Cinematic Memory Forever [Need Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimus

Reaction score
Ok, This cinematic use precise timing and it almost reach the completion.

There is some minor flaw with certain part of the execution which I need help from a expert.

What do I need ?

1) Fog - Currently I was thinking of setting the right fog for each scenery, I need a user who are quite experience with fog effect for this cinematic.

2) Animation - Some of the animation doesn't seems to be appropriate for some scenario. Which somehow doesn't seem to match the condition, I need a user to tell me which animation would suit the scenario much better.

3) Graveyard - The graveyard terrain somehow look dull, Friky did a great job at most of the terrain. But, this terrain somehow doesn't seem to be right in my opinion (Sorry Friky). If you are experience terrainer at developing a nice graveyard scenario, your help are certainly welcome.

4) Note - This cinematic was created to dedicated to the hero from the past and present who risk their life for the people. I need a user who could wrote a very inspiring note for the ending of this cinematic.

If you think you have found some flaw regarding the camera or terrain, feel free to tell me about it. But, please keep your review from being hostile.

The thing not implement in this cinematic.

Fog
Skip Cinematic Capability
Credit List
Notice

http://rapidshare.com/files/178725087/Memory_Forever_v1.00.w3x.html

Due to the file size, I cannot upload it to here.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
I recommend avoiding rapid share in the future - they're a greedy company with mass advertisements and overpriced, poor services.

Also, thanks for warning about the protection on it. It's rather rude to post a map, while asking us for input into other things (which largely revolves around testing it outselfs).
But thank you, I really needed to lose 12 hours of mapping. Thanks mate!

EDIT2: Now that it's opened in the world editor, let's examine this a bit.
For starters, the terrain is unbelievably sparse, even for a cinematic. That cometary looks like it's made out of plastic - too perfect. Your terrainer is far from good.

The quality seems poor in terrain, triggering, imports, and 'music'. I wasn't aware it was legal to package copyrighted material (unless I'm mistaken) in a compressed achieve - w3x as an example.
My my, you didn't even bother reducing the bitrate in the song to reduce it. 8mb for that song, tisk tisk.

EDIT3: after seeing it ingame..
-bad sounds (poor placement)
-rather boring , both repetive in scenes and fade out.
-Jerky camera movement
-animations too perfect. I understand you're trying to show dedication, but they need some sort of random offest.
-strange shadows
-siege rock timing off
-explosions are poorly done.
-bullets are too small, too numerous.
-poor choice in models (both imported and default)
-Lack of a storyline (I realize you're trying to make us reflect within ourselfs or some crap like that, but you pulled it off badly.
-What am I saying, you didn't pull it off at all.

Septimus

Reaction score
1) I have to use rapidshare because the max upload size permitted at this site doesn't given to it.
2) The graveyard terrain is indeed bad, if you ever bother to read what I been posting at the first post. You would notice that it is 1 of the flaw I already mention.
3) The main reason why I do not want to reduce the music file size is because the size is still acceptable, reducing the bitrate would gradually reduce the quality of it. Which is the main thing I doesn't want to do. Afterall, it was a single player map and was a cinematic.
4) Animation have flaw, if you ever read the first post of mine.
5) Strange shadows ? Can you elaborate more about this part.
6) The triggering I have set it up was using a precise timing, which gradually need lot's of trigger since it was set up at GUI. If you ever use a precise timing in GUI, you would know that you have to make up a bunch of trigger out of it.
7) There is no storyline out of it, please read the first thread again.

Anyway, I am still finding user that could possibly help me fix this 4 matter that had been mention at the first post.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
2) The graveyard terrain is indeed bad, if you ever bother to read what I been posting at the first post. You would notice that it is 1 of the flaw I already mention.
I was posting critisms I had of the game - I wrote them down as I saw them.
Sorry I didn't check every one of them.

3) The main reason why I do not want to reduce the music file size is because the size is still acceptable, reducing the bitrate would gradually reduce the quality of it. Which is the main thing I doesn't want to do. Afterall, it was a single player map and was a cinematic.
The song is extremely high quality - hence the high filesize. Unless you are using hundred dollar headphones, or several hundred dollar stereos the loss of quality is incomparable.
4) Animation have flaw, if you ever read the first post of mine.
I reviewed it. I posted my criticisms.

5) Strange shadows ? Can you elaborate more about this part.
Many scenes have shadows of dummy units - particularly on the sea scene.
6) The triggering I have set it up was using a precise timing, which gradually need lot's of trigger since it was set up at GUI. If you ever use a precise timing in GUI, you would know that you have to make up a bunch of trigger out of it.
If you're new at it, sure. But I have never had a problem with precision timing - from either single player/offline to online using dummies. Being lazy is not an excuse.
I do not like this post of yours not because it give negative review about my cinematic, but the attitude that have been reflect by your message and the way you neglect to read the first post at all.
Well, if I gave this a stunning review I doubt you wouldn't have given me a -rep - even if I still included the parts you included in the first post.
And not only that, but you lack an understanding of how certain styles of reviews work. I pick all I can apart, regardless of if you've posted it or not.

After reading the first post..
-You do not tell us that animations are poor, simply that some are out of place.
-#4 creates the image that there is a storyline, even if it's not written.

My my, what do we have here.
If you think you have found some flaw regarding the camera or terrain, feel free to tell me about it
Yet you complain when someone does give it to you.

Septimus

Reaction score
Yes, I welcome the comment if it mention the flaw which are not listed by me. I do not need a user to post an answer which already been mention.

Do you want to open a thread regarding about an error only to be replied by the same answer which you already known ?

Also, my thread are finding user to assist me in fixing the error rather than need a comment/opinion of where the error was; if you ever notice this sentence.

There is some minor flaw with certain part of the execution which I need help from a expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.