RPG Gaias Retaliation ORPG

CaptDeath

Reaction score
Update!(sorta cause Zwiebelchen is lazy(no offense)(i was talking to him on AIM and this is were hes at now)
he has finished the Cleric class and has worked the bugs out
now hes begging work on the Mage Class

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
UPDATE

I beg to differ. (wanted to say that. :D)

ToJ, one of thehelper's own owns! :) As do a few out there... and that's what most (O)RPG-makers say in the creation of their map.

But as said before, the terrain looks nice. :thup:

I have one problem: why would a Thief lead to a choice of a Bard? A bard is like a poet, musician, traveling song writer and singer. :confused:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~
Surely, there ARE rpgs that are quite good. However, they always have some flaws that renders them "not perfect" in my eyes. Either they are unnecesary complicated to play them on Battlenet (Dark Invasion II anyone?) or they tend to get too easy/imbalanced at the end (Say hello to those one-hitting agi stat heroes).
Also, I never encountered an RPG that made tanking and cleric classes fun to play.

There are some things of how I want to make tanking/healing interesting in this game:
- The Threat System requires skill from the tank ... You will need more than just clicking on taunt every ten seconds.
- Tanks have some cool damage spells too and aren't as passive as in most other rpgs (Squire for example has a nice rage ability)
- Clerics will also have damage spells, DoTs, etc.; Archbishops are able to summon skeletons, Monks are able to deal spell enhanced melee damage.

@ Bard issue:
Well, in most resources, bards are confidence tricksters that pick the pockets of their audience in the right moment. ... Hm, but I see your point. However, I had to categorize the bard and that was the best way to do it.
Don't think of the secondary classes as real "evolves" ... it's more like a new apprenticeship.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Dark Invasion II anyone?

It took me roughly half an hours before I got a hang of the systems, after that it was a pure pleasure RPG map, though in the end it was tedious because of the low amount of items and long grinding sessions. But It is still WIP so I think in the end it could turn out beautyful.

And btw: Better safe than sorry. I can reduce the map size if I ever get problems with it.

My thoughts are the reverse, start small and expand, but that's all up to you.

The Threat System requires skill from the tank

Will you use threat as in damage = threat, some have increased, some have decreased? (Basically world of warcraft)

//==GooS

CaptDeath

Reaction score
hes using a system by TEC_ghosts(i checked in the msg log) for the aggro and atm hes waiting for a aggro bug when you die to be fixed

but other than that i dont know anything

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
It took me roughly half an hours before I got a hang of the systems, after that it was a pure pleasure RPG map, though in the end it was tedious because of the low amount of items and long grinding sessions. But It is still WIP so I think in the end it could turn out beautyful.
Hm, I never understood why you can not right-click on an enemy to autoattack whenever the white bar is full. And that's just one thing. The map is full of things that are just ... unnecesary.
However, this is not a thread to discuss DI2, so please come back to the topic:
My thoughts are the reverse, start small and expand, but that's all up to you.
Hm, makes almost no difference. You won't notice any increase of loading time on unbuilt areas.

Will you use threat as in damage = threat, some have increased, some have decreased? (Basically world of warcraft)

//==GooS
As Capt said:
I'm using TEC_Ghosts system. I know it's not perfect, but it works (finally ... I had to test and report bugs to him over and over again).
I also made some adjustments to it. Basicly now I have an almost 100% Copy of the aggro system of World of Warcraft.

- You get aggro equal to the damage you deal.
- Heals do aggro to all units, that have the target on their aggro list, the amount is divided by the number of that units; Also, heals do only half the aggro of the amount healed.
- There are several skills that have impact on the aggro system, such as taunt, defence stance, etc. ... of course, damage dealers will have aggro reduction skills.

Vamp1re

Reaction score
One question, are u going to use default wc3 inventory system?

P.S: Terrain is nice :) Good luck.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
One question, are u going to use default wc3 inventory system?
Yes. I want the game to be as "warcrafty" and intuitive as possible.

I think the default inventory is more than suited for a warcraft III rpg. You can carry up to 5 equipment items and still got one consumable slot (stackable potions).

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Update:

- I am still looking for a skilled triggerer that has knowledge of vJass, who can create some minor systems for me, so I can concentrate on producing content and completing the heroes.

The current "nice to have assistance here"-tasks are:
- Item system (this shouldn't be that much of a problem)
- Quest design
- Creep Respawn

Also, I am looking for someone, who can create (and alter!) some nice icons, skins and models for me.

sabrio

Reaction score
I don't think that your map will be playable.:(
1)480x480 is too big
2)Born2Modificate's models take too much space
It's impossible

sabrio

Reaction score
1)480x480 is too big
It's impossible

sabrio

Reaction score
1)480x480 is too big
It's impossible

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
480x480 is still playable. Born2Modificate models aren't so big, its just that there are so many of them. And he won't use all the models. That would be like 100mb extra on the map so he will use only some. There already was a map using the RTC with born2modificate models but the project team didn't have the time to finish it. It still is possible to make the map though.

Don't double post.

sabrio

Reaction score
sorry for "triple post" I think that i don't clicked on submit reply then I clicked another time.Do you think that a map that contain ALL models of born2modificate is still playable?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
1)480x480 is too big
This is just wrong. Just trash your outdated computer, if this is a problem. You can get one on ebay that can run 480x480 maps for 30 dollars.
It's impossible
This is wrong too. First, I don't use all of his models. I picked out some few that have the most impact on the map; like the tree and house models. And also I'm not using the highres versions of his textures. Im using the reduced filesize versions. I already implemented loads of his models that I'm gonna use (all fortress models, all houses and one or two of each tree) and im still below 1,6 megabyte. It's absolutely not required to use the highress textures. The models still look good even with the lowress ones, as you can see on the screenshots.

After all, the map is meant to be played on Bnet, so it cant be bigger than 4 mb. No worries about that.

EDIT:
Update!

- Magician base class completed

Now I can finally concentrate on creating all the mobs and npcs of the starting area.
I expect to have a release of a playable alpha build next week.

EDIT2:
Another Update!

- Creep Respawn System completed
- Creeps placed on the starting island

Now the only thing left are the items, the quests and the two remaining base classes.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Added an evasion system (sets health and mana of creeps returning to their camp spot to 100% ... creeps always run back together, so you shouldn't be able to pull them out one by one.) and a rest ability now (Can not be used while in combat and regenerates a percentage of mana and health of your hero every second).

The map is finally playable now, though the bosses don't have abilities yet.

But i'm optimistic that I can finish this together with the items and the first dungeon until the end of next week. Stay tuned for the ultimate alpha build of my map :>

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
A little bit of patience please, I'm almost done.

EDIT: Great news to everyone who is awaiting this map:
I merged the project with some other guy who was doing a rpg. He is completely remastering the terrain of the starting island by now and it looks amazing. Also, he is pretty skilled with pillar/doodad art. Expect your warcraft III meeting oblivion ... :D

Vylatin

Reaction score
Sounds great! But I must say it isn't very necesary. Your terrain is lovely... was lovely...

Keep up the good work. I'm rly looking forward to see your ORPG! ;)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Another Update!

--> Bosses and units now all cast spells; most of the bosses play with the aggro list, using special attacks on the second in aggro or cast CC spells, etc.
All enemy spells with cast time have a unique red colored casting bar and can be interupted with stuns and counters.

--> Turned off auto engage for all casters

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.