Tutorial How to: Have a Simple Item Table for Respawning Creeps

Aeyl

Reaction score
How To: Create a Simple Item Table For Respawning Creeps

Recently, I have been searching the forums to find out how to have creeps re-spawn with an item table and have found that most solutions were quite long and inconvenient. This solution may have been posted before (and if it is im sorry) but I have not yet found something like it. I am not that advanced at using world editor but I believe that these basic triggers and variable(s) are much easier and convenient to use. :thup:

This tutorial requires you to have a creep re-spawn trigger!

After creating your Creep Re-Spawn Trigger, make an Item-Type Variable with an Array of 1 and an Initial Value of none. Call it something that will let you know what level of creeps it is intended for (if you are going to have multiple variables for different creep levels that is), I called mine L1_5Items which to me means Level 1-5 Items which will be used for Level 1-5 creeps.

Next we will make a Trigger that will add items into this Variable at Map Initialization. You can add whatever items you want into it;

As you can see I added No Item three times. I did this so that when we create the next Action, creeps have a greater chance of dropping no item. You can also do that with other items to change their chance of being dropped. Also to note, the Variable Value (which is the 0,1,2 etc) have to be in order. They are kind of like slots which hold the item in the Variable and have to be in order so that the next Trigger can find them.

In your Re-Spawn Trigger add this new Action;

What this Action does is if the level of Triggering Unit (or creep that died) was 5 or below then it would create an Item from the Variable you created, randomly selecting one of the 'slots' 0-5 and creating the item at the corpse of the creep (or not creating if you had no item in some of your slots).

And thats all there is to it! You can make additional Variables for the next level of creeps and copy, paste and edit the Action to match what you want. Like I said before, im not very advanced at world editor and may not be able to answer many questions but someone else might be able to.

If this helped you, please +rep me!
Enjoy!

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
You're posting it at the wrong place. Its supposed to be under tutorials and resources.
But while Im at it, maybe you should make ur words look mroe interesting. Keep working on it. :thup:

Aeyl

Reaction score
Oh my bad sorry, should i delete it from here and post it at the tuts forum?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.