Giving a Dummy orders

Flamesword

Reaction score
I'm trying to make an ability that poisons targets within a radius of a unit. I used "Fan of Knives" as a base, and am trying to use a dummy unit to do the poison damage. I added "Envenomed Spears" to the dummy unit, and tried using this trigger to make him attack the targets, thereby adding the poison buff.

Events
---Unit - Eco Knight begins casting an ability
Conditions
---(Ability being cast) Equal to Nature's Wrath
Actions
---Pick every unit in (Units within 400 of (Position of Eco Knight)) and do (Actions)
- -Loop - Actions
- -If - ((Picked Unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 7)
- -Then - Order Eco Knight Dummy to Attack Once (Picked Unit)
- -Else - Do nothing
---Order Eco Knight Dummy to Follow Eco Knight

Naturally, I want the Dummy to follow the Eco Knight so that he will be present whenever "Nature's Wrath" is cast. He already has an order to follow him as the map initializes, so I want to give him that order again once this trigger finishes. No matter how it looks here, that follow order is not part of the looped actions. However, giving him another order at the end of this trigger ultimately negates all of the attack orders. Can anyone think of a way around this?

On a side note, I've noticed there is some way to add little windows to these messages that can properly display trigger text. Can anyone tell me how to do that too?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
Just edit or post in your old thread, don't post a new one. I answered your questions here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=93303

It's easiest just to create new dummies when the spell is cast, rather than having a dummy around all the time that you need to constantly be triggering. As long as you get rid of these dummies, it won't slow your map down.

Flamesword

Reaction score
Sorry to make you repeat yourself. It seemed like my post had fallen to the point of no reply, so I tried again. Thank you for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.