Item ability cooldown

_Phoenix_

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm adding some abilities to one of my custom items, but apparently there are some problems that can affect gameplay.

It is suppose to be an ultra-powerful permanent item that can be used actively, and gives the owner +1000 HP (using Khadgar's Gem of Health ability), +100 Strength (using Belt of Giant Strength +6 ability) and boost health regeneration by 24 points (using Ring of Regeneration ability), all these being passive abilities.

It has one further active ability, which is a mass rejuvenation and heals all nearby friendly units for a large amount of HP in a short time using the rejuvenation spell (via triggers and dummies). This ability requires a certain amount of mana (250) and has a cooldown of 20 seconds.

Everything works fine, except one point: The item does not indicate the mana cost (where normally there should be mana cost + gold cost of item just below its name), nor its cooldown (even after the item is used). (Clicking it during this period gives the message "Spell is not ready yet.", which obviously means it has just been used, but the icon does not turn grey with a line sweeping out brighter areas over time.) However, all abilities are functional, including the mass rejuvenation spell itself.

Can anyone figure out what the problem is? Thanks a lot!

_Phoenix_

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm adding some abilities to one of my custom items, but apparently there are some problems that can affect gameplay.

It is suppose to be an ultra-powerful permanent item that can be used actively, and gives the owner +1000 HP (using Khadgar's Gem of Health ability), +100 Strength (using Belt of Giant Strength +6 ability) and boost health regeneration by 24 points (using Ring of Regeneration ability), all these being passive abilities.

It has one further active ability, which is a mass rejuvenation and heals all nearby friendly units for a large amount of HP in a short time using the rejuvenation spell (via triggers and dummies). This ability requires a certain amount of mana (250) and has a cooldown of 20 seconds.

Everything works fine, except one point: The item does not indicate the mana cost (where normally there should be mana cost + gold cost of item just below its name), nor its cooldown (even after the item is used). (Clicking it during this period gives the message "Spell is not ready yet.", which obviously means it has just been used, but the icon does not turn grey with a line sweeping out brighter areas over time.) However, all abilities are functional, including the mass rejuvenation spell itself.

Can anyone figure out what the problem is? Thanks a lot!

_Phoenix_

The reason why it shows "Spell is not ready yet." and there's no thing showing that it was used. That means your certain item has no DISTBN icon.

_Phoenix_

Reaction score
Sorry... what's a DISTBN icon? I did have an "Art-Interface Icon" though. :p

In addition, I did set the "Stats-Cooldown Group" to be that of the active ability (my rejuvenation spell), so I'm still not sure what went wrong. Please help! :)

Caedin88

Reaction score
Change the items icon to a Lesser Healing Potion and test it, if it grays out, cool, it means u just need to choose a diff icon, if it doesn't then idk, wait for some one more experianced to read your post :(

TfauxT

Reaction score
A DISBTN icon is the other icon your suppost to import with the BTN icon.
A DISBTN icon is used to darken or grey out the item portait after its been used and has a cooldown or is unable to be used. (sometimes also referred as DSBTN)

Look for the DISBTN version of the icon your using for that item and import it. If you do that it should display properly. Hope this helps :thup:

n00b1l1ty

Lєgєπd of Mysтicfаlcoи
Reaction score
Your active spell must be top on the ability list of item. Look at attachment...

_Phoenix_

Reaction score
Your active spell must be top on the ability list of item. Look at attachment...

Your suggestions worked perfectly. I never knew that I had to put the spell at the top! Really, thanks soooo much! :thup:

A great thanks too for all others who replied, as it's my fault that I didn't say previously that all the icons I used were default and not imported. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.