How can i do this?

hugahug

Reaction score
:confused:How can i make a trigger like this

when a unit enters a cricle and if he stays there for 5 sec he captures the nearby towers and for each 10 sec he controll the tower he get 1 pont

D

DJ_Kalide

here is what you would do to get control of the tower:
Code:
Unit Stays 5 to get tower
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters [b]RegionName[/b]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 5.00 seconds
        Unit - Change ownership of [b]TowerUnit[/b] to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color <-- one of these per tower
        Trigger - Turn on Ten Secs go by <gen>

2nd trigger(initially off):
Code:
Ten Secs go by
    Events
        Time - Every 10.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) <-- ONE If/Then/Else Multi Function per player
            If - Conditions
                (Owner of [b]TowerUnit[/b]) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
            Then - Actions
                Set Red_Score = (Red_Score + 1)
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing

there are alternatives to this, but this was the first way i thought of.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
That won't work since he doesn't need tp stand in there for 5 seconds, only enter it and 5 seconds after he would get control of it.

D

DJ_Kalide

it will if he wants it like that =p and if he doesnt, he can make another trigger and use a 5 second wait event.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
He asked for us to help him get a trigger right and you just give him a incorrect trigger and he might not even know how to change that!
BTW, is it a specific unit that will do this? like if it's for example a hero that enters it will change the owner but if it's a normal unit it wont?
and also, will each player have more than 1 of these units ?

This is how I probably would do it:
Code:
Change Owner
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters ([COLOR="Red"]Your Region[/COLOR])
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True // If You need it to be a hero for example, otherwise just skip this If condition =)
            Then - Actions
                Set Circle_Unit[Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] = (Triggering unit)
                Wait 5.00 seconds
                    If - Conditions
                        (([COLOR="Red"]Your Region[/COLOR]) contains Circle_Unit[Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Change ownership of ([COLOR="Red"]Your Tower[/COLOR]) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
                    Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

Guk

Reaction score
Unit Stays 5 to get tower
Events
Unit - A unit enters RegionName
Conditions
Actions
Wait 5.00 seconds
Unit - Change ownership of TowerUnit to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color <-- one of these per tower
Trigger - Turn on Ten Secs go by <gen>

he could jsut make another triger than turns off first triger if unit leaves that rigeon

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
There are already systems out there for this type of triggering. It can actually be quite complecated and i can't do it myself without the tut. Search for it.

Guk

Reaction score
Don't know will it help or make it worse but here

Start cooldown
ss
Events
Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
Conditions
Actions
Set urunit = (Triggering unit)
Trigger - Turn on ss1 <gen>
Wait 5.00 seconds
Unit - Change ownership of urunit to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
Ends cooldown if unit leaves
ss1
Events
Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
Conditions
(Region 000 <gen> contains (Position of urunit)) Equal to False
Actions
Trigger - Turn off ss <gen>
Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

But it will work only if 1 enters the region, if another unit will enter region at the time when first unit is still in that region, variable will change to second unit and , if 1 unit will leave that region cd won't stop and would seem like 2 unit that enterd even if it's ur enemy will take tower for u. So need some other triger to set variable. I'm no good with variables but idea isn't bad i think

hugahug

Reaction score
He asked for us to help him get a trigger right and you just give him a incorrect trigger and he might not even know how to change that!
BTW, is it a specific unit that will do this? like if it's for example a hero that enters it will change the owner but if it's a normal unit it wont?
and also, will each player have more than 1 of these units ?

This is how I probably would do it:
Code:
Change Owner
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters ([COLOR="Red"]Your Region[/COLOR])
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] + 1)
            If - Conditions
                ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True // If You need it to be a hero for example, otherwise just skip this If condition =)
            Then - Actions
                Set Circle_Unit[Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]] = (Triggering unit)
                Wait 5.00 seconds
                    If - Conditions
                        (([COLOR="Red"]Your Region[/COLOR]) contains Circle_Unit[Integer[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]]) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Change ownership of ([COLOR="Red"]Your Tower[/COLOR]) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
                    Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

but if the unit dies in the circle this trigger is canceld?

Komaqtion

Reaction score
I think so, otherwise you could check if that unit is alive also

Vassilev

Reaction score
Fail fail... all is fail...

All of your triggers... it doesn't matter whether you put a wait function or not, as long as the unit enters the region, the trigger has fired, so the unit can exit, 5 seconds later allyourbasearebelong to us...

FIRST THINGS FIRST, you need to have a PERIODIC CHECKER to see whether the unit is still in the region

This is how you do it:

Trigger 1:
Event
Unit Enters a region
Conditions
Actions
set ConqueringUnit to Triggering Unit
Turn on Trigger 2

Trigger 2:
Event
Every 1.00 seconds of time <<< Every second
Conditions
Actions
If ConqueringUnit is NOT in Region <<< if the unit that entered is not in region
Then
set Counter[Owning Player of ConqueringUnit] = 0 <<< counter variable set to 0
Else
If ConqueringUnit is in Region and Counter[Owning Player of ConqueringUnit] < 5 <<< if the unit is in the region and the variable is less than 5
Then
Set Counter[Owning Player of ConqueringUnit] = Counter[Owning Player of ConqueringUnit] + 1 <<< add one to the counter
Else
If ConqueringUnit is in Region and Counter[Owning Player of ConqueringUnit] = 5 <<< if the unit is in the region for a total of 5 seconds
Give the building to Owning Player of Conquering Unit. <<< finally, give the building to the unit

Trigger 3
Event
Unit Leaves a Region
Condition - which region
Actions
Turn off trigger 2

you'd have to make a counter for each region so that it doesn't conflict while other players are conquering other places. Obviously you would need alot more conditions to make a complicated system but this is just a draft so you get an idea. You MUST use periodic checkers.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.