Item Life Bonus not working?

jrhetf4xb

Reaction score
I have a spell based on Item Life Bonus which every Hero on my map has. Periodically I increase the level of that ability by 1, however the life bonus is not applied. Anybody has an idea why it's not happening?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
levels of item abilities cannot be increased usually.

however there are some systems in the turtorials and resources sub-forum which help you to increase max hp of units.

if you dont need the possibility to decrease the life again you could use upgrades as well.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i think you are missing the point that those systems have been written just for that purpose. the only reason for their existance is to be used by people like you.
they wouldnt need to exist if there was an easy solution everybody can do himself.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You just set the hp bonus to the custom value of the item, and then you can check the custom value with an integer call :)
Code:
Item - Set the custom value of [COLOR="Blue"][U]ITEM[/U][/COLOR] to [COLOR="Blue"][U]VALUE[/U][/COLOR]
Set Integer = (Custom value of [COLOR="Blue"][U]ITEM[/U][/COLOR])

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Just create several life-increasing abilities with one level apiece and swap 'em when it levels up.

jrhetf4xb

Reaction score
^ I guess that would work as well, I thought about it earlier. Thanks I'll use that with an array

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You just set the hp bonus to the custom value of the item, and then you can check the custom value with an integer call :)
Code:
Item - Set the custom value of [COLOR="Blue"][U]ITEM[/U][/COLOR] to [COLOR="Blue"][U]VALUE[/U][/COLOR]
Set Integer = (Custom value of [COLOR="Blue"][U]ITEM[/U][/COLOR])
what are you talking about? i cant see that this has anything in common with the topic...

Just create several life-increasing abilities with one level apiece and swap 'em when it levels up.
too much work for too little effect... a single ability is enough if you just use the already made system.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
as @accname already mentioned, using upgrades is a very easy way of doing this, if you doesn't need it to be MUI for a single player (I guess not as it is a hero ability.)

I think the Upgrade Effect is called just Hit Point Bonus (like the Knight's Animal War Training)

jrhetf4xb

Reaction score
Upgrades don't really solve my problem because the life bonus will not be permanent.
I already did it with multiple abilities and it's not that much work in my case (the map doesn't require that much triggering).

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Upgrades don't really solve my problem because the life bonus will not be permanent.
I already did it with multiple abilities and it's not that much work in my case (the map doesn't require that much triggering).

ok, I see, nvm then

:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.