JASS Pro's help me

exge

Reaction score
WEU seems to have screwed up somehow ... can some1 help me fix these triggers ... thx

you can get the file here
needs WEU to open
http://www.omnidesigns.net/wow.zip
as thehelper.net does not allow uploads of 4mb

i already tried to disable the advanced triggers and re-enable them but the damm thing still refuses to compile properly ...

and i tried to learn jass but i still don't know anything after reading it for about 2 days !! OMG !!
im quite good at java so i thought jass should be no problem .... any suggestions ?
Im doubting WEU's reliability now.

EDIT:eek:k im stupid, i asked the author of WEU already ... thx anw

and i really want to learn jass as this month my java exams are over i am free for another language ....

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
jass is not exactly a language you have to...study.
you learn the basics in about an hour at most. then you simply read through the commands in common.j and blizzard.j and slowly progress.
if you really are willing to learn another language then you might aswell try pascal or C(++).

exge

Reaction score
err .. well i already know c++ perl pascal and asm .... i really really want to learn jass, GUI is so ... :banghead:

mayb you could tell me how you learnt jass

C

Capt Griffen

You know a few other programming languages? Ok, this is simple.

1) Learn the syntax, ie: call, set, takes, returns, and maybe a couple of others.

2) Extract common.j and blizzard.j from one of your WC3 MPQ files, can't remember which, and make them openable in textbook. These hold all natives and BJ functions (natives almost always > BJs).

3) You're set.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
exge said:
mayb you could tell me how you learnt jass
well i kind of already did...
first step: vexorian's tutorial
second step: extract blizzard.j and common.j, get JassCraft or start converting triggers to jass

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Yea, im starting now, having some knowladge in c++ helped a bunch.
I'd say look on thehelper.net for Beginning jass.

exge

Reaction score
hmm .. so your saying i have to have those 2 files open when jassing ..???

exge

Reaction score
i use jasscraft, but am still lost....you know what i mean like the compilers for other languages, they provide suggestions on that instant you type the code in and auto syntax error checking, jasscfraft syntax checking is abit bugged

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
JassCraft has some very annoying bugs - search function, the syntax check gets bugged sometimes etc.
however you can always use pjass which is actually the same thing JassCraft uses. just make sure you first imput common.j and blizzard.j before your code so that it wont give you unknown function errors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.