Integer A event question

NightMagi

Reaction score
hi, my question would be:

what can i use the event for?

For each (Integer A) from X to X, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions

and what does it do?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
what can i use the event for?

Huh ?!
The event is what makes the trigger "fire", meaning that when (At any time in the game) the conditions are met for that event, it'll execute the actions in the trigger with the corresponding event...

For each (Integer A) from X to X, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions

and what does it do?

That simply makes whatever is inside that action execute a certain amount of times, for example:
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

This will fire the action "Unit - Create 1 unit for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees" 10 times, because there are 10 numbers between 1 and 10 (With 1 and 10 counted)...

You can also use the current Integer A, as the value for an array variable, like if you preset some array variables like this:
Trigger:
  • Event
    • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Unit[1] = Footman
      • Set Unit[2] = Grunt
      • Set Unit[3] = Archer

Then you do something like this in another trigger:
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Unit[Integer A] for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

Then that'll first create a Footman, then a Grunt and lastly an Archer ;)

NightMagi

Reaction score
okay so what the hell is "Integer A"? im trying to make a multiboard and im trying to understand what does what.

Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Show icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 8.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 3, row (Integer A) to 2.00% of the total screen width

okay, sorry for this, thanks for the explanation now i understand what it does ^^

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
Each time the action fires, (Integer A) becomes (Integer A) + 1. So in this case, the trigger sets display styles and widths of rows 1, 2, and so forward until it reaches 1 + Player_Count. Integer A is the number of row each time the action fires.

madd_999

Reaction score
"integer A" is the amount of times he needs to do something..

so in this case.. if i would have 3 players:
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions

the "integer A" would make your trigger do 4 times the actions.

you could see "integer A" as a counter..
first time it runs it is 1, and it keeps running until (referring to the previous case i mentioned) "integer A" is equal to "1 + Player_Count".

you can also use the integer to run true an array.. and thats what Komaqtion showed us..

when his triger start. "integer A" is equal to 1, then he lets the trigger create a unit that is in the array on possition 1.

1 is not equal to 3.. so the he will run it a seccond time adding 1 to the integer..

1+1 =2..

the second time it runs "integer A" is equal to 2.. it will create a unit equal to position 2 in his array..

2 is not qual to 3.. so he keeps doing it unit "integer A" is equal to 3

as for your case i am only using tis line an use "Player_Count = 3":
Trigger:
  • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to Show text and Show icons

1 + Player_Count = 4
the first time this will be run.. he wil be setting row number 1..

1 is not equal to 4.
Trigger:
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (1 + Player_Count), do (Actions)

will let you do this actions again but then setting "integer A" to 1+1 = 2

so the second time it runs this line:
Trigger:

it will set row 2

and it will repeat this until "integer A" equals (1 + Player_Count).. and in this case that would be 4. in the end creating a total of 4 rows in each column

edit:Tawnttoo posted the same thing but then shorter while i was typing this :p

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
Interger a is just a premade interger varible, it needs to be set thru trigger, the only actualy use of it is for counting up in loops, for each interger a from 1 to 3 do actions, on the first run interger a = 1, on the 2nd it = 2 and so on. Interger loops is realy just a short cut for when you need to create a lot of units, or 1 unit type after another.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.