Looking for 1 person

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
Im looking for 1 person to be a co-maker(actually a partner) on a map im working on. im already making a map with 2 other people but this is a different project. The map will be RPG details up for discussion. I want a co-maker because if i do it myself it will take well over a month but with someone whose willing to put decent hours into it, it will take less than a month easily. Here are the details and requirements.

-Must have an email account and be checked daily.
-Must be willing to put a minimum of 1-2 hours of work per day unless of course life calls like holidays parties etc but let me know in advanced 1-2 business days.
-Can be on either mac or windows but preferably windows for the sake of being able to use JassHelper etc.
-Must have knowledge of both GUI and preferably a little JASS but of course not 100% thats why we are here.
-Must either be able to do 1 more form of communication. Phone, Online Chat via JAVA etc; or Battle.net US West.
-And of course must have reasonably similar likes and dislikes in maps as i do which are stated below.

Description/Information:
This will be a RPG map whoever accepts will discuss with me what they would like it to be like etc.
I like to take this somewhat seriously in the means of what the map is. Sure i like Peon Olympics and other silly maps but i want to make this more like a Campaign/Diablo II/LOAP type of RPG. Campaign in the meaning that it kind of has a story similar to that or the same style of story perhaps up for discussion not set. Diablo II as in single unit as major and possibly temp command of other units as Minor setting. and Life of a Peasant in the means that maybe at certain points there are side quest and lots of other stuff to do like mini games or jobs etc.

Thank you all for reading and i hope one of you are interested. FULL Credit will go to both of us and +Rep of course to the person who is willing as a little side gift.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
I guess I can help. I use skype, So I'm not exactly willing to do as others say if they won't do anything small for me.

on second thought nvm.. I just can't find the inspiration to make quality maps anymore.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
I would love making an rpg but currenty to much stuff going on and if you think it will be done in a month then it probaly be crappy

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
rofl how could it not be done in a month spending 6 hours a day on it unless your completely incompitent with triggers.

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Because it takes much more than that to get stuff decent? I'd say triggers are 30-50% of the time.. Terraining, set up (to make it not riduclously boring and grindy), quests, leveling rate, items and heroes take up a lot of time. Unless you're doing blizz spells, heroes will take many many hours.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
is it wise to make 2 maps at once?
secondly

most of the rpgs ive seen are well-done, trigger and terrain wise. TBR 2 was a huge project and it wasnt a joke to make.

If you have SEEN the coding for a game like MMM (mages magic and mayhem) the coding for that game is a beast.

Unless 110% effort is put into it an rpg wont appeal to the masses

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
making terrain takes just a few days (unless you have a huge sized map and want every inch of it to be filled)

making triggers (quests, cinematics, systems...) takes a lot more, but still it can be done in a week or two

making heroes, units and spells is what is most boring and time-wasting
I spend more time on editing tooltips than on terraining...

but the map itself can never be finished, it can only be improved or dumped

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
thats only if you get the nitty gritty. i mean
can you really make an awe-inspiring terrain in a few days? im not talking a tiny map im talking epic sized

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
well he said 6h per day

a lot of terrain can be made during that time

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
id love to make terrain for 6 hours of my day.
I dont think he is adding in the average wc3 attention span :/
it took a while for me to just make the basic shape of northrend for my map, and my version of northrend looks horrible

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Yes but map are never finished there is always room for improvement no matter what and im only incompitent and tool tip making

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Yes but map are never finished there is always room for improvement no matter what and im only incompitent and tool tip making

All in all, the summary is

1. 6 hours a day is too much for one wc3 map maker, unless he is serious about it, and i mean SERIOUS
2. A map can always be improved.
3. Making 2 maps at once and the map leader expecting 6 hours a day by his co-makers is asking a little too much.
4. A rpg is some serious beeswax
5. One of the only GUI rpgs ive seen are mine, which probably wont be finishing, and twilight eve, and most of those spells are stock spells

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
i have a team of people working on my other map, theres 4 including me on the other rpg im making and between the for of us we probably switch off to make it a total of 7-9 hours of work a day which is about 1 and a half a person a day. There are many amazing GUI triggers in RPG maps, you just havent seen them recently because those maps only lasted about a couple years on interest which thats how it is for most maps. Dota Footmen Frenzy and Line Tower Wars are the only ones i can think of that have lasted more then 5 years. and i must of forgot to mention the following.

-Terrain basic layout i have drawn already so its a matter of deciding on what to change and add then make it which should make it only take half the time.
-Triggers i have already had a couple people employed not really but there giving me triggers for several months and ideas for triggers.
-And thirdly and most importantly we wont be using just this forum otherwise your right that would take forever to get help on everything we need. I have it worked out over several forums what times the smartest people are logged on to maximize the quick responses we get and therefore save a monumental amount time. and by smartest i mean either highest rep or people who generally know what they are doing like ManyTimes or GeorgeMots from wc3edit.net people who usually always have the answer to questions and are always of great help

Edit: and which yes i suppose i will be taking this map somewhat seriously. its not a joke and i intend to get 5000+ total downloads in the first week its released officially not including betas. I have a clan on 90 members on US West which will be perfect for beta testing and i have thought of everything but yes at the same time i will be enjoying myself and having fun with whomever my partner/s are because i usually like the people i work with.

Edit Again: Also to save time we will most likely being leaving out custom models because as we all know they are not necessary for greatness. Look at Dota not 1 custom model/skin.

Why is this map so important and monumental and quick? Because this is the final map i will be making ever again for the Warcraft Series, This is my good bye map and hello map for Starcraft II. This map must be done between 1-2 months which i know is fast for such a monumental successful map but it can be done and its been done plenty of times before. Please note that the person/s who comake this with me will get no less then 75,000 Downloads from Battle.net and 40,000 downloads for third party sites including our VERY OWN WEBSITE. There will be only 10 versions of this map which means by the 10th we must have it flawless. It is possible to be a #2 but it might just be you making it.

I hope now you understand in a non rude way what this map means to me. This will be the last time i ever play warcraft again except when i get nastalgia and starcraft is expected around november so i want this out asap. Thank you for understanding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.