JASS NewGen Pack 1.5d

DiFm

Reaction score
Should this thing work on the latest Patch? since to me it seems like it doesnt get "The Program is not respounding" or that i need to put in CD.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Download latest JNGP, replace 1.22 World Editor.exe (without icon) with 1.21 *.exe and disable 'war3err' and Grimoire.

I did it this way, but now all Object Editor, map description and region palette changes (edits) will be replaced with default values after map is saved and after wards loaded.
I spotted same problem somewhere in wc3campaigns, I have to search that thread.

EDIT:

Haven't found it yet, but I wanted to continue with my map and now I can't because latest patch has changed much and bugs appear when using JASSHelper (I think, which else does vJASS parse, check).

cowmenace

Reaction score
forces

when I save my map using NewGen, it bugs up and there are no forces so i can't even open up the map in a game.

and YES I READ BACK the only answer I saw was to enable JassHelper which I did with no results!

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I get an error message whenever I try to open it up.
It loads for a few seconds, like something is happening, then bamm.

errormessage_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

A picture of the error message (Hungarian) What it says is something like
The worldedit.exe has detected an error and terminated itself. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The data with which you were working, probably was lost.

Tell Microsoft about your problem.
Sending an error report can help our work. The data in the report will be treated confidentially and namelessly.

To check the data in the error report click here

Send the error report || Cancel

Any help please? :(

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
To kcRage102

Thx a thousand for the old worldedit executable, NewGen works perfectly once more :)

Finally I can start making some real stuff on my maps again :)

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I just looked at the JassHelper manual and found this:

JASS:
struct B
    delegate A deleg

static method create takes nothing returns B
     local B b = B.allocate()
        set B.deleg = A.create()
    endmethod
[...]

Besides of me not knowing where to put this post, shouldn't it be
set b.deleg = A.create()
instead of
set B.deleg = A.create()
?

Cheers, Davey

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
No... if you actually read the rest of the thread this is explained a number of times. Newgen is detected as a trojan by some virus scanners because of the way the program functions (ie, hacking another program, World Editor). It is safe to ignore the problem, and set an exception in your scanner.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
lmao i got 6 trojans from newgen, theyre still in my quarentine. i never restored them and my newgen still works fine, so im pretty sure they are viruses.

saw792

Reaction score
TeeAichSee you are a clown. Newgen may work fine without some of those files you removed, but that is probably because you are not using Grimoire features, since many of them don't work with 1.22.

Your logic: I haven't found a reason for them to exist. Thus they are viruses.
Normal person's logic: I haven't found a reason for them to exist. I should find out what they do before jumping to conclusions.

tharebel

Reaction score
I still encounter probs with new gen. I am using it some time now, and patched it to 1.21. No problems running the editor.

Except with a kinda unuassal problem i still cant fix. When adding a new trigger (doesnt matter what trigger) the map saves and bugs up and wont run inside the game.

However if I delete some triggers and adjust some, it saves correctly and it's opened in test. Anybody can give me some advise about using other programs or other methos?:thup: Thnx in advance.

I got 8000 Destructables with item tables in them. When saving em jasshelper gives me an error on exhausting memory. Is this solvable?:banghead:

tharebel

Reaction score
I assume the //* Map Item Tables *\\ function automatically generated is maxed as well.

When compiling it will exhaust memory. :banghead::banghead:

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
No... if you actually read the rest of the thread this is explained a number of times. Newgen is detected as a trojan by some virus scanners because of the way the program functions (ie, hacking another program, World Editor). It is safe to ignore the problem, and set an exception in your scanner.
Um... actually, I thought I read every post and not one contained anything about trojan.

saw792

Reaction score
My apologies, the Newgen topic that contained the major trojan discussion was a sticky called 'Useful Tools' in the World Editor Help forum.

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
I'm having some weird issues with this. First off, I try to run Newgen WE and get "Error: Couldn't open japi.dll". Then it opens the editor anyways and says "worldedit.exe stopped working". I'm using Vista, and pretty sure my AVG Anti Virus was fully disabled each time (tried reinstalling too).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.