Infiltration

Status
Not open for further replies.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Darthfett said:
Yeah I had that Idea, but what If two players had him selected, and I'd just like it to be able to have all the normal features.

>The only thing different from shared control with the selection is that to move it, you would have to click it again, instead of having it selected the whole time. A minor inconvenience if having shared control is neccessary, I'd say.

>Like what kind of normal features?

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Darthfett said:
>Don't forget to make the trees large. ^^
:(

That's so annoying to fix, but ok.

>I can continue in a week or so if you want to. :)

That would be great! Will you be working on the inside or outside of the castle?

He, he, sry. :p And don't forget some tree variation (Ashenvale+ Lordaeron Summer+ Cityscape for example) like... eh...

Hm, doesn't matter, just tell me what you think needs to be done, I'm just the mindless terrain slave. ;)

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Add some shrubbery and flowers, rocks and logs too! Haha, I overuse the shrubs like there is no tomorrow....

2-P

Reaction score
o.0
That's not the terrain for Infiltration.
It's some quick "beta-terrain" I've made for... *looks around* sorry, Daelin would kill me if I tell you.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I will try to make it like that, but I have a bunch of cliffs in it, and I don't want them to get mixed up, otherwise they get messed up. (I know that the cliffs are bad, but I have to use them for the mountains).

Also, when I first started the map, it was on a regular level, not water, so that might mess things up a bit :(

Other than that, I'm learning JASS pretty fast, mostly using Jasscraft (The awesomest program ever!!), and it helps a ton. Making triggers in it should be a breeze, because of how easy it makes it, and because it's so efficient. (I hate GUI now. :))

EDIT: For the cliffs, how about you guys choose... Pic1:

or Pic2:

2-P

Reaction score
Pic1: Uh, really nice. :)

Pic2: Ah, my eyes are burnin'! :p

Ps: When you place rocks (especially on uneven terrain) then lower them until those little, flat, stones besides them disappear.

>"(I know that the cliffs are bad, but I have to use them for the mountains).

Also, when I first started the map, it was on a regular level, not water, so that might mess things up a bit "

It would be cool if you could make the whole map without cliffs, just like in the first picture.
When you gave me the map I made everything around the castle to shallow water and raised it again. So go ahead. ;)

Darthfett

Reaction score
QUOTE said:
It would be cool if you could make the whole map without cliffs, just like in the first picture.
When you gave me the map I made everything around the castle to shallow water and raised it again. So go ahead. ;)

Why would I lower it just so the big rocks are showing? It seems like a waste of time, since I sort of want them there.

Yeah I will try to do the outside, but I do have to have cliffs inside, for the walls. There's no other way, without it looking bad.

Thanks a ton for making it all shallow, and raising it, that will speed things up, and I think I will use it without cliffs then. I meant I had to for things like caves, and certain other things. I have about 1/4 of the outside done, mostly the forest, and i'm starting to do the mountains, which might take a while.

>Like what kind of normal features?

Such as double clicking on a unit, and it selecting all of the ones around it, and allowing multiple players to look at it at one time.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I think I have your solution:

To set ownership/

Code:
Control
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) Selects a unit
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Change ownership of (Triggering unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Retain color
        Unit - Grant shared vision of (Triggering unit) to Player 1 (Red)
        Set SelectedUnit = (Triggering unit)
        Set SelectedUnitType = (Unit-type of (Triggering unit))

To simulate the double-click selection/

Code:
SelectUnitsTimerStart
    Events
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to SelectedUnit
    Actions
        Set CanISelectUnits = Yes
        Countdown Timer - Start UnitSelectTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 0.60 seconds
Code:
SelectUnitsTimerEnd
    Events
        Time - UnitSelectTimer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set CanISelectUnits = No
Code:
SelectUnitsNow
    Events
    Conditions
        (Triggering unit) Equal to SelectedUnit
        CanISelectUnits Equal to Yes
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 11, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 2000.00 of (Position of SelectedUnit) matching ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to SelectedUnitType)) and do (Selection - Select (Picked unit))

I tested it and it works, just fill in your own events and conditions, and modify some of the actions to suit your needs.

Mullit

Reaction score
Darthfett said:
Thanks a ton for making it all shallow, and raising it, that will speed things up, and I think I will use it without cliffs then. I meant I had to for things like caves, and certain other things. I have about 1/4 of the outside done, mostly the forest, and i'm starting to do the mountains, which might take a while.

for caves you can just use stone arhces really close together, this way you can make them deeper into the cliff and wont have to use those other horrible cliffs. you can also vary the size of you caves so you can have small camps inside and stuff.

2-P

Reaction score
I'd use stones to make caves. Then you can use "unit stones" at the top and make them transparent as long as someone is in the cave.

Darthfett

Reaction score
Alright, i'll try to to make the unit stones, but it sounds like it'd take a while to make them.

That's a pretty nice picture there, Mullit. :)

I guess i'll continue to do more of the terraining, and then let you guys know when it's done. (Or at least the basic outlining of it, and leave the rest to 2-P :p.

BTW, does anyone know how to make it so air units won't block the way for other air units? It's just in case of certain things happening with the Transparent Unit Rocks, and them blocking air units.

Yay 1123 posts!

Mullit

Reaction score
just make the collision size of the rock zero. they arent gonna be moving anywhere anyway and theyre only there to make it look cave like.

>your post count is actually 1136

Darthfett

Reaction score
Mullit said:
just make the collision size of the rock zero. they arent gonna be moving anywhere anyway and theyre only there to make it look cave like.

>your post count is actually 1136

No, it works a little differently for air units. The grouping thing has a little to do with it. Unlike units, who when they can't go around other units, air units can go over eachother. But when blizzard made it, the units would all be in the exact same position. Unless they had this grouping thing. It makes the units spread around, so they have room in between the units.

>>your post count is actually 1136

Not at the time. :p I simply posted 13 times after that, that yesterday, and it shows the total posts, not the number of posts I had at the time that I posted it.

Reaction score
woo! yeah this map will be the bomb! haha im making a map but i dont know what to do, its call Dodge The Objects!

Reaction score
yeah....im putting it on hold cause i just stoped like making maps :( :( i dont know why i got fruseterated and just deleted all my triggers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.