How to virus in Warcraft III

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
he can put %systemdrive% or something and it will work.
As said twice so far, this does not work from within Warcraft III, which MUST save the file to a place where it will be run on startup..
Try it. :)
indeed he is running windows xps
Hilarious. Or something. :p
Well, you can point him to information on how it happened. :)

trigger_newb

Reaction score
Well, you can point him to information on how it happened. :)
yes thanks to you I can, but he doesn't manage his own computers or know about them well enough (not even about the wc3 editor of course) to be able to comprehend how it would be possible to earn a virus through playing a game of a warcraft mod. he merely believes that wc3 was a root problem because his private computer technician 'told' him so.
for instance, could you try and take the view of someone who has never seen/tried scripting before to understand how anyone could come up with such a genius -- i mean ridiculous -- idea of a mod forcing you to download a file without the player ever knowing it lol
i guess with an idea anything is possible

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As said twice so far, this does not work from within Warcraft III, which MUST save the file to a place where it will be run on startup..
Try it. :)

What about ~ for Mac/Linux?

shiFt

Reaction score
maybe somebody can make a 'virus' that goes into your map directory and 'infects' a certain popular map that itself has become a 'virus', thus fighting fire with fire, and giving all the map developers out there a chance?

Sometimes this popular map is downloaded by me without me wanting it but because of its popularity it has to be done , so in that sense its sort of the same thing...

:D

shiFt

Reaction score
If we do what I suggested, then it will force blizz to patch, as they only seem to care about this very popular map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.