Island Defense 2.8.6b (Repost)

Sexi_Sheep

Reaction score
Hello,

My last thread was closed due to a mis-understanding. As most of you know, Island Defense has been a well known map for some time. Now over time it's slowly become less and less of what it use to be, it's becoming more imbalanced and more and more bugs are arising. I do thank all the previous editors and current editor of the newest version (Gwypaas) for fixing a lot of bugs. This version here is not in any way affiliated with Gwypaas or Pandamine. This version i am talking about is by DaroX.

Before DaroX quit editing Island Defense, he publicly released his version on his forums here:
http://www.islanddefense.org/forum/index.php/topic,1138.msg18357.html#new

I have attached the map so you can see that it is not in any way edited or unprotected. He published the original map for the public to edit at free-will.

The problem i am having is that the map was released before 1.24 so i am getting the weird "The game cannot be found" error when trying to load the map in a game.

I am wondering if someone would be able to assist me in providing some insight into possible causes. I know it has to do with the triggers, i've looked for any H2I functions...i didn't find any.. The map is there if anyone wishes to have a look at it for me. I would be greatly appreciated. If you require any more information, please ask.

The map download is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/?lmto4qylzym

Alternatively you may get it from that forum post by Darox that i wrote about just up a little bit.

Artificial

Without Intelligence
Reaction score
There's an H2I function (named [ljass]h2i[/ljass]) in the map header (click on the map's name on the trigger list to access it). Just fix that and the game will start.

Sexi_Sheep

Reaction score
Hmm, question, i replaced the function with GetHandleId(h) but it still doesn't seem to be working. Have i done something incorrect?

Sexi_Sheep

Reaction score
I found a problem, after commenting out the h2i function, i tried to save the map, to find 2 compile errors. In which i found 2 errors in this part of code:

JASS:
//===========================================================================
// Trigger: Return Bug Protection
//
// //TESH.scrollpos=0
// //TESH.alwaysfold=0
// function MonkeyEvaluate takes nothing returns nothing
// call BJDebugMsg(I2S(h2i(bj_lastCreatedUnit))) //<-- Comment out this line when you have the number and remove comment from line below
// //set udg_MagicNumber=h2i(bj_lastCreatedUnit)
// endfunction
// function CrashGame takes nothing returns nothing
// local timer t=GetExpiredTimer()
// //Note: The code past here doesn't really do anything and is just coverup
// if TimerGetElapsed(t)<bj_POLLED_WAIT_SKIP_THRESHOLD then
// call DestroyTimer(t)
// call RemoveAfkers()
// endif
// set t=null
// //Endcoverup
// endfunction
// function PeasantsOnly takes nothing returns boolean
// return GetUnitTypeId(GetTriggerUnit())=='hmpr'
// endfunction
// function Trig_Return_Bug_Protection_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
// call CreateUnit(Player(15),'hmpr',-4500.,6700.,0.)
// endfunction
// function IsMagicNumber takes nothing returns boolean
// //return udg_MagicNumber!= Insert Number Here
// return false
// endfunction
// //===========================================================================
// function InitTrig_Return_Bug_Protection takes nothing returns nothing
// set gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection=CreateTrigger()
// call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEvent(gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection,Player(15),EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_DEATH,null)
// call TriggerAddCondition(gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection,Condition(function PeasantsOnly))
// call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection, function CrashGame )
// set gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection=CreateTrigger()
// call DisableTrigger(gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection)
// call TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle( gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection,5.00 + GetRandomReal(0, 6.00))
// call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection, Condition(function IsMagicNumber) )
// call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Return_Bug_Protection, function Trig_Return_Bug_Protection_Actions )
// endfunction
//===========================================================================

I have a feeling the map not being able to be opened in the lobby is related to this. Could someone please confirm and assist with a way to fix?

Edit: Oh also could it be possible that when not commenting out the h2i function, the reason why my map won't run is because newgen's world editor is 1.21b?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
When you fixed function H2I, did you get compile errors, or the map just did not run in WarCraft?

Also, you might want to look for other functions that have two return statements similar to H2I.

Sexi_Sheep

Reaction score
No compile errors, it just won't run in Warcraft, it tries to load the map but just goes back to the map selection screen on single player, on bnet it says "The map cannot be found" or something like that...

Is there an easy way to look for functions that contain 2 return statements?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Could it be because you made all the functions and line comments?
You should remove some of the '//' in front of the the Init function, mainly. Otherwise, you'll get a compile error because every trigger requires an Init.

There's also the part with:
JASS:
// function IsMagicNumber takes nothing returns boolean
// //return udg_MagicNumber!= Insert Number Here
// return false
// endfunction

In this case, there's two return values. Remove one, and this should solve the compile error (remove
JASS:
return false

That's all I can find.
Why did you comment out the whole trigger anyway? Why not just disable/delete it?

I hope it helps.

Sexi_Sheep

Reaction score
As weird as this sounds, the actual trigger itself is not commented out, it only shows commments when i got syntax errors. The trigger itself was disabled, so i realise that it can't be the cause of the map not loading.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.