Help with a spell

Malkoth

Reaction score
Hey guys :)
Okay so, i made a spell based of storm bolt, single damage and ministun. Now, what i would like is, if targeted unit of ability being cast is killed by that ability, casting unit gets another ability starting at level 1. Each other time, if unit is killed by custom storm bolt ability, level of new ability added to hero is increased by 1, at maximum of 10 levels. Now, the problem is, i have no idea how to make trigger detect if unit is killed by specific ability (custom storm bolt), and so, i cant add new abbility and increase its levels. Could you help me with this by writting triggers or telling me what should i do? Thanks in advance, guys. :)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could just check if the unit was alive after it was killed.

Malkoth

Reaction score
Hmm...it's not working for some reason, or i just made some stupid mistake in trigger or smth... :(

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
Do you even know what that is?...

It's an event system, not a condition system.

If the spell uses the event "Starts the effect of an ability" how would you fit that in?

A second trigger that says "Unit takes damage"? How would they know if it was that particular spell?

It's not something easily done if you don't know how to make it easily.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Do you even know what that is?...

It's an event system, not a condition system.

If the spell uses the event "Starts the effect of an ability" how would you fit that in?

A second trigger that says "Unit takes damage"? How would they know if it was that particular spell?

It's not something easily done if you don't know how to make it easily.
The damage detection system will allow you to detect the event created the exact the moment the projectile hits the target. By using a projectile which leaves a unique buff you can detect if its the ability causing the damage and not any other type of damage.

For instance:
Trigger:
  • Stormbolt Trigger
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Custom Stormbolt Equal to True
      • Level of Custom Stormbolt for GDD_DamageSource Greater than 0
      • Life of GDD_DamagedUnit Less than or equal to GDD_Damage
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Level of Added Ability for GDD_DamageSource Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Added Ability for GDD_DamageSource to (Level of Added Ability for GDD_DamageSource + 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add Added Ability to GDD_DamageSource

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.