to play with!?

What gateway/Garena RPG room/place do you guys play in? Kalimdor? Azeroth? Lordaeron!?

Please somebody help me start a new ranger?!

Joccaren

Reaction score
B.net US East when I can. But currently I'm having a few connection problems so it may take a while.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.