RPG Legacy of Argos Orpg

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
OverView

"Years and years ago all the races were living in peace. One day a dark and evil wizard came and created a war agianst the other racea. While they were distracted with fighting he found the "Lost Rune" He became more powerful than ever. The races noticed the change in their world after the "Lost Rune" was found. The races decided to band together to defeat the Wizard and his followers. It was now the Light vs The Forsaken. In an all out war for Freedom and Peace."

I know everyone is tired of hearing the same thing from map makers. "Look! My Map Best! Mine is cooler!" Etc... Etc...
For mine I'm not saying its going to be better or worse than anyone elses. It will all depend on what you think of it.

I want this to be a serious project. I am open on the computer 24hours a day/ 7 days a week. I am skilled GUI MPI MUI and very amatuer at Jass but I can get the concept of what I'm reading. I'm Excellent at Terraining and making simple GUI spells. I can model but not make skins. I'm learning Icons but we wont need anymore than the ones I already have in the game.

Systems:
Save/Load [Need]
Saves: Hero, Exp, Abilities, Items, Items in Extended Inventory, Rank, Equiped Items System [Check]
Damage Detection System [Check]
Item Stacking System [Check]
Item Equip System [In Progress] [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] 45%
Creep Revival System [Check]
Item Drop System [InProgress][lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll] 8%
Tree Growth System [Check]
Hero Ghost Revival System [CheckButNeedsWork]
Party System [InProgress] [llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 92%
Share Bounty System [CheckButNeedsWork]
Extended Inventory System [CheckButNeedsWork]
Weapon Restrict System [CheckButNeedsWork]

Ideas:
I have Many ideas. Overall I want to do is to take the "strengths" of all the best orpg's and make them stronger and then add my own twist.
Lets See:
I have models of shields armor and weapons. And I have Weaponless Models.
I'm trying to create a realistic appearance to the game. Also it really stands out who is the strongest by what kind of looking armor or weapon or shield they have. I am going to have a huge arsonal of items. So its not common for 2 players to have the same Item.
99 Levels. (Was going to be 300 but found out it would be too much.
With this game your not going to get to level 20 in a hour of playing. You actually have to work for your levels. Be it quests, killing bosses, Kingdom Quests (will Explain Below), pvp, Epic Quests, or killing creeps.
The Map Size is Massive. But my codes are very efficient and create little lag.
Kingdom Quests are like dungeons/minigames combined. Different level kingdom quests and you can enter one whenever you want. (as long as there isn't one going on :p) This map is going to be very flexible and adventerous. There is a story line but i'm not going to put it all here on this thread :).

What I need:
Expert Terrainer to help me terrain the map.
Item Maker
Creep Maker
Spell Maker (Spells Below)
And
Quest Maker

The Classes and the Races

The Light

• Human
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mage
Uses Element-Type spells. Doesn't buff.

Lvl 3 (Instance)- Water Orb
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)- Sandstorm
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)- Water Orb Level 2
Lvl 12 (Instance) (Passive)-Sandstorm Level 2

lvl 15 (Instance) (Ultimate)- Hydro Jet

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-Liquid Elemental
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)- Quicksand
lvl 24 (Instance) (Passive)- Water Orb Level 3,

lvl 27 (Instance)- Water Orb Level 3
lvl 28 (Passive)-
lvl 30 (Instance) (Ultimate)- Quicksand level 2,

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Warrior
Large Damaging Attacks. Tank. Aggro - Lurer
Lvl 3 (Instance)-
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)-
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-
Lvl 12 (Instance) (Passive)-

lvl 15 (Instance) (Ultimate)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-
lvl 24 (Instance) (Passive)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-
lvl 30 (Instance) (Ultimate)-
Priest
Healer, Buffer, Resurecter
Lvl 3 (Instance)-
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)-
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-

• Dwarf
Paladin
Tank, Healer, Aura
Lvl 3 (Instance)-
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)-
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-
Crusader
Same as Warrior
Rifleman
Aoe Attacker, Negative buffer
Lvl 3 (Instance)-
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)-
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-

• Night Elves
Swordswomen
Same as Warrior
Ranger
Bleeding attacks, Lurer, Aoe ultamites
Lvl 3 (Instance)- Sharp Arrow
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)- Bloodseeking Arrow
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)- Sharp Arrow Level 2

lvl 15 (Instance) (Ultimate)- Sheering Arrow, Bloodseeking Arrow Level 2

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-
Druid
Healer, Nature Summoner, Tank
Lvl 3 (Instance)- Nature Shot
Lvl 4 (Passive)- Spirits Luck
Lvl 6(Instance)- Call of the Spirits
Lvl 8 (Passive)- Wisdom
Lvl 9 (Instance)- Nature Shot Level 2
Lvl 12 (Instance) (Passive)-Spirit Luck Level 2, Call of the Spirits Level 2

lvl 15 (Instance) (Ultimate)- Rejuvination Dust, Purification

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)- Nature Ward
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)- Entangling

lvl 27 (Instance)- Nature Ward Level 2
lvl 28 (Passive)-
lvl 30 (Instance) (Ultimate)- Entangling Level 2
The Forsaken

• Undead
Warrior
Same
Ranger
Same
Necromancer
Summons, Dark buffs, Negative buffs
Lvl 3 (Instance)-
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)-
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-

• Demons
Vampire
HpSteal, Tank, Infecting attacks
Lvl 3 (Instance)- Blood Thirst
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)- Void
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-
Sorcerer
Same as Mage
Dreinel Healer
Same as Priest

• Orc
Warrior
Same
Orc Paladin
Same as Paladin
Shamen
Summons, Wards, Heals
Lvl 3 (Instance)-
Lvl 4 (Passive)-
Lvl 6(Instance)-
Lvl 8 (Passive)-
Lvl 9 (Instance)-

lvl 16 (Passive)-
lvl 18 (Instance)-
lvl 20 (Passive)-
lvl 21 (Instance)-

lvl 27 (Instance)-
lvl 28 (Passive)-

Screenshots

WC3ScrnShot_052509_195157_03.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052509_195338_05.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052509_195411_06.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052509_195501_07.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052509_195546_08.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052509_200853_09.jpg

Thank you everyone. Every Input is worth it. Any Suggestions are welcome. Please nothing negative. If you want to help Put this in your post:

Postion:
Email: (Must be yahoo, if not make one)

This project is going to be large if not epic. It won't take long at the rate I'm working on this :p

EDIT:
New STuff!

Story:(The Light)
You enter the Grand Castle of Almor. You talk to the recruit supervisor and he tells you the first quest. Its a petty quest but it gets you started!
You go about talking to people and other NPC's. Boy it always seems like they always need something eh? You explore the surrounding forest completing quests doing errands, etc... Enter Kingdom Quests(Explained below) ENter dungeons(Explained below) with a party....

There are 3 different quest types you do in the game:
Story
Epic
Petty

Story is the main quests that lead you through the game, all the way till you get "Freerange". Then your basically Pvping with others.

Epic is the side story. Its the quests that have you fight Nul' Morian(Evil Wizard) you fight his bosses and his minions. All the way to the last epic quest where you have to defeat the wizard and restore peace to the kingdom.

Petty are the side quests that help you level. Anything from getting meat from a stag to killing giant wolves to whatever!

KINGDOM QUESTS are the large "dungeons" they start every 10 minutes and people who want to join enter the Kingdom quest Gate several types of kingdom quests are: Survival, Race, and Puzzle

Survival is where everyone who joins the kingdom quest has to survive wave after wave of minions of the Evil Wizard in a room with no escape.

Race is where everyone who joins has to get through the minions reach the boss and kill him in 10 minutes.

Puzzle is where you have to figure out a few puzzles get to the boss and kill him in 10 minuts.

There is a Kingdom Quest for every 15 levels. Only people in the 15 range can join. EX: lvls 1-15 can only go to one kingdom quest. and only 16-30 can only go into another.

DUNGEONS
Dungeons in this game are like minigames. Get through some semi hard creeps reach the boss and BOOM
the game begins
the room is closed up and everyone has to work together. You start to attack the boss(Each boss has special types of abilities that they can use) it starts to channel a spell. Its a large ray that moves to the left. If hit you lose alot of health and you get a negative buff. There will be many different spells it can use. When down to a certain hp it dissapears and it sends out some minibosses while doing dodgable spells at you.
(This isn't how all of them are. Just a example of one.

Like Kingdom quests there is 1 for every 15 levels.

The game will have a very advance party system where a player can push esc and see all invites from other players and join as they please. When joining a party a multiboard comes up showing each player like shown:

ICON HERO NAME LEVEL
HP BAR |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
MP BAR |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

and there is 1 of these for each person in the party except for yourself. And when you leave the party the multiboard disapears and your stats are removed from the parties multiboards.

And for dungeons the only way for groups of people to go in is if they party up.
Cool huh. :) I thought so too.

Added very good flight systems for faster traveling

Soon to come:

Pet system
Purchasable bag system
Title system

What ive added:
A easy quest making system(Made by me)
a weapon Wielding system(Made by me edited by Sam)
Inventory drop system
A ability add to spellbook system.

Still looking for any help! Need more spells! Not too complex please.

If any questions post them!

I will add screenshots in a bit.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
The Spell Guidelines:

Each hero will have 3 Spell books.
Instances
Passives
Ultamites

Heros will gain abilities like so:

Lvl 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57,60,63,66,69,72,75,78,81,84,87,90,93,96,99
Instances

Lvl 4,8,12,16,20,24,28,32,36,40,44,48,52,56,60,64,68,72,76,80,84,88,92,96,99
Passives

Lvl 15,30,45,60,75,90,99
Ultamites

For balancing:

The heros gain 10 hp per str and 5 per int.

And they all start out with 50hp to 100 hp

So make spells according to this information.
For Ex. a level 5 warrior who spends all 3 of his stat points on str every level and starts out with 100hp he will have a total of 250 hp. The creeps at his level will be stronger than him and creeps 1 level lower than him are weaker. Please either balance it using this info or make it easy for me to balance.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
1 more spell. :)

Bloodseeking Arrow

Damage/Healing Configuration
Trigger:
  • Bloodseeking Arrow Configuration
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_Damage = 30.00
      • -------- This is the damage for Bloodseeking Arrow. --------
      • -------- Total hit points returned to caster. --------
      • -------- Level 1 - 30, level 2 - 60, and vice versa --------

Starting of Spell :
Trigger:
  • Bloodseeking Arrow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bloodseeking Arrow
    • Actions
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_CasterLoc = (Position of Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster)
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_CastLoc = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Bloodseeking_ArrowCasterOwning = (Owner of Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster)
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_Angle = ((Angle from Bloodseeking_Arrow_CastLoc to Bloodseeking_Arrow_CasterLoc) + 180.00)
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_LoopTimes = (Integer(((Distance between Bloodseeking_Arrow_CastLoc and Bloodseeking_Arrow_CasterLoc) / 50.00)))
      • Animation - Play Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster's attack animation
      • Wait 0.80 seconds
      • Animation - Play Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster's stand animation
      • Unit - Create 1 Bloodseeking Arrow Dummy for Bloodseeking_ArrowCasterOwning at Bloodseeking_Arrow_CasterLoc facing Bloodseeking_Arrow_Angle degrees
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_ArrowDummy = (Last created unit)
      • Trigger - Turn on Bloodseeking Arrow Slide <gen>

Sliding of Arrow :
Trigger:
  • Bloodseeking Arrow Slide
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.03 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc = (Position of Bloodseeking_Arrow_ArrowDummy)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Bloodseeking_Arrow_LoopTimes Greater than or equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_LoopTimes = (Bloodseeking_Arrow_LoopTimes - 1)
          • Set Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc2 = (Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc offset by 50.00 towards Bloodseeking_Arrow_Angle degrees)
          • Unit - Move Bloodseeking_Arrow_ArrowDummy instantly to Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 200.00 of Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc2 matching ((((Life of (Matching unit)) Greater than or equal to 0.41) and (((Matching unit) is in Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempGroup) Equal to False)) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((( and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Other\\Stampede\\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl",GetEnumUnit(),"chest"))
              • Unit - Cause Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (Bloodseeking_Arrow_Damage x (Real((Level of Bloodseeking Arrow for Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempGroup
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc2)
        • Else - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Undead\\DeathPact\\DeathPactCaster.mdl",udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster,"overhead"))
          • Unit - Set life of Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster to (0.00 + (0.00 + ((Life of Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster) + ((Real((Number of units in Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempGroup))) x ((Real((Level of Bloodseeking Arrow for Bloodseeking_Arrow_Caster))) x Bloodseeking_Arrow_Damage)))))
          • Unit - Kill Bloodseeking_Arrow_ArrowDummy
          • Custom script: call GroupClear(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempGroup)
          • -------- No need to destroy the group, we recycle it for sake of healthy --------
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_tempLoc2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_CasterLoc)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Bloodseeking_Arrow_CastLoc)

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Ooh o_O.
Great Spell.

Hey if you make more can you not make them AoE. I need some Bleeding Spells now

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Another bloody spell. XD:)

~Blood Thirst~

Trigger is pretty simple.
Trigger:
  • Blood Thirst
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Blood Thirst
    • Actions
      • Set Blood_Thirst_Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Blood_Thirst_Target = (Target unit of ability being cast)

Trigger:
  • Blood Thirst Absorb HP
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to (==) Blood_Thirst_Target
      • (Attacking unit) Equal to (==) Blood_Thirst_Caster
      • (Blood_Thirst_Target has buff Blood Thirst ) Equal to (==) True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause Blood_Thirst_Caster to damage Blood_Thirst_Target, dealing (10.00 x (Real((Level of Blood Thirst for Blood_Thirst_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Other\\Stampede\\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl",udg_Blood_Thirst_Target,"chest"))
      • Unit - Set life of Blood_Thirst_Caster to ((Life of Blood_Thirst_Caster) + (10.00 x (Real((Level of Blood Thirst for Blood_Thirst_Caster)))))
      • Custom script: call DestroyEffect(AddSpecialEffectTarget("Abilities\\Spells\\Undead\\VampiricAura\\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl",udg_Blood_Thirst_Caster,"chest"))

There are a imported model and icon. Copy them to your map too. ^^

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Sorry, just now electricity failure occur at my housing area. That Blood Thirst.. I think it is quite weird to put on archer, however feel free to put it on anywhere as long as you like.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
New Screenshots:

(All this terrain was made by me)

WC3ScrnShot_052609_162929_01.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_162954_02.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_163007_03.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_163104_04.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_163124_05.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_163230_06.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_163345_07.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_052609_163414_08.jpg
If people want I can post a demo map of the terrain so you can explore yourself :D
Still is there anymore people who want to be involved?

_whelp

Reaction score
Sounds a bit interesting, and Argos is where Draeneis use to live at.

progressbar.php

The link is
Code:
http://deskalada.wc3armory.net/scripts/progressbar.php?score=75&red=0&blue=0&green=200
, just change score, red, blue, and green to the specified amount...

Score: Percentage
Red, Blue, and Green: Color

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Lol?
First I'm told its a name of a store in London
Then its a greek city
Now its where Draeneils live

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
A spell for the Ranger
Auto Cast -
Bleeding Spell.
Cooldown - 2 sec
15dmg per second for 6 seconds

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.