Map Type

What is your favorite type of map to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Please feel free to vote for your favourite type of map...

> Mass Fights: Where you are given masses of units to fight with against computer/user
> Other: Please post what your "Other" is
> Melee: Why would you vote for this? :D

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
basically any game that dosent fit anywhere, no specifics....

the reason for my vote on "other": i want to see more map ideas flying around, thats why i personaly make the maps i make

also this is suppost to be in warcraft talk, not the help fourms, someone move this

pick, be aware of where your posting these things

N2o)

Retired.
Reaction score
I like maps that are unique and individual but fun such as orcs and elves(is a tag i know), mad balls arena, etc. etc.
But i also like escapes, it's a shame they died on Bnet, if there were escapes on the poll i would of voted for it.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love tower defences :)

My other is Maul Wars, and Escapes.

i pretty much play anything and everything though on B.net. (Not Dota though)

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
I vote for ORPG and AoS. I <3 dota a lot of people I know simply don't like it not because of the actual game but getting owned in pubs, not knowing what to do and leavers.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Altered melee would be nice, but there aren't many around and most are quite imbalanced or simply suck.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
AoS, though more on the ToBing side, because on the more DotA-esque side there's usually loads of idiots that make playing a good game impossible (Even if it HAS been a a loong, close, intense game, which is excessively rare in DotA if it lasts for over 1.25 hours chances are you'll be kicked because the idiot host who picked techies, the biggest game lengthener ever, now apparently wants a faster game), and the general design usually isn't all that good, with far too many and far tooock/paper/scissored heroes and overemphasis on items, thus basically turning it into a quagmire where you almost always win on a fluke and apart from that the game is generally decided in the first 5 minutes.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Team Defenses...
Like Tower Defenses but ehh there inbetween of AoS, Tower Defenses, and Melee games

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
If it's a well made AoS like, Desert of Exile, or Legend of Eternity, i'll play it, other than that, no :)

M

MikeTheGuy

Well I like ORPGs, etc. the most and PvP maps (AoS, CTF, etc.) I personally don't like TDs, but mostly because I suck at them and they're really not my thing anyhow.

Off-topic:
not knowing what to do and leavers.

Well the other problem is that either A) the game says "pros only" so nobody can learn, or B) It doesn't say "pros only" but the people who are in it are jerks and make it incredibly difficult for you to learn anything. The third, and most rare option, is when the game is actually a noob only game, but the person who makes it usually isn't really that good either so nobody learns anything.

As for the actual DoTa game, it's not that bad.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Personally I like Hero Line Warz (custom by Baka_Ranger) and WMW super speed edition or WMW torny edition cubed (both by Strongfoe).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.