iTunes question

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
I want to transfer some songs from my iPod to iTunes. The only way I know to do this is to copy&paste the files via windows explorer from the iPod and then dragging the whole thing into iTunes. (If anyone knows of another way please say so).
The problem is, I don't want to copy everthing as I already have around 80% of the songs on my PC. I cant choose the songs individually as iTunes stupidly renames all files with four letter sequences and randomly saves them in over 50 folders. Also, I'm talking of about 400 songs.
I don't want to have to delete all the duplicates of the songs in iTunes manually (another function which apple should add).

Anyone got an idea how to solve this.
What would be perfect is a program which checks if the song is already in my library and if it is excludes it from the copying process.

Thanks

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I think there are programs which can't extract the entire contents of your iPod and place them in a folder of your choosing (or something like this), using one of these, you could clear your iTunes library and add this folder in its place, or add the songs you wish to add without wiping your iTunes library.

Hope this helps.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Please correct me if I am wrong, but can't you just sync your iPod? It transfers all content on your iTunes to iPod, and vice-versa.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Please correct me if I am wrong, but can't you just sync your iPod? It transfers all content on your iTunes to iPod, and vice-versa.

That would be perfect. The only thing is I do not know how to do this manually because if I press "sync" absolutely nothing happens and if I press "sync music" it warns me that all the music on the ipod will be deleted and replaced by music from my computer.
There is a button called "transfer purchased items" but this doesn't do anything.

And Jindo, what you suggested would work, but it would be my last option as it would take quite a while. If nothing else works I'll do that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.