Infiltration

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I think it will be awhile before any testing goes on. The map Darthfett gave me has only a small amount done.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
A lot more terrain has been done but, yes, a LOT of units and heroes still need to be done, and thus a lot of the triggers must be done, and thus testing will take a bit.

Out of curiosity, what would your opinion be if I attempt to create a website (you will have to find hosting though) for Infiltration, Darthfett?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
>There are no cliffs in the map.

Are you sure you sent us the newest version?

Yep, I just deleted the cliffs part, since we weren't going to be using them. They were originally below the water part below the moat.

>Out of curiosity, what would your opinion be if I attempt to create a website (you will have to find hosting though) for Infiltration, Darthfett?

That would be cool, but I would have no idea where to find it... What kind of website would it be.. like Karawasa's?

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Haha okay.

Yay my own section. Do me a favor and put me under a cool title like
"Graphics Design Ultra Commander" or something :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
It would be like Karawasa's site, yes, but I'd make it from scratch like I did with his.

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Eh, no. I think he means it won't be ready to test in awhile... :nuts:

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
It's a pretty big project. We have several areas to cover, the normal triggers, terrain, and units. But we also have graphics, like icons and skins, which is a big project too.
So far we have me as the Ultra Supreme Graphics Commander, and some other people on some less important stuff. :p
To answer anymore "testing" questions...we won't be having any for awhile.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
I know it's on an outdated map, but here it is. Give feedback on the Investigator and the Guardian Templar please. I added those two.

Just for clarification on the exact point of those two heroes....

The Investigator does, well, investigating. He can see invisible units with his Investigating Eye, use a Revealing Flare to reveal a large area for a decent amount of time and reveal possibly hidden enemies (and other things, if you wish to keep those hidden without the use of an Investigator), use Prediction to dodge attacks and thus stay alive longer, and finally his Alarm, his most useful spell. It will have to be hard-coded into the map to include the last feature that isn't there, the fact that it should tell the palace guards to get down there. At the moment, it summons 4-8 guards off the bat, and then loops an alarm sound as the location is repeatedly pinged for about 7 seconds or so on the minimap, allowing all the other heroes to get down there as well.

Don't expect the Investigator to tank as, while his Prediction is very useful, he has no other offensive abilities whatsoever and is mostly there for support against invisible units. I MIGHT replace Investigating Eye or Revealing Flare with an offensive spell, but I want your opinions on that first.

As for the Guardian Templar, I think he doesn't need any tweaking except in the stats perhaps. His main goal is not as obvious with his name but...he is there to annoy. His first ability, Driving Slash, is insanely useful as the Guardian Templar spins around and smashes his enemy back a ways. Melee assassins will be owned by the GT (if they can't manage to kill the GT, of course) with this ability. As for the second, his Insult keeps you coming back. Think of running away? Well what if he just insulted you with such a witty comment that you can't help yourself from turning back? Of course, you can order the assassin to turn back again, but usually a well placed Insult will set the assassin up for a Driving Slash that knocks him farther into the palace and into more and more guards than he wants. Anyways, his third ability is Kick Dirt, which blinds the target for a little while. Not nearly as long as your usual Warcraft blindness, but it's enough to make an assassin's combo go wrong. His last ability is Interrupting Slash, which can be even more of a headache to an assassin. He swings around in a circle, hitting all of the enemy units there and interrupting their actions to the point where they can't attack or use any abilities for a very short duration. This completely stops any assassin cold if he allows the GT to get that close and use it.

I'll probably make a few assassin heroes then and work on making some units with unique passive-action abilities they can use as they attack while being controlled by a computer.

IMPORTANT EDIT

I have removed the attachment as I have put appended a new one to one of my posts further down the page. I have fixed an error in the Infiltrator's Disguise and Silent Incapacitation skills, and I have made the Disguise more believable to human players.

Reaction score
Dude those are some Kick-Ass spells you have thier i dont think they need any changes...One problem tho, not for heros, but for the enemys units they walk around everywhere to like the other side of the map, and wont it be hard controlling all your guys if they are constantly walking around?

for the disguise wont it be really obvious that guy isnt on your team cause its scale is twice the size of a normal peasant and its color isnt the same as your allies

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
See, that's the whole point Chris. A human can tell that the disguise doesn't work. If I wanted to, I could make it look like a real peasant, however, something is bound to look odd to a human since computers would move with less of a mission and to see a peasant striding swiftly into the palace would arouse suspicion. So, I suppose making it pretty obvious for a human to figure out is the right way to go.

However, have you tried putting it next to computerized enemies of any kind? They won't attack you unless one of them witnesses a Silent Incapacitation.

Reaction score
Yeah i know, i walked up to the comp and nothing happened, maybe if you have it like wind walk just not increas in speed? or make it look like a guard? oh i know! have it change its model size and its color of the hero to a color on the opposite team so you would never knoe unless you tried clikcing on the unit

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
MeRcChRiS said:
Yeah i know, i walked up to the comp and nothing happened
That's what is supposed to happen...nothing.

But Rinpun I say you should make the disguise model look exactly like the villagers. It would be interesting to see how people would use like random movements and what not to trick other players :p

MeRcChRiS2

Reaction score
Just change the person like wind walk, invisible, or have a bunch of villagers walking around and turn your hero to a vilager and same color the villagers are so its very confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.