Music import problem

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with importing custom music into the world editor. When I import a mp3 file and then try to save the map, it sometimes gives a lot of jass errors (mainly invalid number of arguments) and sometimes it just saves correctly. What do I have to do so it will always save correctly?

S

skinny77

Sorry, I don't know what the answer is to this one. When I import music it saves fine, but doesn't play when I tell it to. It doesn't seem to read it. Sorry I can't help.

:confused:

Kershbob

Reaction score
Grurf maybe it's to do with the mp3 size? Or maybe the file is jut plain corrupted.

Skinny are you sure you set the mp3 to be played as music in the sound editor?

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't seem to have any problems with small-sized mp3's, but that doesn't solve my problem, I still want to be able to import good quality music. And btw, why would jass suddenly start complaining about exactly the same code? Isn't there a solution to import big mp3's?

L

La_Loser

I know how to put on music, in world editor, first you import it. Then when you are in import manager, change the custom setting for it. Instead of it being Warcraft3import/blah blah blah. make it music/blah blah blah. Then go to ur trigger manager and then put ur music in it. Here is an example

Code:
Events - Player Red types in -play song as an exact match.
Condition- None
Actions - Play song - play imported song [(mortal kombat) this is n example]

Then whenever red types -play song it plays it

B

BlizzScripts

i had 2xproblems first the size u cant make a map with 5 mb size(unplaybe)
and second (wav and mp3) i think if u change the program should works.

Videomach what i use to test and correct program ..

dont know about your problem but if u try to change the mp3 to wav should work =D
gl =D

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Lol, if I import the music in wav format my map will be like 40mb big =).

Anyways, I found a solution: Somewhere on wc3sear.ch is a piece of JASS code that forces the compiler to go on even if the whole code is messed up. I lost the URL at the moment, but I will post it here if I find it back.

M

Marksman

MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!! *hums song* Sigh....if only i had me some mp3's, I could make a musically ingenious game. This is going to sound like the most newb question in the universe, but what is an mp3? Ive heard a lot about them but what are they? Are they what you put on iPods?

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I believe (because I never really paid attention, myself) that MP3's are the types of music files. Like, a song would be
Song.mp3

And yes, it's Ipod compatable. That much I know (or at least I think I know)

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Yes its a one of MANY music formats. mp3 format is the one of the worst of them all from all the detail it cuts when you listen. To see for yourself listen to a song you have from the original cd NOT A BURN and then play that same song in mp3 format, there is a major difference. The reason music players (like Ipod, Rio, Dell DJ and other) use mp3 is because of the the size reduction on the song. If you look at the RIO site ( www.rioaudio.com (i have a RIO)) you will see when you click on a certain music player like the Carbon that at the information it will say 80 hours of MP3 (160 hours WMA) only becuase WMA is a lesser quality format than mp3. So...

Grurf said:
Lol, if I import the music in wav format my map will be like 40mb big =).

is right, wav has more quality than mp3 does so you want it in WMA for less lag and less map size. The only down side is a small quality difference that is almost unditected in Warcraft, but is in other music players.

Hope that helps to clear things up for you ppl who don't know music formats

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
the mp3 file format is a compressed file format. It reduces the size of the file by removing information in the audio that is not very perceivable by the average person (e.g. very high pitched audio). At compression bitrates of around 128kbps and onwards, mp3s allow the audio to maintain a reasonable quality while allowing the size of the audio file to be much smaller.

A "traditional" wav file is an uncompressed file format. It provides optimal quality for audio but has the disadvantage of requiring lots of space. I say "traditional" because wav files can be more complex, but I'll avoid talking about the complexities so as not to confuse anyone.

If you download the software I wrote here:

www.nch.com.au/switch

You can either take your wav file and compress it to an mp3 file, or you can take an mp3 and change the quality of it so as to increase/decrease the size of the mp3 file.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.