How can I make a map to be protected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
See Vexorian's Optimizer in the Useful Tools topic.

T

Tyrael_IM

Thanking you Admin

:D :D :D I finded that tool now and Im using It

EmBeR_NaGa

Reaction score
There is a much easier way to protect your map but notice that you must make another copy before doing this .. Before doing this Click File - Save As , then get your Textpad or Wordpad or anything that creates text files , ok so go there and make 2 notes , leave the whole thing blank both of them as save both of them as blank as well ... then open your WE and then open your pre-saved map and go to the Import Manager and import those 2 text files , rename one (anyone) the path "war3map.wtg" without quotes and then rename the last one "war3map.w3g" and then save the map .. and to see if it works go to your pre-saved map and it should give you a trigger error.If it doesn't you mayve done something wrong or .. I mayve forgot something ... :eek:

EmBeR_NaGa

Reaction score
Vexorian's Map optimizer is sort of good too .. it reduces the map size and stuff thats it .... <Sorry for double post>

T

Tyrael_IM

Oh yeah youre the best...

it WORKS !!! thanks very much :D
Listen to EmBeR_NaGa's first post with the Text documents

Tonks

Reaction score
Now try reversing Ember_Naga's process.
Notice your map is openable again.

Now try reversing Vexorian's Optimizer's process.
Notice you don't know what to do.

;)

Asehujiko

Reaction score
There is an de-op script out there. Won't like it here since we don't support that kind of things here.

X

XBOMBERXx

For me is better wait if the people play your map, else not meet the protection in your map u understand?:)

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Shouldn't be in World Editor Help rather then Warcraft Talk?

Anyway, Vexorian's tool provides a much better protection, and also includes other nice features (specifically reducing map's size) while EmBeR_NaGa ways does provide some protection, however a much weaker one. Also, it doesn't reduce map size.

As an Off-Topic comment, that only reason I could ever understand map protecting process is if the map is quite big, and you want to make it smaller (Vexorian's tool). Otherwise, I disapprove usually those kind of maps (One of the reasons I don't play DotA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.