Tutorial Making Teleports

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
well i guess u need to make a whole new tutrial mabye i will make 1 tomorrow if i got time it isnt hard to make one and mabye it give +rep :D i will make it very big :rolleyes: :D

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> They will just keep teleporting back n forth to the point where it crashes

Very easy solution for that. Turn the movement triggers off when a player enters the region, move the unit, then turn them back on. All with no waits.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Very easy solution for that. Turn the movement triggers off when a player enters the region, move the unit, then turn them back on. All with no waits.

I know the solution, the point is it's not my tutorial, it's his, he's supposed to figure out how and add it :p

Doomhammer

Bob Kotick - Gamers' corporate spoilsport No. 1
Reaction score
the simplest solution in this case is using 4 zones; each portal has a "starting" zone and a "landing zone", which are close to each other; maybe have the starting rect in the center and the landing region split up in different rects around it.

if this looks too obvious, you still have the option of turning off the portal trigger once the units get beamed up, include a tiny wait, and turn it on again once the units beamed down have been ordered out of the the other portal zone.

if that too, is a no-go, then read the most clever solution from UndeadDragon's new tutorial on Teleports :D

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Actually the best solution is moving the unit to the region with an offset so it still only requires two...

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> include a tiny wait

If it's an instant move, you don't need a wait at all.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's ideas, I will edit the tutorial when I get some more time. Maybe tommorow or the next day, adding special effects and other peoples ideas. :)

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
Yeah, make a little section with tips n' tricks, this will really give the user a sense of an open mind, making them acually look deeper into making a are to teleport from, maybe give them some good angles for a camera, some color codes, you know.
Other wise this is sweet, very helpful.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.