Item Drop System - Will this Work?

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
Okay, so I was being lazy, and wanted to create a tiered item drop system, but didn't want to enter in every single little item manually, and I don't know how to use JASS

So, I cooked up an initialization that works something like a preloader, and I was wondering if it will work, before I go through the trouble of actually making the DROP system

here's the revised request for help

Code:
Item Table Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Item - Pick every item in Item Pregen <gen> and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set ItemDrop_Level_Count = (ItemDrop_Level_Count + 1)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Item level of (Picked item)) Equal to ItemDrop_Level_Count
                    Then - Actions
                        Set ItemCounter = (ItemCounter + 1)
                        Set Item_Drop_Type[ItemCounter] = (Item-type of (Picked item))
                        Item - Remove (Picked item)
                    Else - Actions
                Set ItemDrop_Cap[ItemDrop_Level_Count] = ItemCounter

I used the reveal cheat while testing, and the items don't get removed

THEN I set up the actual drop system and added a debug message or two
Everything WORKS except it doesn't have a set of items to draw from, anyone wanna help me out?

Code:
Item Drops
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile
    Actions
        Set ItemDrop_RandomBonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (ItemDrop_RandomBonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 5)
        Set ItemDrop_Chance = (Random integer number between (ItemDrop_RandomBonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1) and 100)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: (                Rolled:  |cffffcc00 + (String(ItemDrop_Chance)))
            If - Conditions
                ItemDrop_Chance Greater than or equal to 75
            Then - Actions
                Set APoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 90
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[9])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Set ItemDrop_RandomBonus[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = 0
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_APoint)
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 80
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[8])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 70
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[7])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 60
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[6])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 50
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[5])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 40
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[4])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 30
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[3])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 20
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[2])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 10
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[1])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 0
                    Then - Actions
                        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Random integer number between 0 and ItemDrop_Cap[0])] at (Center of (Playable map area))
                        Skip remaining actions
                    Else - Actions
                Game - Display to (All players) the text: Error: Killed Creep...
            Else - Actions

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I don't understand what it works for... so... like AceHart said...
"You don't need to worry if the problem is yet to occur"
or something like that XD

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> (Item level of (Picked item)) Equal to ItemDrop_Level_Count

What is that supposed to test?

You're picking items rather randomly, and, if, by chance, they happen to have some specific level, they are used, otherwise not...

Knocksious

Reaction score
Ah I think I need to do an integer loop

What I was trying to do was make it so that say a level 100 creep could drop a level 9 item or below

or... say a level 50 creep would drop a level 4 item or below

but I only want it to drop items I pick

Knocksious

Reaction score
sorry about the double-post, but I wanted to bring this to Ace's Attention assuming he is still on

So I redid the init code, and it works, becuause I came up with a debug test that makes it work

The drop code still doesn't work, however, asn I can't figure out why

here is the redone init code and the debug test code

Code:
Item Table Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 0 to 9, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set ItemDrop_Level_Count = (Integer A)
                Item - Pick every item in Item Pregen <gen> and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Item level of (Picked item)) Equal to ItemDrop_Level_Count
                            Then - Actions
                                Set ItemCounter = (ItemCounter + 1)
                                Set Item_Drop_Type[ItemCounter] = (Item-type of (Picked item))
                                Item - Remove (Picked item)
                            Else - Actions
                        Set ItemDrop_Cap[ItemDrop_Level_Count] = ItemCounter

Code:
Drop Debug
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -Drop as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Item - Create Item_Drop_Type[(Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))] at (Center of (Playable map area))

Wow, I feel dumb... I had the Item drop at center of playable map, not at APoint.... :banghead:

nvm nvm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.