Making quest for only 1 player!

Weirdoze

Reaction score
So, how is it possible to add a quest for only 1 player. I was first about to do a "Spell book" that contains the quests but it turned out that i would have needed to make more than 1000 skills to make few funny quests work :pp

So, any ideas..? mm.. would be great =)

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Pls use the search buton as there is already a thread that had the exact same question

Weirdoze

Reaction score
yea, i found one post of that kind.. but the answer was JASS there (or some custom script) and im not very into those.. so I would prefer the answer in GUI :/

Weirdoze

Reaction score
Dude.. you really don't seem like a helper. Your answers contain like 3 words and don't help me at all, so why do you even bother?!

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Well i posted a solution in that thread, and somebody corrected that it can only be done in vJASS, which i cannot do(alot), try asking in JASS section, as pro people tend to heng around there(mby)

E: I decided to also post my version, most likely will cause a desync

JASS:
function Q1P takes player plr, string title, string description, string iconpath returns nothing
    if GetLocalPlayer() == plr then
        call CreateQuestBJ(bj_QUESTTYPE_REQ_DISCOVERED, title, description, iconpath)
    endif
endfunction

To use do:
Trigger:
  • Custom Script: call Q1P(TempPlayer, StringTitle, StringDescription, StringIconPath)

Value info:

TempPlayer -- Player who will get the quest
StringTitle -- Title of the quest
StringDescription -- Description of the quest
StringIconPath -- Iconpath of the icon e.g. "war3imported\\weirdlookingiconishthing"

Weirdoze

Reaction score
well, but i think it's kinda freaky to ask something in the JASS section cause i don't know anything about JASS :S

Weirdoze

Reaction score
my first question about ur post: what is desync, as u see I dunno anything about JASS

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Desync is not JASS.

Desyncs are connection denies or errors as far as i know. There should be few tutorials of them if you use search.

Most desyncs happen like this:

Player isolation -- Player loses connection to server and to his side looks like other players disconnect/turn into computer controlled, and to other side same about that player. Usually known as server split.

Server Split -- The server splits into two or more parts, as player groups. Some players see other players disconnecting or being controlled by computers, and same other ways. Same as above but as a team.

Fatal Error -- Simply: Warcraft shuts down giving error message full of text

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.