RPG Gaias Retaliation ORPG

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
More screenshots added. The bandit hideout on the coast will be the first instance.

EDIT: I want to point out that I am still looking for a skilled Spell-Designer with knowledge of JASS.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
The terrain looks amazing, I find that impressive. However, I'm not sure if 480x480 is the right size. You probably want to start smaller, then work your way up. Most RPGs, as you know, are 256x256, and that can be large enough, 480x480 is MASSIVE. However, with that much space I suggest you also add in minigames like mini-TD's or something to that effect in case you wanted a break from all the non-stop hero combat.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
The terrain looks amazing, I find that impressive. However, I'm not sure if 480x480 is the right size. You probably want to start smaller, then work your way up. Most RPGs, as you know, are 256x256, and that can be large enough, 480x480 is MASSIVE. However, with that much space I suggest you also add in minigames like mini-TD's or something to that effect in case you wanted a break from all the non-stop hero combat.
Well, 480x480 is perfect, I think. Basicly, I try to make the terrain very open and natural, which means you will have broad streets and lots of place to move. No genre-typical collision-size blocking here.

Also, I use natural looking size modifiers on doodads. As you can see on the pictures with the 3 heroes in front of the cenarion statue, the trees are ALOT bigger than the units. Same goes for houses, etc.

Also, I need a lot of space for the instances. I plan using up one third of the map for instance interiors.

All in all; the map will not be a big as you might think; besides, it's always better to start with a bigger map size, because its hard to change the size later in the designing process.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
btw what will your orpgs name be?
Gaias Retaliation ... The basic theme of the RPG is the goddess of nature going berserk and trying to annihilate mankind :D
The world is almost completely covered by forests, emmiting poisonous spores that kill any human it comes into contact with. Only one country, protected by a giant river from further spreading of the deadly forests is remaining and seeks for a solution to calm down the wrath of Gaia.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
I like your terrain , it looks cool but are you sure with all that amount of doodads on such a small area , it wouldn't laggg to death when u have done your whole map?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I like your terrain , it looks cool but are you sure with all that amount of doodads on such a small area , it wouldn't laggg to death when u have done your whole map?
Are we looking at the same screenshots? I used far less doodads than most other rpgs out there.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well so far it sounds like an ordinary RPG. Here are some sugjestions for ya:

First of all, screenshot look INSANE. Godd terreain.

Second, the key to maiking an rpg is putting a lot of SECRETS IN IT. ANything, artifacts, potions, quests, NPC's, dungeons, what ever! Make the players search the world!

Third, try to make a good battle system. I am going to give you the key to maiking a Classick RPG, the ones that people eat like fresh cake: Items. Yes, my friend, items. THe rpg's aren't about goso abilities. No, they are for having good abilities and empowering your hero with ITEMS. Make the items have good abilities for example a shield that gives +10 to str +5 to agility and inteligence, 30% to block 40dmg and the block ability(active) you get +5 armor for 10 seconds but your atack speed is reduced by 20%. You, see with items the player can customize his hero, so try to make them good, origan and fun. Good luck!

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Secrets make the game fun for a long time. People are still finding secrets in Zelda Ocarina of TIme. This game was made in 1999. Best game ever, it even won best game of the year in The Guiness Book of Game Records 2008.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Hm, I will think about your suggestions. Secrets are nice, yes, I will implement some, promised :D

About the items: I guess I will try to balance them. The power of endgame heroes should come 35% from abilities and stats and 65% from items.
There won't be overkill items, however. I don't want to fuck up the balancing.
Even with the absolute highend gear it shouldn't be possible to solo the endlevel dungeons.

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hm, I will think about your suggestions. Secrets are nice, yes, I will implement some, promised :D

About the items: I guess I will try to balance them. The power of endgame heroes should come 35% from abilities and stats and 65% from items.
There won't be overkill items, however. I don't want to fuck up the balancing.
Even with the absolute highend gear it shouldn't be possible to solo the endlevel dungeons.
dam cant play this rpg then plz tell me why do you want to always have people to play with

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Its funner? You could make a mode that lets you play single player making creeps weaker and all.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
no no single player cause its just a hassel to prevent single player mode as opposed to one player so yes its best for at least 2

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but there definitly won't be a single player mode. However, I won't put in a protection against playing it alone, so you can at least try it.
You should be able to outlevel almost anything in the game after a time. Except for the dungeons. Dungeons are for multiplayer only - and I don't see why this should be a problem.

Reflexar

Reaction score
Can you please tell me where you found them tree models and building models ( Unless u made them urself)

I really love them :D

Terrain looks good!

Reflexar

Reaction score
Ohh. Are they big??

ehm that pack takes too much time for me to download lol
with my wooden internet:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.