Need Help With Trigger

Legacyspy

Reaction score
I am currently working on a map that has a series of rooms, each with 2 waygates, and 1 region on each waygate.

What I want to happen is at map init or shortly after, for about a third of the rooms to be linked together.
by linked I mean, 1 waygate from 1 room connects to another waygate in a different room, then the other waygate in that room will link to another waygate in a room different from those and so on.

I can't figure out how to do this. All my attempts have lead to crashes or incomplete links.

Edit: After thinking some more, effectively the problem is how do I do this:
variable[1] = random number 1-X
variable[2] = random number 1-X except any above
variable[3] = random number 1-X except any above
and so on
up to
variable[X]

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Something like this? <_<
Trigger:
  • RandomEach
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tempString = 000102030405060708091011
      • Set tempCount = 11
      • For each (Integer A) from 0 to 11, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set tempRandom = (Random integer number between 0 and tempCount)
          • Set integers[(Integer A)] = (Integer((Substring(tempString, (tempRandom x 2), ((tempRandom x 2) + 2)))))
          • Set tempString = ((Substring(tempString, 0, tempRandom)) + (Substring(tempString, (tempRandom + 2), ((tempCount x 2) + 2))))
          • Set tempCount = (tempCount - 1)
      • -------- End Loop --------

canons200

Reaction score
how about using way gate? the way gate have way gate ability that can connect to other way gate, need no trigger.
EDIT
just need to add region then click way gate and select your region. the minute your unit move in the way gate, it will auto send to the region u added.

Legacyspy

Reaction score
how about using way gate? the way gate have way gate ability that can connect to other way gate, need no trigger.
EDIT
just need to add region then click way gate and select your region. the minute your unit move in the way gate, it will auto send to the region u added.

I fully understand how waygates work, the point was to randomize them with out errors.

ZugZug, your system does not appear to work, I am getting outputs of 3 and 2 digit numbers as well as multiple 0s.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.