[General] Saggy Pants Bans May Not Be Lawful

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
ST. LOUIS (AP) - Call her old-fashioned, but Mary Gray doesn't want too much access to other people's underwear. "I'm from the old school," Gray said of the saggy pants ban she helped enact last month in Pine Lawn, Mo. "You got to leave something for the imagination."

Besides, the 67-year-old alderwoman said, "I'm tired of looking at people's behinds. It just doesn't look nice."

Pine Lawn, a mostly black municipality outside St. Louis, is among a growing number of U.S. cities enacting laws that ban low-slung pants.

Critics say the bans amount to government attacks on youthful fashion that some find offensive. And constitutional scholars say they may not be lawful.

Read the news here.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
I can understand that. I HATE Sagging pants. It makes people look like idiots, makes them run slower, and shows their butts to other people.
At the same time, it is not a major issue and seems a bit like you're telling people they can't dosomething that has not killed anyone (yet). What I'm saying is that despite how awful it looks, it shouldn't be banned.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It could be considered as innapropriate. Since showing your ass is... well innapropiate and disturbing.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Eww, legal precedent for regulating clothing that people can wear outside of a governmentally run facility. Shall we set restrictions on tattoos too? Or perhaps on those awful hats, no one wants anyone else wearing them inside, so why not outside too? Or maybe we should just outlaw clothes, so no one can conceal a weapon unless they jam it someplace where it wont be a threat.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
its to protect people but you think the government has to stop some point...
I don't even wear saggy pants but if there showing your ass then you should pull them up, common sense.

BTW on the hats you can't wear a hat while riding a elephant to Canada... they won't allow it
you can only wear helmets

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
You also can't fish while driving over a bridge in florida.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Yay for government!

Honestly I hate the 'gangsters' who wear their pants like they are about to fall off. It's even worse when they are wearing a belt with it.

And on the hats...
'Son you either turn your hat around to the front or I turn your head around to the side'

UnknowVector

Reaction score
I rather like sweat pants myself, though I also wear khakis, neither of those require a belt since the khakis aren't the super baggy type (they aren't the skin hugging type either o.o), so I never have any saggy pants... and frankly, I think it looks ridiculous to walk around like that, but its the wearers business, and they aren't especially worse than a spedo (I don't wear that either)... folkways are not laws, some morales perhaps, but not folkways.

It seems I've run into an issue that annoys me. -.-

EDIT: s/morales/mores; similar, but not the same.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I don't like saggy pants, but banning clothing in the States shouldn't be done. One thing will come to another, and then they'd be banning free speak and sending me to death role for doing so. :)

esb

Reaction score
It's not banning clothing. You can wear pants all you want. What they are banning is wearing your pants so low, that other people can see half (or more) of your ass.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's not banning clothing. You can wear pants all you want. What they are banning is wearing your pants so low, that other people can see half (or more) of your ass.

Not really, you're wearing boxers underneath.

esb

Reaction score
You'd be amazed O_O

But either way, you don't want to see that either. It also makes society look bad as a whole.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>It also makes society look bad as a whole.

All the more reason to let it be, why would you wanna give others(aliens?) a wrong impression? :p

esb

Reaction score
Because it's not all of society that "sag" or are "Gangsters", just a group (ok so maybe it is big) but not EVERYONE. People tend to judge a whole society, race, religion, etc. based on one person, or a group.

Reaction score
Most people wear saggy pants as a form of rebellion, they are hardly going to stop because the law tells them to.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Wait, theres a hat ban?
That is truly ridiculous.

UnknowVector

Reaction score
No, no... just a saggy pants ban. Sorry for the misconception kc102. :D

Prometheus

Reaction score
I admit I don't like sagging but really, we shouldn't be able to ban it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.