Need someone to fix my leaks

Derek0

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I've tried and tried, I've looked through 2 different leak tutorials, I've used the leak checker, I've looked over and over my triggers, but I'm lost.

I got most of the leaks, but there are still enough leaks to cause moderate lag and also lock up the game for 5 minutes or so after clicking "quit campaign" when the victory message comes up. I just can't seem to find the leak. I'm probably missing something right in front of my face, but I just can't find a leak that goes off often enough to cause this.

I've exported and attached my triggers in hopes that some kind member could help me find the leak thats causing this. If you will help me, I would also like to point out that every trigger in the "Spells" category was added after this problem started, and they didn't seem to add to the leakage.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
My World Editor crashes when I try to look at your triggers. I can import them and see the first one, but when I click on Init, it crashes. Can you upload the entire map?

TheCrystal

Reaction score
Read the Leak Tutorial and do it yourself. Thats the only way you can learn.

If u use WEU, We can't open it if u used WEU trigz.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Yes, read a tutorial about leaks and then you are able to remove the leaks yourself within 15 minutes or so...
Search the forum after "tutorial Leak" or "leak remove" "remove leaks" "leaks" "leak tut"..whatever;)
Cheerio

Derek0

Reaction score
Read the Leak Tutorial and do it yourself. Thats the only way you can learn.

If u use WEU, We can't open it if u used WEU trigz.

I'm not using WEU, or any other world editor enhancements.

I've read two different tutorials on leaks countless times, and I've looked through all my triggers many times. I've also used the leak checker on all my triggers twice, and I still can't find it. I've checked all the Periodic Events less than 60 seconds and I've used the Object Manager to find all the groups and special effect calls. I've looked and looked and I know it's there I just don't know where.

I have removed many, many other leaks, but there must be leaks left, or is there possibly another cause for lag and locking up for 5 minutes after leaving late game (through victory or defeat)?

EDIT: And no, if your thinking I just did that now, I didn't. I've had this problem for a long, long time now, and I'm fed up with the dang thing.

Derek0

Reaction score
Oh fine right now I want to fix this leak more than I currently care about someone stealing my map, and I'm usually very paranoid.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I just took a quick glance and it looks like you know what you're doing. There's only one little problem. Triggers themselves do not leak. You don't have to destroy triggers.

Derek0

Reaction score
Yeah I have been making maps for a while, I've done a really nice helms deep real version, and since my other hero-based map was a flop, I made this one, learning from my mistakes.

I also have that customizable skills system that Acehart designed. The only thing I'm not too good at is custom spells, you may notice I got most of the custom spells from online sources (of course I gave credit)

ManyTimes

Reaction score
Ok...I've now played it for 10 minutes...
It started out "fine", dont know how much FPS I did start with, since, forgot to turn it on at the first 30 seconds (voting and picking a hero), but then yes...But when I turned it on, and also the creeps spawning, it started to drop. After 10 minutes of playing, my FPS dropped from 60 > 36-44...

Suggestions:
Turn off the two triggers that runs every 0.1 seconds, and instead of running them every 0.1 second, try rather 0.15 seconds? Yes, that helps a lot actually, since inside that, it is foreachinteger A 0-31...
Hmm, how can I create a picture for you here..hmm..Yes, imagine you got one trigger that RUNS 64 triggers, that does A LOT checking etc.. within 0.00 seconds, every 0.1 of game time. This I believe will help the computer to go slower...:)

A Tip when chosing a hero-system: Instead of chosing like you do, 100 variables being set at start (has nothing to do with the lag though), you should rather make the Wisp attack the hero, and do a trigger like this: Event - unit is attacked, conditions - owner of unit = neutral and is a hero , actions - whatever, you got the point. Then you could completly remove the 0.1 seconds..but...Try the first tip first:) You had like 10000 vars...at map init, I mean, how many years did that take?:D

Then do as Ghan_04 "said", remove the DestroyTrigger functions, rather just use the function "Trigger (Turn off this trigger)"...

Testing one thing more, changing one of your triggers and checking if it worked.. If it did, Ill tell you what it was, if not, haha, not even in hell I would tell :D
Cheerio
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Edit; played it again turned off both those create hero trigger (runs 0.1 sec), helped? Well, yes, took about 1 minute longer to get under 40 fps:D (took now 5 minutes, before 4) hehe, conclusion, those are not "wrong"...(which we also knew, since leakfree etc...)... But they do require a computer (better than the one I am using for the moment)

Edit2; Last test I did now, lasted 7 minutes, FPS after 7 minutes, 50-55, usually I got 60-65 (as "all" others...)...What I did now? I removed the folder that contains all your abilities called "Spells"...
Ill test more tomorrow, and then maybe I will come up with some useful stash, since, now, im too tired.

You can remove the attachment if you r so afraid of mapstealers on TH <3 ^^

Derek0

Reaction score
Turn off the two triggers that runs every 0.1 seconds, and instead of running them every 0.1 second, try rather 0.15 seconds? Yes, that helps a lot actually, since inside that, it is foreachinteger A 0-31...
Well, the loop shouldn't even be entered since there has to be more than 1 unit in the area (i had to do that because the circle of power is a unit lol)
A Tip when chosing a hero-system: Instead of chosing like you do, 100 variables being set at start (has nothing to do with the lag though), you should rather make the Wisp attack the hero, and do a trigger like this: Event - unit is attacked, conditions - owner of unit = neutral and is a hero , actions - whatever, you got the point. Then you could completly remove the 0.1 seconds..but...Try the first tip first:) You had like 10000 vars...at map init, I mean, how many years did that take?:D
Lol last time I tried to mess with the long list of varibles i screwed everything up and had to go back a version. And the vars are not only one thing, first there are the ability vars, yes, but then there are other vars like the hero vars and the hero icon string vars for the multiboard lol
Then do as Ghan_04 "said", remove the DestroyTrigger functions, rather just use the function "Trigger (Turn off this trigger)"...
Ok I'll do that.
played it again turned off both those create hero trigger (runs 0.1 sec), helped? Well, yes, took about 1 minute longer to get under 40 fps:D (took now 5 minutes, before 4) hehe, conclusion, those are not "wrong"...(which we also knew, since leakfree etc...)... But they do require a computer (better than the one I am using for the moment)
Yeah, that trigger checks if the whisp is in a circle of power and if so chooses the hero for that player. In other words, it's how long, at max, you need to stand in the circle of power until your hero is chosen. It could easily be lengthened. Also, since there are a lot of regions, it's a hell of a lot easier to do it this way lol, plus it puts the arrays to better use.
Last test I did now, lasted 7 minutes, FPS after 7 minutes, 50-55, usually I got 60-65 (as "all" others...)...What I did now? I removed the folder that contains all your abilities called "Spells"...
Ill test more tomorrow, and then maybe I will come up with some useful stash, since, now, im too tired.
Well I certainly can't remove the spell triggers, as if i did the spells wouldn't work :p
You can remove the attachment if you r so afraid of mapstealers on TH <3 ^^
Yeah I did. If anyone else needs it back up there, just post.

ManyTimes

Reaction score
Well, the loop shouldn't even be entered since there has to be more than 1 unit in the area (i had to do that because the circle of power is a unit lol)
Well, before the condition goes false/true, you are creating a leak, then cleaning up the leak, 64 times within 0.00 seconds, each 0.1 seconds...:)
Not much, but as I said, its "some", requires slightly better computer..:)

Lol last time I tried to mess with the long list of varibles i screwed everything up and had to go back a version. And the vars are not only one thing, first there are the ability vars, yes, but then there are other vars like the hero vars and the hero icon string vars for the multiboard
I know the vars are not only just one thing, even though, it had to take years of doing all the regions also, which is 24 region spawns X2 = 48 vars you actually dont need, if you did the heropick-system a bit different.

BTW; I got the answer, I've played it now for 15 minutes, still 60 fps!!!
Want to know? ehm...hmm...No? Oh...ok :( Go to the Advanced option > Gameplay Constants > Decay Time - Bones/missiles/structures/effects/ REDUCE Them...SPecially Decay - Bones, set it to around 10-15 seconds...Why? well, actually, when all those creeps are dying, their bones "remains on the ground", a human eye cannot see this though, then after 88 seconds, it removes the dying unit completely, howmany unit dies within those seconds? I guess, 300 ? IN THE SAME WINDOW! How I figured out this? The three first times, I tested the ttriggers, and yes, if I removed them,yes, it would help some, but, it should not still lagg like this, then I thought, omfg? He cant be serious? I then checked your gameplay constants, and ROFLMAO, it stood 88!!!!!!!!!! I just..HF =)
"I have removed many, many other leaks, but there must be leaks left, or is there possibly another cause for lag and locking up for 5 minutes after leaving late game (through victory or defeat)?"
That problem might help when you are doing this and when you will use the map optimizer...

Cheerio<3

Derek0

Reaction score
15 minutes? That's all? You probably haven't gotten the lock up problem at the end yet. Or at least, not a long one. It's a fairly long game, especially when you don't enable short game mode lol. If you play for 45-60 minutes, you're gonna have that lockup problem when exiting.

I'm not as much concerned with the lag as I am the lock up problem at the end. It's fine for me, I just wait 3-5 minutes after the game and then it continues, but my brother has an older computer, though it doesn't lag too much, it's faster to restarts his computer when it locks up at the end.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.