WIP Invasion Ice

mightylink

Reaction score
Well after years of tutorials and little testing maps I am finally doing something cool. A neat new game type I been working on the past few days, and recently been doing some BNet tests and people are having a blast with it.

Although still a WIP it is fun enough to play, 8 waves created so far, still requires balancing, sorry about wave 7 <_<

-Choose from one of 24 classes from 3 hero taverns.
-Every kill rewards gold which can be used to buy items.
-Boss kills reward lumber for powerful rewards.
-Wave size is based on the number of players.
-If a player leaves their waves will still spawn!!!
Red Commands: -ar -arem -em -nm -hm -allrandom -allrandomeasymode -easymode -normalmode -hardmode
Player Commands: -random -repick -normal -immune -flying -boss

Uses default heroes and items so far, I will make custom ones when I finish creating all the waves. This game is fun for any number of players, it will be easier and harder depending how many players join so the game is always balanced!

Feedback is welcome, let me know what you think and want to see changed in this map, feel free to play over bnet ^_^

More Players = More Spawns = More Fun

Attachments

• InvasionIceV1.0.w3x
    270.5 KB · Views: 268

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Sounds like a tower defence or AoS map, and in that case...
A neat new game type
it's not.

The thread that you have made is boring adn empty.

madd_999

Reaction score
not really original

well its basically a hero defense map without a castle or anything to defend.. so you only need to keep your hero alive and kill of the creeps.

so i am sorry to say, but it is not a new game genre/map type..

if you think it is what would you call it??

well thats what if found out with only playing the first wave.. second wave bugged already 3 times in a row in single player..

madd_999

Reaction score
not realy.. becous hero line is a wave of units send from point a walking to point b and when they enter point b you loos lives.. here there arent lives you cant loos.. you just looz when youre hero dies (or at least i think so becous i havent played past lvl 1)

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
O.K, away from the 'Not a new game type' stuff. Firstly, the first few waves are very easy to play on your own but after the first boss, they become very hard. Instead of saying 'Use commands from DotA and other games' just say that the game has some commands and to check the 'Commands' Mission in game for a full list. Not everyone plays DotA so this is important to remember. Maybe add a few more waves? Though it is hard to reach the end, it is possible and takes around 7 minutes. The game ends rather ubruptly. Maybe say 'Congratulations, you have won Invasion Ice' create a few special effects at the possition of all heroes then wait a couple of seconds before victorying (Is that even a word!!!???). Also, maybe finish on a boss level and say: 'This is the final wave, defeat this boss and you win!!'

Hope you liked some actual feedback ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.