Healing units at full health

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
I am making this ability named Warp.
When a hero uses warp the hero teleports to a target.
If the target is an ally the ally is healed for an amount.
If the target is an enemy the enemy is damaged for an amount.

So the base ability must be an ability that can be targeted on an enemy and an ally.

These abilities are either death coil or holy light.
I picked death coil and set the unit classification of that team to all undead.

Everything works fine except for 1 problem; if an ally is at full health the hero can't cast warp because the unit is at full health.

I want the hero to warp to a target even if the target is full health, how do i do that?

i already tried the following:
-doing it with the other types of abilities
-puting the heal/damage to 0 and doing the healing/damaging with triggers.
-Trying to change that i can heal units at full health at the gameplay constants

That didn't work, is there a way that i can heal units when they are at full health or is there another way of solving this problem?

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
How can i know wich unit the hero targeted if the hero cant cast the ability?
When i try to target someone i instantly get the error: Unit has full health.

I can't detect wich unit he is going to target.

TomTTT

Reaction score
How can i know wich unit the hero targeted if the hero cant cast the ability?
When i try to target someone i instantly get the error: Unit has full health.

I can't detect wich unit he is going to target.

Base the ability on Channel, disable all effects, change the icon and description, set at the options to "Visible" and trigger the ability, by using Bolean, if the targeted unit (You can set channel's target, instant, unit, or point and unit) is an ally, heal it, if it's an enemy, damage it.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
Base the ability on Channel, disable all effects, change the icon and description, set at the options to "Visible" and trigger the ability, by using Bolean, if the targeted unit (You can set channel's target, instant, unit, or point and unit) is an ally, heal it, if it's an enemy, damage it.

Thanks! I didn't know there was another ability that could be cast on an ally and an enemy!

I'll test your idea right now.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't know there was another ability that could be cast on an ally and an enemy!

I'll test your idea right now.

But if you are going to use this, it's kinda comfusing. Suggested you'll just delete all the special effects, and in the Options, as i said before you must check the option "Visible" or else it just won't show up on your UI. Trigger all effects, cause apprently Blizzard made this ability for triggers.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it works or not.
Currently i can't use it on allies that are still at full hp,
but i see that there are mutliple options, not just visible
There are also there:
Targeting image
physical spell
Universal spell
unique cast
I think the UI now thinks its a heal, what box do i have to check to make the UI
think its a buff or something similar that i can use on my allies regardless of health?

TomTTT

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it works or not.
Currently i can't use it on allies that are still at full hp,
but i see that there are mutliple options, not just visible
There are also there:
Targeting image
physical spell
Universal spell
unique cast
I think the UI now thinks its a heal, what box do i have to check to make the UI
think its a buff or something similar that i can use on my allies regardless of health?
If you want it to be a buff I suggest to use another skill, maybe Anti-Magic Shell and change the buff name, because abilities that don't have on it's base a buff, won't show the buff. You might just want a tutorial on the ability.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Don't set allies or enemies in the Targets Allowed field, that way the Channel spell can be cast on allies and enemies. Then detect if "Target unit of ability being cast" belongs to an ally or enemy.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Any ability can be used to target ally/enemy, it's just set in the targets allowed. And like what Kaerf said, after making an ability that can target any unit, just check if the unit is an ally or enemy, and then do whatever you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.