RPG Legacy of Argos Orpg

95blojoe

Reaction score
I have some problem now, the 2 arrow spells need to make in vJass for convenient. Is it acceptable? It is easy to import if you know raw code. However, GUI is able to make it MUI, but it is bad.

Sorry i am new to this still, What is the diffrence of GUI and MUI?

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Your spell is made of GUI, means Graphic User interface. MUI stand for multi-unit instantable. GUI is blizzard default, but it is bad, it works double times to get single result. So, Jass is better, it works single work for single result. Jass also can make things easier, controlling the script better. MUI is means the things can be casted by several unit at same time without any bug.

95blojoe

Reaction score
Your spell is made of GUI, means Graphic User interface. MUI stand for multi-unit instantable. GUI is blizzard default, but it is bad, it works double times to get single result. So, Jass is better, it works single work for single result. Jass also can make things easier, controlling the script better. MUI is means the things can be casted by several unit at same time without any bug.

Thanks alot :D

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
GUI is not blizzard's default, it's a way to help people understand coding easier then typing the language out.

About this project, why can't you do the spells and instead asked like 5? spell makers.

Those font colors kill my eyes and the screenshots are not amazing enough for me at least.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I believe Blizzard made GUI sloppily cos they didn't want to type the code out for their campaigns and didn't want to spend too much time and it. Thus, Blizzard made GUI, a graphic user interface that is just good enough for Blizzard to do their campaigns.

Anyway, it is possible to make any spell MUI without doing any complex system as long as you don't need one unit to do something to another unit, both of which is set upon the casting of the spell. Meaning that as long as its an AoE or point target spell, its fine (that's why my spellpack does not have any target unit spells :S)

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
wraithseeker.
This is a members project.
Don't flame it. Its a team effort and everyone will have credit of making it equaly.
I'm not a good spell maker. And If I was It would still take me forever to make ALL of them.
Really if your not here to help don't come and negativly critisize it.
Don't flame members projects

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Spells now working in progress.... Sheering Arrow will be done in MUI soon.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Hmm I like them. But the energy beem isn't dealing any damage.
The auto casts shouldn't be auto casts. They should be passives. As in you don't need to click to use.
Do you think you can add 2 more spells to Warrior Instances? And 1 more ultamite for The Mage?

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Also,
I need someone to go through my triggers and find anything that leaks and what would create enormous amounts of lag.

95blojoe

Reaction score
Hmm I like them. But the energy beem isn't dealing any damage.
The auto casts shouldn't be auto casts. They should be passives. As in you don't need to click to use.
Do you think you can add 2 more spells to Warrior Instances? And 1 more ultamite for The Mage?

Also,
I need someone to go through my triggers and find anything that leaks and what would create enormous amounts of lag.

Well i could fix that and second yes my triggers probally leak alot ><

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
I would like to help but my computer now is unstable. (Can be known from Technical Support Zone) T.T I am going to fix it after I bought new RAM for my pc.

Latest news : My computer problem is solved. I pull out my spoiled RAM and works good now. :D Ready to do the task now. XD

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Nevermind lol I found the reason why the game would lag like hell. I had a map int that instead of loading at map int it loaded a .01 sec after game started

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Yuck, yellow text hurts my eyes! [CheckButNot] <-- Something like that. Eh, got any screenies with spells in action?

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
But Hey I need someone to help me with some jass stuff.
I don't know how to edit this camara system.. Can I use a custom script? It has it in map int to create a unit for every palyer and set the camara system to the unit. I need to make it flexible so I can change the camara to another unit. Like when a hero dies it creates a ghost. I want the camara to change to the ghost and then when your hero is revived it changes back to the hero?

Here is the int trig for the Third Person Camara
JASS:
scope Init initializer Init

private function Actions takes nothing returns nothing
        local integer i = 0
        local unit u

call FogEnable(false)
        call FogMaskEnable(false)
        call SetSkyModel(&quot;Environment\\Sky\\Sky\\SkyLight.mdl&quot;)

loop
            exitwhen i == 12
            if GetPlayerSlotState(Player(i)) == PLAYER_SLOT_STATE_PLAYING and GetPlayerController(Player(i)) == MAP_CONTROL_USER then
                set u = CreateUnit(Player(i), &#039;H001&#039;, -26000, -25000, 180)
                call EnableThirdPersonCam(Player(i), u, 0)
            endif
            set i = i+1
        endloop
        set u = null
    endfunction

private function Init takes nothing returns nothing
        set gg_trg_Init = CreateTrigger()
        call TriggerAddAction(gg_trg_Init, function Actions)
    endfunction

endscope

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.