Crime Medic Sued For Swiping Severed Foot From Crash Victim

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A man who lost his foot and part of his leg in a 2008 crash on I-95 in St. Lucie County is suing a paramedic who swiped the foot from the crash scene.

Cynthia "Cindy" Economou, a former St. Lucie County Fire District firefighter-paramedic, had admitted to taking Karl Lambert's foot after the Sept. 19, 2008, crash but says she took it to train her body recovery dog, according to tcpalm.com.

Economou was sentenced to six months probation in 2009 for second-degree petit theft in the foot swipe, though she told the court at the time that when she found the foot trapped in the wreckage an hour after Lambert was airlifted from the scene, it was unusable.

"It was an unrecognizable mass of flesh," Economou said. "It wasn't a clean cut. You couldn't even recognize it as a foot....If I had thought it was somehow reattachable and usable, I would have gone to my commander."

Read the news here.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Haha WTF, is this real? How did this come about? Did he get home and go, "Holy shit, some dude stole my fucking foot!"?

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't really think it's that fair. What the hell was the guy gonna do with his foot anyways? At least they admitted they took it for a decent use.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I don't really think it's that fair. What the hell was the guy gonna do with his foot anyways? At least they admitted they took it for a decent use.

if it wasnt badly damaged it could have been reattached. but she says it was badly damaged so, yeah. the guy is just a moneywhore whod sue over anything

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
What I'm surprised is ... she has a COMMANDER? o_O

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
not really sure why the man is upset about the foot.. found AN HOUR AFTER HE WAS AIRLIFTED.. maybe he wanted it as a souvenir?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
My friend cut his thumb off and was about ready to kill us when he found out that the doctors threw it away. He said it was our responsibility because he was too drugged up, and was in shock due to the fact he had cut his thumb off.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
If you rtfa then you would have known she used it to train her limb finding dog :)
I did read kinda fast. lol but it doesnt make sense why he want to sue someone for a dead foot.
It isn't their fault. Well anyway, the dog had fun I think.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
>not really sure why the man is upset about the foot.. found AN HOUR AFTER HE WAS AIRLIFTED.. maybe he wanted it as a souvenir?

Er, why not? It was his after all ... I mean, if its okay to collect seashells, coins, and trading cards, you really ought to be able to keep _your own foot_.

Heh, feel kinda bad for the medic though, her thought process sort of made sense. I mean, she was taking the foot to train a dog to find limps more quickly ... which would have really helped this guy XD.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.