Infiltration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabarber

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
What tileset do you use? Just interested. ;)

By the way, add horses to the map.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Rabarber said:
By the way, add horses to the map.

Pfft, and frogs.

Hey, I just got a random idea! I am gathering you need to sneak past the guards, and you need lot's of different tricks to do it.
Maybe you can allow players to pick up animals and rocks. Then, they can release/throw them. The cumputer controlled guards would be distracted by the cute bunny, or run to where they heard the rock (classic) and the assassin could slip by....

P.S.- Please don't name any of the heroes "Assassin". My god, it's tiring when almost every map uses it.

Also! I guess you pick a character that is a certain class. Maybe make it so you can pick the guy you think looks cool, with his inherent race attributes (like trolls with regen.) and then pick a class too, which would define skills and further attributes.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
For the tileset, we're using a mixture of a castle tileset, and an outdoorsey tileset.

2-P, i'll take that as a yes?

(I looked it up, and it says *rawr* means yes) :p

>Maybe you can allow players to pick up animals and rocks. Then, they can release/throw them. The cumputer controlled guards would be distracted by the cute bunny, or run to where they heard the rock (classic) and the assassin could slip by....

This might require an extra ability, but maybe we could add some sort of "Action" button that allows you to do things with objects?

The class thing is a pretty good idea, too. Maybe they could be added to the heroes, and the race that comes with the hero, like naga, or troll (like you said).

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
>>>I don't how much hurt your hero would be in if he tried to pick up a horse, but I guess so... :p

>>>I have a small RPG I have been working on since the beginning, just to test random cool rpg systems and what not that I sometimes make. One of the abilities that I made is "Interact". I had most everything be selectable, and you use "Interact" to erm...interact with stuff. Depending on what it is, it shows a dialogue telling you what it is, and choices like "Leave it." "Pick up" and "Use". You could probably use something like that. I haven't seen it done yet, and I would enjoy seeing something like it.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, that would be neat.

As for throwing, that could be a nice little JASS snippet (with the fly trick ability so that its a one-size fits all in tossing rocks and rabbits). Unfortunately, it'd take a little bit of work to get it to "attach" to the unit. The rest of it should be relatively easy to do.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Heh that sounds like a good idea... but I don't want too many things interactable, like fence posts and buildings. Maybe a few units or items, but I don't want everything to be dialogs, since it could make it kind of boring.

I was thinking maybe a spellbook where you have interact (General), throw object, talk, and maybe a few other things.

Also, sorry I haven't been as active. I've been trying to make a level 19 tweak for WoW by Friday (and She's level 13 now). I'm sending the map to you guys now. :)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Yep. If you look at the front, we only have a few people signed up in each category, so if you can, post what you'd like to do, and we'll add you to the list, and keep you updated. :)

Hero Idea:

Medusa

Stone Gaze - Turns an enemy unit to stone for 30 seconds. The unit is unable to move, but gains armor.
-Level 1: 7 Armor
-Level 2: 5 Armor
-Level 3: 1 Armor

Regrowth - The Medusa's parts automatically regrow at a quick rate.
-Level 1: 2 HP/Sec Increase
-Level 2: 3 HP/Sec Increase
-Level 3: 4 HP/Sec Increase

Shrill Cry - The Medusa shrieks so loud that all nearby enemy units are slowed, and deal less damage for 15 seconds.
-Level 1: 80% MoveSpeed, 3 less damage .
-Level 2: 70% MoveSpeed, 5 less damage.
-Level 3: 60% MoveSpeed, 7 less damage.

Hydra Hair (Ultimate) - The Medusa has snakes for hair which automatically bite nearby enemy units.
-Level 1: 15 Damage, 1.00 Sec Cooldown

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Hey look, I am a Project Contributer, w00t!

I'll give that Medusa a try if you'd like.

Suggestion:
Medusa's Gaze, instead of Hydra Hair.

Medusa's Gaze (Ultimate)
-Turns every unit facing the Medusa to stone, including allied units

Darthfett

Reaction score
That seems like it would be kind of cheap. I already have half of the Medusa done, but a few of the abilities don't work. Also, I think she'll need something to do with the hair, since it does have snakes on it.

Does anyone know where I can get a model for it/skin? I tried wc3sear.ch, and they had nothing.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
That's why it will affect allied units too. I don't think it should turn them to stone forever either. Maybe the duration is affected by the number of units turned to stone. The more units, the less time.

Anyways, what were you planning on doing for the bad hair day spell?

Darthfett

Reaction score
Basically Phoenix Fire, but with a short range. The thing about this is... there'd be no animations.

(If we end up doing the stone thing):

Maybe the ultimate could drain mana, and be turn on/off able. It would seem kind of evil if the hero just turns around to attack a unit on the other side of her, and half the units around her just turn into stone.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
The icons are really nice.
However, I don't think this kind of game can be played in wc style. You need a game like slinter cell for that.

lllidan

Reaction score
Darthfett said:
Yep. If you look at the front, we only have a few people signed up in each category, so if you can, post what you'd like to do, and we'll add you to the list, and keep you updated. :)

Hmmm. I was looking at the different fields, but I think I'm up to doing any and all of them. :) But first I'd need what you already have done, and what you want/need done. So basically just tell me what you wnat me to do, and i'll do it :)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Darthfett said:
Yeah I will try to make it like that, but I have a bunch of cliffs in it, and I don't want them to get mixed up, otherwise they get messed up. (I know that the cliffs are bad, but I have to use them for the mountains).

EDIT: For the cliffs, how about you guys choose... Pic1:

or Pic2:
There are no cliffs in the map.

Are you sure you sent us the newest version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.