Hero Help: Flame of Andure

Undead Me

Reaction score
I'm redoing one of my hero ideas from the top. By the way, this is an RTS type game which focuses on preserving units.

Anyway, here's what I have on this hero so far:

Name: Flame of Andure
Model: Fire Lord (Blue Fire Lord?)
Flavor Text: The race of Muspelli has nearly perished from the earth, but their candle burns faintly on in the hearts and bodies of a few mighty warriors. As fiery in spirit as in spell, and as unquenchable with danger as with water; the Fires of the West burn on.
General Stats: Strength based, but reasonably good Agility and Intelligence
Aesthetic Theme: Fiery Spells with a focus on damage
Strategic Theme: A frontline fighter with limited mana. This hero fights by running up to the front, uses it's high HP to take hits while it pours out a sea of fiery damage, then runs back to hide while the enemy is mopped up.

Current Abilities: Well, I'm deleting all the one's I have. This is what I need your help for. I need creative, interesting, GUI based spell ideas. I can come up with my own eventually, but I'd really like your suggestions. Remember: the spells should be short ranged, involve fire, most should do damage, and they should be innovative and interesting, while not being impossible to make.
Here are the current suggestions I am going to try: Conflagration

Here's a preemptive thanks for all your help guys!

nabbig2

Reaction score
How about an ability called Burning Desire-whenever a nearby unit dies, Andure regains some Hit Points.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
The hero sacrifices some of his hit points to deal extra damage temporarily. While this is activated, the hero will take 20% more damage....

The hero hones deep into his soul, and shoots out a constant barrage of fireballs... (credits to Vexorian, he has already made this spell on the hive, in the CS15.3 map)

Undead Me

Reaction score
@nabbig2 remember that this map concentrates on preserving units. There might not be many dead enemies. However, if there was a sort of vampiric aura for spell damage, that is if he gained back life based on how much damage his spells did, I think that would be a great idea. Ty for pointing out that HP recovery will be a big thing with this guy. Now how do I trigger such a thing?

@jig7c I like the second idea. But what do you mean by "shoots out a constant barrage of fireballs"? What exactly should the spell do?

nabbig2

Reaction score
@nabbig2 remember that this map concentrates on preserving units. There might not be many dead enemies. However, if there was a sort of vampiric aura for spell damage, that is if he gained back life based on how much damage his spells did, I think that would be a great idea. Ty for pointing out that HP recovery will be a big thing with this guy. Now how do I trigger such a thing?

@jig7c I like the second idea. But what do you mean by "shoots out a constant barrage of fireballs"? What exactly should the spell do?

You set the Hit Points of the Unit to the (Hit Points of the Unit)+5 for example
Sorry I don't have WE out right now.

Undead Me

Reaction score
But how do I keep track of the damage dealt with spells and convert that into healing? It's the damage tracking I really don't get.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Oh, for that you need a damage detection system. I don't know much about those.

I just know how to heal if a unit gets killed.

Undead Me

Reaction score
If anyone knows how to work a passive that heals based on the spell damage you do I'd love to know!

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
How about a spell that lights one unit on fire, if that unit dies while on fire it explodes and all enemy units around him will ignite, and so on and so forth?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.